My Eczema Story
Tom

Bonbeach, Australia

#1 Aug 4, 2013
My illness started with dark circles around my eyes I hadn't seen before, I felt a lot different from that moment but had no explanation for why this had happened, soon after I bought a new TV, an lcd tv (I've never had an lcd tv), I found soon after buying this that I was getting eye strain and very dry eyes, it was generally at its worst while looking at screens like my phone or the tv for instance , this went on for months on and off and I finally bought some eye drops, I know I should've gone to the doctor but I stupidity researched online and came to the conclusion that it was dry eye and as such had no cure, three or so months after this started it calmed down and I didn't experience it as much although my eyes were still always dry. I began developing IBS symptoms, mainly an ill like feeling in my stomach as well as constipation, often I would feel like I wasn't emptying my bowels properly and I noticed it most when I was drinking alcohol. Not long after this I began to get small eczema patches on my face, it wasn't much and came and went a couple of times before coming back in full force and since becoming infected which I'm now on antibiotics for, it's led me to feel like I can't leave the house because of embarrassment and anxiety. I recently bought a computer (with an lcd screen also) and experienced dizziness, more ibs symptoms and also increased eczema itched while using it which has finally led me to believe their is a connection somewhere and it's not just me being paranoid.
This connection is backed up by where I work, a supermarket in which we have very bright lights and I've felt sick during the majority of shifts in the last 6 months. My work is also very dusty and I notice my hands looking extremely dry throughout the shift with these symptoms getting better once I leave the building. The antibiotics I am using for my eczema infection has so far had minimal effect at best and as such Im trying to find the root cause of why I have been feeling so off for so long. I'd really appreciate some theories on this, thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
eczema on groin area help needed! (Sep '06) Nov 23 Guillermo Miquel 57
Herbal remedies that healed my eczema (Mar '15) Nov 20 precious21 2
Eczema here, there and everywhere! (Aug '10) Nov 18 ruth 23
Fast Cure for Serious Eczema (Dec '08) Nov 17 ccjj111986 35
Eczema treatment plan: Very effective (Jan '07) Nov '16 HEALER 70
How long does the shot last? (May '09) Nov '16 cwm13 46
Managing children's eczema Nov '16 Ines 1
More from around the web