First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pepmintpatty

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Jul 26, 2013
yes I have found that evening primrose oil really does work I haven't taken it in such high dosages however I would pop the capsules and apply to my skin and I found that it really really really work also I find that neem oil works I found it at my local I health food shop and I saw a bottle of neem oil and I decided to try so what I did was put it in a bottle and I use it when I'm showering as a shower moistureizer. so I'll take my shower and then apply the neem oil and then rinse off I found that it made the skin very supple,so for this exam of all my childhood however I've never had an outbreak such is what I've had this year and I found that increasing my water intake as well as even and prime rose oil and flaxseed with borage oilreally works well thank you for the post and I hope all is well
Viviane

Buford, GA

#22 Aug 14, 2013
HI, my son has bd eczema, I tried everything I hear about it. The one that seems to heal the skin natutarlly is called Egyptian Magic which is all natural ingredients from the bee...also Flaxseed oil and Culturelle probiotic to help with immune system...God Bless all the sufferes!
Katy

London, UK

#23 Sep 7, 2013
Allison wrote:
I also just want to add that if anyone tries it to make sure to give it a few weeks to take effect. I've read a bunch of stories online and it always takes awhile to help, but it DOES help.
Can you link me to some stories? I seem to be constantly getting a dry red rash on my face. It goes away but never really disappears.
your savior

Brooklyn, NY

#24 Sep 7, 2013
everything u need to know http://coconutoileczema.com/
Sushma Aichmayr

Düsseldorf, Germany

#26 Apr 26, 2014
Turmeric has magnificent wound healing activity. Turmeric not only has antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, but also acts as a natural antihistamine. It worked wonderfully well for my son. I have blogged about it - hope it helps. www.atopicdermatitisnaturecure.blogspot.de
Emma

Melbourne, Australia

#28 May 14, 2014
verytiredmummy wrote:
Hello, I am desperate to help my 6 year old son who is covered from head to foot w eczema. He has suffered from birth and is miserable at school cos he's itchy n struggles to concentrate. Other kids are mean and it breaks my heart to see him suffer like this. He is on the highest regime available in terms of emollients and steroids. We've tried everything I can think of including excluding food groups, acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine. I cannot protect him from all the triggers he encounters particularly at school such as dust, pollens etc, which exacerbate his skin. Another mum told me the NHS used to prescribe evening primrose oil and it worked for her now grown up son. Any idea what dose would be suitable for a 6 year old? His consultant isn't that helpful. Also any other random tips gratefully received! He is allergic to egg and sesame so is on a restricted diet. He has never slept through the night cos he's so itchy and we are actually desperate for any new leads. I wet wrap him, cream him w emollients x4 daily and he uses eumovate and elocon. His consultant can only suggest prednisole, which makes him angry and aggressive.

The best time to apply the creams is after a shower, pat dry and apply it straight away that feels best, it absorbs a lot more, I shower every time I wrap because your pores open, also foods with MSG will flare it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is there a cure for eczema? (Mar '12) 1 hr Kingg 33
What Eczema Treatments Have You Tried And Found... (Sep '09) Nov 25 Redmoon 14
My eczema was cured- A story from a 14 year old... (Jun '06) Nov 25 Redmoon 240
Fast Cure for Serious Eczema (Dec '08) Nov 24 Nadia Bolders 26
Elizabeth Arden Skin Care Treatment Nov 20 Ryder 1
Ear Eczema HELP! (Dec '09) Nov 19 Saffronmay 74
New Biologics Med, Dupilumab, is working. (Nov '13) Nov 14 feti13 2

Eczema People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE