Michael Douglas: Michael Douglas Battling Stage 4 Throat Cancer

Douglas says his doctors tell him his chances for survival are 80%. Watch Dave Malkoff's report KTLA News 2:07 AM EDT, September 2, 2010 Michael Douglas with wife Catherine Zeta-Jones LOS ANGELES -- Oscar winning actor Michael Douglas has revealed he is battling stage four throat cancer, but says his doctors give him an 80% chance of survival. Full Story
Pete

Lancaster, CA

#1 Oct 4, 2010
Michael smoked. I too quit cigarettes years ago, but took up smoking cigars and quit those 5 years ago as well. I was not aware that I had stage 4 lung cancer when it was found that I had a very small tumor in my upper right lung. I had a workplace shoulder injury and an MRI revealed the tumor. I have gone through 14 months of radiation and chemotherapy. My oncologist is very good and I believe I will beat this. I pray that Michael will also make measurable progress and beat this as well. Cancer is hard on your mate and family. You realize what is taken for granted is no longer the case. Enjoy life and remain positive.

“PLANET EARTH”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 4, 2010
Pete wrote:
Michael smoked. I too quit cigarettes years ago, but took up smoking cigars and quit those 5 years ago as well. I was not aware that I had stage 4 lung cancer when it was found that I had a very small tumor in my upper right lung. I had a workplace shoulder injury and an MRI revealed the tumor. I have gone through 14 months of radiation and chemotherapy. My oncologist is very good and I believe I will beat this. I pray that Michael will also make measurable progress and beat this as well. Cancer is hard on your mate and family. You realize what is taken for granted is no longer the case. Enjoy life and remain positive.
Pete
You are in my prayers and God Bless you.
You're right, nothing in life should be taken for granted.
We always find that out when a crisis happens and reality hits home.
You're a brave and positive person and you WILL beat it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Esophageal Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Increase in throat and anal cancers tied to hum... Nov '14 Jan 4
Ryuichi Sakamoto Diagnosed With Throat Cancer Jul '14 lots going on 1
JPMorgan CEO to get treatment for throat cancer Jul '14 Edward J Cejka 2
Smoking and drinking doubles risks for esophage... (Apr '14) Apr '14 A HOLE IN YOUR TH... 2
Robotic surgery vs. radiation, chemo for throat... (Apr '13) Nov '13 David Pendarvis 2
Michael Douglas blames oral sex for throat cancer (Jun '13) Oct '13 farm tractors 13
Singing the blues, feeling the faith (Aug '10) Sep '13 Brian 4
More from around the web