Jenny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2007

I have had eczema since I was a baby. I'm now 24 years old. It was somewhat under control until last summer. I went swimming and applied tons of SPF 45 sunscreen, and so did all of my friends. Well, I guess the sunscreen was cheap or something, because we ALL got terrible sunburns.

I didn't have any visible flare ups before I went swimming..but after the sunburn was gone, I was left with small patches that were lighter than my skin all along my arms, a little on my legs, and a few on my lower back..just where the sunburn was bad. It wasn't bad at first, then they got itchy..just on those lighter patches. And now I have red, scaly, itchy eczema patches everywhere the lighter areas were. I have used over the counter hydrocortisone and gold bond lotions and it has gotten better. They are still mostly red, but I can tell that these patches are still lighter than the rest of my skin...and I'm not a really tan person lol.

I know that I am going to need to get some prescription strength meds to get the rashes to go away completely (I don't currently have insurance and my eczema is always worse during the winter anyways).

Can anyone tell me if they have skin lightening problems too? Is it lighter because I had the eczema on my skin but didn't see it and the sunburn brought it out? If I clear up the eczema, are those places ever going to go back to normal?

I'm really upset that I may have huge white patches on my arms and legs for forever..
cjb

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

same exact thing but on my back and che

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Eczema Forum right now

Search the Eczema Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The ocean did WONDERS for sons eczema!!! (Aug '08) Jul 10 Monica 37
My eczema was cured- A story from a 14 year old... (Jun '06) Jul 8 springleaf 227
how i cured my eczema Jul 8 amandala 1
severe eczema...sorry this is sooo long!! (Jul '06) Jul 6 Bruce 44
Is there a cure for eczema? (Mar '12) Jul 6 Bruce 25
Ear Eczema HELP! (Dec '09) Jul 3 Beth 72
insect bites and eczema (Sep '07) Jun 24 Laura 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••