Eczema and College
Sylvie

Albany, NY

#1 Aug 4, 2011
Hi everyone! I'm 18, and I've been dealing with lots of eczema all my life, but especially the past 8 months. I've used steroids, but they seem to have stopped working, and I don't want to keep using them what with all the negative side effects. My eczema is on my face, neck, shoulders, arms, stomach, and legs. It oozes and is constantly red and itchy. It also gets worse during times of stress. The thing is, I'm supposed to start my first year of college in a month. I don't want to go like this and live in a dorm (I have lots of dust/mold allergies, too) and meet new people feeling kind of diseased. I was thinking about taking a year off and trying to heal some of this up. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A mom that is at her wits end.... Toddler with ... Aug 5 Ambam2010 1
Evening primrose plus flax seed oil supplements... (Jan '10) Jul '17 2234yaya 29
Help-new May '17 Julie 1
My eczema was cured- A story from a 14 year old... (Jun '06) May '17 Justmeinak 266
I give up (Jan '09) Apr '17 Kat 16
i have extremely severe eczema EVERYWHERE (Dec '06) Apr '17 Kat 194
Is there a cure for eczema? (Mar '12) Apr '17 Theyna313 42
More from around the web