Why We Must Take 'Dominionists' Seriously

Sep 7, 2011 Full story: blog.au.org 28

Religious Right groups are fond of talking about “worldviews.” They imply that worldviews are in conflict, and they are right to a certain extent. The Religious Right has a worldview anchored in the 13th century when church and state were one. Activists in this movement continue to be at war with religious diversity, secular government, church-state separation, religious freedom, intellectual thought and much of modern life.

Many other Americans hold to a different worldview – one based on tolerance, religious pluralism, individual rights and the idea that our laws should not be based on religion. These two ways of looking at the world are definitely in conflict, a conflict that, in America, is increasingly reflected in the political arena.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#21 Sep 10, 2011
Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
to put it another way throw All Christians Jews and Moslems in togather and see if they can create that heaven on earth they claim to want for everyone or will it be closer to a Hell. A grand Social experment. <quoted text>
If you did that you guys would be out numberd.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#22 Sep 13, 2011
Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
to put it another way throw All Christians Jews and Moslems in togather and see if they can create that heaven on earth they claim to want for everyone or will it be closer to a Hell. A grand Social experment. <quoted text>
If the Middle East, past and present, is any indication, then can we already conclude that it's a failed Grand Social Experiment?

“ ...just hangin' around ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#23 Sep 13, 2011
"You got Me on that One"
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Middle East, past and present, is any indication, then can we already conclude that it's a failed Grand Social Experiment?

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

United States

#24 Sep 13, 2011
We already have that grand social experiment cooking in most developed nations, a collection of cauldrons that contain all of the basic ideological groups. What keeps those cauldrons from boiling over are laws that provide for serious consequences for violent behavior. Those laws don't require us to agree with each other, but they forbid us from injuring our adversaries. When dialogues cannot devolve into violence, they must needs evolve into working relationships. Eventually, that could indeed lead to peaceful societies in which one of my basic precepts gains near universal acceptance:

There is no such thing as a violent solution: by its very nature, violence only creates new problems.
Stop The DREAM Act

Paramount, CA

#25 Sep 13, 2011
My god!!!!!!! The 45th Governor of Florida Rick Scott is out of his mind trying to intimidate / harass me!: http://www.topix.com/forum/state/tx/T78GU6BQ4...

“ ...just hangin' around ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#26 Sep 13, 2011
I agree, How often I've propounded those same sentiments!
NightSerf wrote:
We already have that grand social experiment cooking in most developed nations, a collection of cauldrons that contain all of the basic ideological groups. What keeps those cauldrons from boiling over are laws that provide for serious consequences for violent behavior. Those laws don't require us to agree with each other, but they forbid us from injuring our adversaries. When dialogues cannot devolve into violence, they must needs evolve into working relationships. Eventually, that could indeed lead to peaceful societies in which one of my basic precepts gains near universal acceptance:
There is no such thing as a violent solution: by its very nature, violence only creates new problems.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#27 Sep 14, 2011
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>The child is in hell. The child cried out for this god to intervene, the child begged, the child bargained, and the monster only enjoyed his toy, the more. The toys plea's enhanced the all too brief time, that the game lasted. In it's final moments the child cursed the non responsive god.

In heaven this former perp, will sit with our topix Christains, and together they will enjoy the view into hell. Their reward for so diligently, spreading the gospel is an unhindered view of all of us in hell.

Imagine the delight of this saved perp as he again relives the thrills that he experienced during that child's final moments. And now, of listening for an eternity, to the cries of this same child. A deserved heaven indeed, a gift from a righteous god, to his most faithful children.
Very interesting perspective. I would not have thought of that scenario, but it is spot on.
Stop The DREAM Act

Compton, CA

#28 Sep 16, 2011
The only ones that are not members of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) are Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich and Maurice Gravel! Rick Perry supporters! Do you want them to be our president or do you want our country to collapse and die by picking Rick Perry as president! Your choice Texans!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fasting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dinner, Yes---But No Food, Please Sep 27 Obama Bad 4
Toronto restaurant violated Muslim men's human ... (Dec '13) Aug '14 Naturally Wired 9
Eid 2014: Facts and History on the Islamic Fest... Jul '14 Kareem O Wheat 10
Call on Islam Jul '14 Kareem O Wheat 2
Holy month of Ramadan is a big boon for retailers Jul '14 Marie-Luise_J 1
Obama Hosts Ramadan Dinner Propaganda Fest Jul '14 Jinn n Co 1
Instead of making them fast, teach kids to feel... Jul '14 Lusty Mohammad 29

Fasting People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE