How to Respond to Rick Perry's 'Respo...

How to Respond to Rick Perry's 'Response'

There are 4 comments on the www.nytimes.com story from Aug 7, 2011, titled How to Respond to Rick Perry's 'Response'. In it, www.nytimes.com reports that:

TODAY, Gov. Rick Perry of Texas is scheduled to appear at Reliant Stadium in Houston for "The Response," an all-day event of Christian-centered prayer and fasting intended, as Mr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nytimes.com.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1 Aug 7, 2011
I hold the same opinion as the writer of this piece. Politicians and other seem to hold up God as if they own Him and not the other way around.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#2 Aug 7, 2011
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
I hold the same opinion as the writer of this piece. Politicians and other seem to hold up God as if they own Him and not the other way around.
How can you agree with author Paul Horwitz when he never even said that Perry, or anyone else, "owned" God.

"If religion can't be forbidden in our public debates, even for elected officials, neither should it be immune from public criticism. And in the case of Mr. Perry and 'The Response,' there are good reasons to be critical."

Horwitz also wrote that, "... elected officials, like other citizens, are free to have and express religious views. And voters are entitled to support or reject public officials for all kinds of reasons, including their religious views."

Did you even bother to read this short op-ed piece?
Yes

Ava, MO

#3 Aug 7, 2011
Because shear ignorance is when it is pointed out with the Word of the Lord and yet they continue in the ignorance.

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#4 Aug 7, 2011
There were plenty of good 'Christian' people that had no problem owning slaves. They had very powerful political and economic views on the subject and brought their views into the political area. It was not only Biblically approved but, Christ Jesus Himself never denounced it. We fought our bloodiest war to defeat that viewpoint.

Who would argue that based on those two facts that slavery should be allowed to exist?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fasting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Orthodox rabbi to host - alternative Yom Kippur... Sep '17 USS LIBERTY 1
News High or low blood sugar? You need to know. (Jan '13) Sep '17 Sally 4
News Church Joins Federal Lawsuit Aug '17 Listen to the Word 1
News Church accused of offering to 'cure homosexuali... Aug '17 Gremlin 6
News Message of peace to Islam's detractors on the o... Jun '17 And burn your Koran 1
News What I did in Ramadan Jun '17 Ra_Ra 2
News How to deal with hot weather while working (Jun '17) Jun '17 andet1987 14
More from around the web