Why We Must Take 'Dominionists' Serio...

Why We Must Take 'Dominionists' Seriously

There are 28 comments on the blog.au.org story from Sep 7, 2011, titled Why We Must Take 'Dominionists' Seriously. In it, blog.au.org reports that:

Religious Right groups are fond of talking about “worldviews.” They imply that worldviews are in conflict, and they are right to a certain extent. The Religious Right has a worldview anchored in the 13th century when church and state were one. Activists in this movement continue to be at war with religious diversity, secular government, church-state separation, religious freedom, intellectual thought and much of modern life.

Many other Americans hold to a different worldview – one based on tolerance, religious pluralism, individual rights and the idea that our laws should not be based on religion. These two ways of looking at the world are definitely in conflict, a conflict that, in America, is increasingly reflected in the political arena.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at blog.au.org.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#1 Sep 7, 2011
from the article >>>>>>Letís clarify a couple of things here. No one is seriously arguing that all evangelicals are dominionists who yearn to take over the world. That is a classic straw-man argument, and itís easy to blow down. Nor are we arguing that dominionists are going to seize power next week and send your uncle to the gulag because heís a Unitarian.

My response >>> Yeah we get it, this month it is the atheist going to the gulag, the Unitarians are on next months agenda, with the Catholics.

Cpt Jack Sparrow

“.strike yer colors swab ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2 Sep 8, 2011
based first hand testimony fundies do claim to have dominion right but they curently lack the power to back it up. I was once threatened that one day I'd find myself in front of a spirit filled judge and a bible believing jury. I guess the next stop would have been the gulag if they had one! I don't think they aim to play nice if they attain power. there was a plan back when Pat robertson ran for president to purge the country. Robertson ran TV ads stating that "Paganism was responsible for natural didasters occuring at that time and unless America did something it was going to get worse. they advokated torture as "enhanced Interrogation" for Muslims recently. they oppose a so called "One world government" while planning to set up one of thier own. they have thier own interpitation of the constitution It's clear they aren't up to anything good
Reason Personified wrote:
from the article >>>>>>Letís clarify a couple of things here. No one is seriously arguing that all evangelicals are dominionists who yearn to take over the world. That is a classic straw-man argument, and itís easy to blow down. Nor are we arguing that dominionists are going to seize power next week and send your uncle to the gulag because heís a Unitarian.
My response >>> Yeah we get it, this month it is the atheist going to the gulag, the Unitarians are on next months agenda, with the Catholics.

Cpt Jack Sparrow

Location hidden

#3 Sep 8, 2011
Not only must they be taken seriously but they must be prevented from eroding the freedoms and social progress We've made. The idea to "Dominate" means to control absolutely leaving no room for opposing veiw points. a fundimentalist controlled country would be a living nightmare like Nazi Germany.
Richard

Merrylands, Australia

#4 Sep 9, 2011
Here's a thought, fence off the middle of Australia (which is all desert anyway) and stick all the Dominionists, Islamic fundamentalists and any other fundamentalist we can think of and let them fight it out.
That way they can kill themselves off and leave the rest of us in peace.
Epicurus

Apopka, FL

#5 Sep 9, 2011
Richard wrote:
Here's a thought, fence off the middle of Australia (which is all desert anyway) and stick all the Dominionists, Islamic fundamentalists and any other fundamentalist we can think of and let them fight it out.
That way they can kill themselves off and leave the rest of us in peace.
The BIG THREE originated in the desert and should love central Australia! A great exodus should begin! We could televise the results of all three enjoying the love they have consistently shown for each other since they began.

Jerusalam, a longtime source of agony, should be razed to the ground. End all of the religious strife over this scrap of sand drenched in mythology and sordid bloody history.

All stones recovered from temples, churches and mosques should be used to build a modern mega hospital and medical research center.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#6 Sep 9, 2011
Dominionists=dictatorship.

What country has had peace throughout history ruled by religion? None! The Middle East is a great example now. The RCC tortured and murdered under their rule. The RCC and the Spanish annihilated the Mayan, Incan and Aztecs. The Jews were also tortured and murdered by Christians too. Where religion rules bloodshed follows.

Separation between church and state is a must. I believe freedom of religion and freedom from religion.
Richard

Merrylands, Australia

#7 Sep 9, 2011
Epicurus wrote:
<quoted text>
The BIG THREE originated in the desert and should love central Australia! A great exodus should begin! We could televise the results of all three enjoying the love they have consistently shown for each other since they began.
Jerusalam, a longtime source of agony, should be razed to the ground. End all of the religious strife over this scrap of sand drenched in mythology and sordid bloody history.
All stones recovered from temples, churches and mosques should be used to build a modern mega hospital and medical research center.
I have often thought it would be a good idea to drop a 53Mega ton H bomb on Jerusalem and then let them argue over the glass blow left.
Jumper

Morgantown, KY

#8 Sep 9, 2011
I belive you guys are a bunch of categorizing fruit cakes.
Richard

Merrylands, Australia

#9 Sep 10, 2011
Jumper wrote:
May I refer you to the thread:-
Jumper is ( fill in)

and you still can not spell.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#10 Sep 10, 2011
A Christian Plot for Domination?

Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry aren't just devoutóboth have deep ties to a fringe fundamentalist movement known as Dominionism, which says Christians should rule the world.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/08...
Jumper

Morgantown, KY

#11 Sep 10, 2011
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>
Jumper is ( fill in)
'Oh go hop a rue!
Epicurus

Apopka, FL

#12 Sep 10, 2011
Jumper wrote:
Thou art correct!

