Eczema, Eyes, Arms, Wrists, Legs, Neck.

Eczema, Eyes, Arms, Wrists, Legs, Neck.

Posted in the Eczema Forum

Jonathan

Milton, Canada

#1 Oct 8, 2012
I am actually grateful that I was able to find a website like this and know that I am not alone.
I am currently 19 years old and in my second year of College. I have been suffering from Eczema as long as I can remember, even back to when I was about 3 years old.
I took my first visit to a dermatologist last year of April, she had prescribed me Protopic and Elidel, when I had first used Elidel it seemed to work fine but then over time I realized my skin began to darken so I stopped using it. As for Protopic I did not really use it a lot due to the fact of a burning sensation which increased my urge to scratch the area where it was applied. A couple months later I had stopped using both products and began searching up natural ways to fight against this skin disease.
To present time, the eczema had moved up to my Neck and Face, as well as my wrists. The inside of my elbows have subsided in terms of itchiness but has now left dark brown skin, it is to the fact that I am ashamed to wear short sleeves in public so I always wear longsleeves regardless of the weather. Overtime my neck will dry up and become flakey and when I am in the shower I will be able to rub off the dead skin and after applying lotion it will feel smooth. This is like an on going cycle, sometimes I think I'm part snake(just kidding).
Right now my eye lids, underneath my eyes, my jaw bone, and left temple has been the most recent areas that have been effected. As I write this I can barely open my eyes due to my skin, and my eyebrows have suffered and unable to grow back. Especially when I first wake up it is very difficult to even open my eyes fully, leaving me to squint.
I am going to see an allergist this Thursday for my first time, to see what triggers any itch due to a reaction of any product. I am also scheduled to see my dermatologist in November.
If anyone has input on how I can counter this condition feel free to leave a comment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eczema and birth control (Mar '12) Aug 21 Susan 13
How else can I treat my horrid eczema? (Jun '15) Aug 19 markeds 12
Ear Eczema HELP! (Dec '09) Aug 17 kevin538 86
eczema on both hands (Jul '15) Aug 7 markeds 9
i have extremely severe eczema EVERYWHERE (Dec '06) Jul 27 markeds 192
Eczema full body (Nov '15) Jul 25 suzy1802 8
real help for childrens eczema Jul '16 markeds 2
More from around the web