Petty bickering on school board

Petty bickering on school board

There are 32 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Mar 2, 2009, titled Petty bickering on school board. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Hiawatha Powell shares the name of a legendary Indian chief said to be a great statesman and peacemaker.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Phoenix

York, PA

#21 Mar 5, 2009
Hiawatha must have been studying councilman Texter's behavior for years before opening his mouth at the school board meeting.

Hiawatha's behavior was mean spirited.

The YDR needs to get a copy of Robert's Rules of Orders and they will discover they are wrong about Hiawatha being permitted to vote via phone. If he was permitted to do that for all the rest of the board knows the voter could have been anyone. It happens in congress and in the state legislature far more often than people know.
Full of Crap

Valrico, FL

#22 Mar 5, 2009
Phoenix wrote:
Hiawatha must have been studying councilman Texter's behavior for years before opening his mouth at the school board meeting.
Hiawatha's behavior was mean spirited.
The YDR needs to get a copy of Robert's Rules of Orders and they will discover they are wrong about Hiawatha being permitted to vote via phone. If he was permitted to do that for all the rest of the board knows the voter could have been anyone. It happens in congress and in the state legislature far more often than people know.
Yea, that's why they drug Teddy out of his death bed and took him to Washington.....
Roberts Screwls

Annapolis, MD

#23 Mar 5, 2009
Phoenix wrote:
The YDR needs to get a copy of Robert's Rules of Orders and they will discover they are wrong about Hiawatha being permitted to vote via phone. If he was permitted to do that for all the rest of the board knows the voter could have been anyone. It happens in congress and in the state legislature far more often than people know.
Hate to break it to you, but Robert's Rules are not necessarily the last word on the matter. Organizations may choose to reference RR in their by-laws, or they may adopt other rules of procedure. I know of some enlightened organizations that have written into their incorporation documents provisions for participation in meetings and voting by telephone, fax, and other digital media.
not impossible

Dover, PA

#24 Mar 6, 2009
Hiawatha did not cause Tom's illness. Probably he smoked, So to all judgmental people, Don't get mad at Hiawatha.
nosferatu

Reinholds, PA

#25 Mar 6, 2009
not impossible wrote:
Hiawatha did not cause Tom's illness. Probably he smoked, So to all judgmental people, Don't get mad at Hiawatha.
"Probably he smoked..."? Kinda judgemental on your part, eh? But I guess in your world, it's ok for smoker's to get cancer.

Hiawatha is an idiot.
nosferatu

Reinholds, PA

#26 Mar 6, 2009
Wow wrote:
Hiawatha Powell was a "special needs" child while he was a student in York City Schools. Retarded then - moron now. This job is the pinnacle of his otherwise meaningless life and he knows it.
It continually amazes me that someone would actually put this idiot in a responsible position.
nosferatu

Reinholds, PA

#27 Mar 6, 2009
Wow wrote:
Hiawatha Powell was a "special needs" child while he was a student in York City Schools. Retarded then - moron now. This job is the pinnacle of his otherwise meaningless life and he knows it.
So, he rode the short pony instead of the short bus?
Semi-literate

United States

#29 Mar 7, 2009
nosferatu wrote:
<quoted text>
It continually amazes me that someone would actually put this idiot in a responsible position.
Check out the movie, "Being There," with Peter Sellers and Shirley McClain. It explains a lot about our political system. It is an absolute classic social commentary.
notacop

Camp Hill, PA

#30 Mar 8, 2009
Semi-literate wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out the movie, "Being There," with Peter Sellers and Shirley McClain. It explains a lot about our political system. It is an absolute classic social commentary.
Wow! Theres a way to put a perspective on things real in life, watch a Shirly McClain movie! I bet that is fueled with facts one can use to present an argument about a board situation in York. What a stupid way to live life semi-literate.
Semi-literate

United States

#31 Mar 8, 2009
notacop wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Theres a way to put a perspective on things real in life, watch a Shirly McClain movie! I bet that is fueled with facts one can use to present an argument about a board situation in York. What a stupid way to live life semi-literate.
Gee, a No Mo' sock puppet! Ya' still gotta work on that spelling!
notacop

Camp Hill, PA

#32 Mar 8, 2009
Semi-literate wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, a No Mo' sock puppet! Ya' still gotta work on that spelling!
What????
from a guy he ripped off

Indianapolis, IN

#33 May 15, 2009
Phoenix wrote:
Hiawatha must have been studying councilman Texter's behavior for years before opening his mouth at the school board meeting.
Hiawatha's behavior was mean spirited.
The YDR needs to get a copy of Robert's Rules of Orders and they will discover they are wrong about Hiawatha being permitted to vote via phone. If he was permitted to do that for all the rest of the board knows the voter could have been anyone. It happens in congress and in the state legislature far more often than people know.
He lives in herndon, virginia where his wife got transferred. He was not comming from Washington like he said. I'v worked with him for a year just to have him rip me off in the end. I know alot about him and how he works. He's lazy. He also thinks he's god because he worked on the schoolboard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Esophageal Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
doctors urge halt on viagra production (Mar '16) Apr '16 Dixon 4
generic viagra over branded viagra: the choice ... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Decker 1
News Honoring her legacy: Educator follows her mothe... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Sam the man 1
News Celine Dion's Husband Was 'Class Personified': ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Philip Pineault E... 1
News Risky decisions for cancer care patients in Canada (Dec '15) Dec '15 weird but it works 1
News Raising awareness of mouth and throat cancer in... (May '15) May '15 Zaius 11
News Increase in throat and anal cancers tied to hum... (Jul '14) Nov '14 Jan 4
More from around the web