Atheists continue to find categorizing religious fruit cakes entertaining. So many nutbars, so little time , so much HUMOUR!

For me it is a true window into the very malleable minds of the faithful.

We know Religion is a myth, you must suspect it yourself or you would not be reading content found in atheist forums.

Then again you could be so profoundly brainwashed you actually think your silly superstitions will have one iota of import to any atheist. Praying, albeit in vain, that you will convert just one!
Epicurus

Apopka, FL

#13 Sep 10, 2011
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>
Jumper is ( fill in)
Sorry mate... I could not resist this one!

(Fill In) suffers from a disease known as: Jesus Tourette syndrome

Although vocal and motor tics are the hallmark of Jesus Tourette syndrome, such other symptoms as the expression of socially inappropriate comments (INSULTS) or behaviors(HOLIER THAN THOU ATTITUDE), obsessive compulsive disorder(GODDIDIT), attention deficit disorder(DENIAL OF FACTS), self-injuring behavior(IMAGINED THREATS OF HELL), depression(FAILURE TO CONVERT), and anxiety('What if I'm worshipping the wrong Saviour?') also appear to be associated with Jesus Tourette syndrome.

Enjoy life now - It has an expiration date!
Jumper

Morgantown, KY

#14 Sep 10, 2011
Epicurus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thou art correct!
Atheists continue to find categorizing religious fruit cakes entertaining. So many nutbars, so little time , so much HUMOUR!
We know Religion is a myth, you must suspect it yourself or you would not be reading content found in atheist forums.
Then again you could be so profoundly brainwashed you actually think your silly superstitions will have one iota of import to any atheist. Praying, albeit in vain, that you will convert just one!
Before I judge a situation I want to know both sides of an issue.
Not all of you are bad folks,heck!I'd even invite you to the supper table.If nothing else for laughs.
Epicurus

Apopka, FL

#15 Sep 10, 2011
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Before I judge a situation I want to know both sides of an issue.
Not all of you are bad folks,heck!I'd even invite you to the supper table.If nothing else for laughs.
If ya fry, in bacon grease, some good ole country chcken with a large supply of greens and taters... we gotta deal!

I continue to frustrate my theist friends.
They pray... I laugh... But I still enjoy them regardless of their superstitions. And they never fail to question me and lively conversations usually follow!

And... this is something I simply cannot fathom?
Some will admit they know history is ignorant of Jesus, Mohammad and Moses. These mythical people only 'exist' in their 'holy books'.

Yet... in the face of historical FACT, they choose to remain FACT FREE! Why?

Is death really that scary? Even imagined immortality, if you dare to think of what this implies, leaves more questions than answers.

“Church of Latter Day Heathens”

Since: Feb 09

Austin, Tx

#16 Sep 10, 2011
Epicurus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thou art correct!
Very correct, I've not been swayed by beliefs by any post on thes pages.
Epicurus

Apopka, FL

#17 Sep 10, 2011
Now for a situation only godbots can answer!

A child is kidnapped, tortured and murdered.
The perp is caught, imprisoned, finds god there, and dies by execution or something else. He/She is given absolution and is now entitled to enter heaven according to the mythology. Will the child and perp become friends? Will all victims tortured then love their torturers?

Then consider the persons responsible for causing the death of the perp? Do they get heaven if good god fearing Xtians?

Cpt Jack Sparrow

Location hidden

#18 Sep 10, 2011
Couldn't put it better Myself!
Earth Child 1 wrote:
Dominionists=dictatorship.
What country has had peace throughout history ruled by religion? None! The Middle East is a great example now. The RCC tortured and murdered under their rule. The RCC and the Spanish annihilated the Mayan, Incan and Aztecs. The Jews were also tortured and murdered by Christians too. Where religion rules bloodshed follows.
Separation between church and state is a must. I believe freedom of religion and freedom from religion.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#19 Sep 10, 2011
Epicurus wrote:
Now for a situation only godbots can answer!
A child is kidnapped, tortured and murdered.
The perp is caught, imprisoned, finds god there, and dies by execution or something else. He/She is given absolution and is now entitled to enter heaven according to the mythology. Will the child and perp become friends? Will all victims tortured then love their torturers?
Then consider the persons responsible for causing the death of the perp? Do they get heaven if good god fearing Xtians?
The child is in hell. The child cried out for this god to intervene, the child begged, the child bargained, and the monster only enjoyed his toy, the more. The toys plea's enhanced the all too brief time, that the game lasted. In it's final moments the child cursed the non responsive god.

In heaven this former perp, will sit with our topix Christains, and together they will enjoy the view into hell. Their reward for so diligently, spreading the gospel is an unhindered view of all of us in hell.

Imagine the delight of this saved perp as he again relives the thrills that he experienced during that child's final moments. And now, of listening for an eternity, to the cries of this same child. A deserved heaven indeed, a gift from a righteous god, to his most faithful children.

Cpt Jack Sparrow

Location hidden

#20 Sep 10, 2011
to put it another way throw All Christians Jews and Moslems in togather and see if they can create that heaven on earth they claim to want for everyone or will it be closer to a Hell. A grand Social experment.
Jumper wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fasting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Church accused of offering to 'cure homosexuali... 10 hr Gremlin 6
News Message of peace to Islam's detractors on the o... Jun '17 And burn your Koran 1
News What I did in Ramadan Jun '17 Ra_Ra 2
News How to deal with hot weather while working Jun '17 andet1987 14
News Islampray 670x305 Jun '17 Simran68 2
News Arctic Muslims don't make light of extreme Rama... Jun '17 yehoshooah adam 3
News Tamaqua churches gather for Day of... May '17 Yard Ape 6
More from around the web