Hunger strike ends, fasting begins. Worship in public school controversy enters new stage on Sunday.

There are 5 comments on the NYCReligion.info story from Jan 28, 2012, titled Hunger strike ends, fasting begins. Worship in public school controversy enters new stage on Sunday.. In it, NYCReligion.info reports that:

Last Sunday, Pastor Dimas Salaberrios of Infinity New York Church in The Bronx ended a 24-day hunger strike-with tuna salad.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NYCReligion.info.

Sheik Yerbouti

Pennington, NJ

#1 Feb 1, 2012
Send these fundietards packing! religion has no place in taxpayer supported institutions!
Raydot

California City, CA

#2 Feb 10, 2012
I believe in a family size Pizza, a good lookin women and some California Skunk, along with a 12 pack of Budwieser at Lake Mead, Nevada. Oh and some sounds. It is summer time isn't it?

“Slightly below above-average”

Since: Jul 10

arguably garrulous

#3 Feb 10, 2012
Who ends a hunger strike with tuna salad?

Gimme some grilled roast beef, cheddar cheese, sauteed onions, some crispy bacon and an unhealthy slathering of mayo. All on a nice big hero.

Okay, I'll have some large fries and a diet pepsi too.

“You better be nice to me...”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#4 Feb 10, 2012
HangUpAndDrive wrote:
Who ends a hunger strike with tuna salad?
Gimme some grilled roast beef, cheddar cheese, sauteed onions, some crispy bacon and an unhealthy slathering of mayo. All on a nice big hero.
Okay, I'll have some large fries and a diet pepsi too.
I could go for a nice BLT right about now.
teo

Bronx, NY

#5 Feb 12, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Send these fundietards packing! religion has no place in taxpayer supported institutions!
Let me guess, you are one of those people who thinks government should do nothing beneficial for the people. Taking care of the poor and elderly, protecting the environment, educating our children, protecting consumers and stabilizing our currency are all wastes of tax payer dollars. I guess you think everybody should be forced to fend for themselves.

Why shouldn't government contribute to the spiritual enrichment of its citizens when it does all of the aforementioned things? And while you consider that question, ask yourself where you would be in life if it weren't for government?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fasting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Get to know your Muslim neighbors at QC Islamic... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 3
News Start Fasting to Stop Gay Marriage Apr 17 Emily Latella 4
News President Henry B. Eyring: 'Is Not This the Fas... Apr 5 see the light 1
News New three-story mosque in Rowland Heights opens... (Jul '13) Jan '15 Ornery 2
News Ramadan: Reflections from an American Muslim teen (Oct '09) Jan '15 Pope Pius V 11
News The Struggle for the Soul of Islam Dec '14 PeteWaldo 4
News Continue reading a ' Dec '14 cash 1
More from around the web