Muslim Stamp Reissued at New Rate

Muslim Stamp Reissued at New Rate

There are 5 comments on the The Associated Press story from Sep 28, 2007, titled Muslim Stamp Reissued at New Rate . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

The Eid stamp commemorating Muslim holy days was reissued Friday, the Postal Service said.

The stamp, first issued in 2001, was released at the new 41-cent first class rate that took effect in May.

The stamp observes the two most important festivals in the Islamic calendar: Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha.

Eid al-Fitr marks the end of fasting during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, while Eid al-Adha follows about two months later at the end of the annual period of pilgrimage to the holy city of Mecca. The dates vary from year to year. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

flora

Detroit, MI

#1 Oct 2, 2007
WHY????
ADI

Woodbridge, VA

#2 Oct 7, 2007
Why Not????
David A Bradley

United States

#3 Oct 14, 2007
How dare you honor a religion that feels that our land, religons, and overall way of life as evil and wrong? How dare you forget the thousands and thousands that have died to protect US from that religion??? The USPS is a service of and for the AMERICAN people and has no place depicting ANYTHING other than AMERICAN values and AMERICAN way of life. This stamp represents a group of people where the MAJORITY of them feel we are evil, and damned
As a multi race 15+ generation citizen of the USA, as someone who pays taxes and as someone who supports this country with political preferences aside, i say HOW DARE YOU???
David A. Bradley
Placentia, CA
Ima merican

Wake Forest, NC

#4 Nov 6, 2007
How dare you David A. Bradley. Apparently you are utilizing your right to freedom of speech, but not allowing others to utilize their right to freedom of religion. This is unamerican. America was founded on these basic rights. You should be ashamed of yourself. Perpetuating hate is not the answer. We were not attacked by the Muslim people and are not being protected from the Muslim religion. Get your facts straight. We were attacked by extremists, radicals, of the Muslim religion, yet so called "Americans" blame all Muslims. I am christian and know some Muslims and they are hard working people who take care of their families. Maybe you should find a Muslim (there are over 7 million of Muslims in the United States) and get to know them. They are no different than you. Having 15+ generations of Americans before you does not mean that you understand what it is to be an American. Stop acting as if you are a true American. Read the constitution. Learn what an American is and practice being one.
Carlos

Union City, CA

#5 Oct 22, 2013
Excuse me?!! but our president is Obama. Thia is America, land of the takeover.
David A Bradley wrote:
How dare you honor a religion that feels that our land, religons, and overall way of life as evil and wrong? How dare you forget the thousands and thousands that have died to protect US from that religion??? The USPS is a service of and for the AMERICAN people and has no place depicting ANYTHING other than AMERICAN values and AMERICAN way of life. This stamp represents a group of people where the MAJORITY of them feel we are evil, and damned
As a multi race 15+ generation citizen of the USA, as someone who pays taxes and as someone who supports this country with political preferences aside, i say HOW DARE YOU???
David A. Bradley
Placentia, CA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fasting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Lowdown on High Triglycerides (Jun '06) May 7 Dan 13
News Tamaqua churches gather for Day of... May 7 Yard Ape 6
News Students look to pressure Wendy's contract with... Mar '17 Ice Man 1
News Islamic leaders ask for student concessions dur... Feb '17 Tom Brady 1
News More than 100 turn out to meet Muslim neighbors... (Aug '16) Nov '16 FinalWord 5
News Spices and diabetes: Urgent need for more human... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Josef Mitchell 1
News Blood test could predict pregnancy complication... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web