British researchers say starvation ca...

British researchers say starvation can 'cure' Type 2 diabetes

There are 5 comments on the www.mercurynews.com story from Jun 27, 2011, titled British researchers say starvation can 'cure' Type 2 diabetes. In it, www.mercurynews.com reports that:

British researchers have developed what they say is a "cure" for Type 2 diabetes, the most common form of the disease.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.mercurynews.com.

true

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jun 27, 2011
Its called fasting and unfortunatly type 2 is uasually a wieght issue
WOODCHUCK

North Port, FL

#2 Jun 27, 2011
Its Called the "AUSCHWITZ" diet...the Cure will kill ya!.....Skinny people can suffer this also...also little children...yes Overweight is a big factor...

This is why this big campaign from DC,about regulating what we eat...its not that they really care,but rather this FAT thing can BANKRUPT OBAMA care...It may be if yer to FAT,The DEATH PANELS being considered will REJECT YOU!...Unless you STARVE YER SELF!

"THERE ARE NO FAT SKELETONS IN THE GRAVEYARDS"
sailor310

Augusta, GA

#3 Jun 27, 2011
Death is a sure fire cure for everything alright
Diabetes Doc

Puyallup, WA

#4 Jun 28, 2011
Maybe this is related to how gastric bypass can seem to cure diabetes in many people. Meds are certainly more challenging to use. See this article for details. http://drpullen.com/howtotreatdiabetes/
I want a cure NOW

Littleton, CO

#5 Jul 1, 2011
Diabetes Doc wrote:
Maybe this is related to how gastric bypass can seem to cure diabetes in many people. Meds are certainly more challenging to use. See this article for details. http://drpullen.com/howtotreatdiabetes/
I'm considering this 600 calorie a day diet. I've also looked into the study out of Weill-Cornell in NY for gastric by-pass to cure Type II. I have spoken to Maureen Morrison over there and I would qualify for the trial, except I live in Colorado and there is no trial taking place here. The way Dr. Morrison explained it to me, the subsequent cure after gastric by-pass can take place as little as days or weeks after the surgery and may not be actually related to the weight loss itself, but more related to the re-structuring of the anatomy and a change in hormonal levels. Interesting results, I think.

I can't qualify for insurance coverage for gastric by-pass due to a lower BMI than is usually indicated. However, I do suffer from gastroparesis and have heard that gastric bypass surgery is an accepted treatment for gastroparesis. I'm wondering if I should commence a battle with my insurance company to pay for the gastric bypass as treatment for the gastroparesis or I should starve myself for the next 8 weeks (under dr. supervision of course)! I've lost about 15 lbs recently just from repeated bouts of gastroparesis and I'm feeling pretty crappy because I'm losing my meds in the process of the vomiting due to that condition. I've tried to eat smaller meals, but it's not helping much. I gauge my stomach emptying by using black licorice to monitor my BMs. I've been a diabetic for 21 years (onset after serious trauma from a car accident and subsequent weight gain due to the drastic change in my activity level - I had 4 surgeries of my knees) I just want to be done with it!!!

Any suggestions?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fasting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Church accused of offering to 'cure homosexuali... Aug 17 Gremlin 6
News Message of peace to Islam's detractors on the o... Jun '17 And burn your Koran 1
News What I did in Ramadan Jun '17 Ra_Ra 2
News How to deal with hot weather while working Jun '17 andet1987 14
News Islampray 670x305 Jun '17 Simran68 2
News Arctic Muslims don't make light of extreme Rama... Jun '17 yehoshooah adam 3
News Tamaqua churches gather for Day of... May '17 Yard Ape 6
More from around the web