Colin

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#1 Feb 15, 2013
I have severe hand eczema/psoriasis on thumb and 2 fingers on both hands and the palm of my left hand (I am right handed). Every 2-3 weeks I get lots of lesions which are very, very painful. After a few days they go and I'm left with very red, dry and sore hands. Patch tests show I am allergic to sodium metabisulphte. This started about 4 months after I started taking nortriptyline for headaches. Could they be linked to my hand problem?
Janet

Palo Alto, CA

#2 Feb 21, 2013
Hi Colin, I'm so sorry to hear that. I've had my fair shares of eczema too. It always comes and goes. For me, it just keeps coming back every so often and it's really annoying. I can't resist the temptation of scratching myself and when I do, it gets even worse. So, I understand how you feel. My doctor prescribed me with Elocon 0.1% cream and keflex which I took to alleviate and rid of skin infections, but it doesn't treat it. It only controls it. You should go to a dermatologist and ask them about your skin conditions and what medications that you can take to control it or better yet, treat it. Also, if you do have a food allergy, or allergic to certain foods, ingredients, chemicals, make sure you don't get into contact with it because most of the time, that can be the cause of the reaction. Also, make sure that you drink a lot of water because dehydration can cause problems. Good luck, Colin.
Janet

Palo Alto, CA

#3 Feb 27, 2013
Hey Colin. Just checking back to see how you are doing with treating your excema. I don't know if it was something I ate but my arms started getting dry, itchy and red again. I found this website that really helped me out with my skin condition. You should check it out, it might help you out too! Theres hundreds of tips and information regarding skin health on this website that might help you figure out your condition. Good luck, Colin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Eczema Treatments Have You Tried And Found... (Sep '09) Tue Redmoon 14
My eczema was cured- A story from a 14 year old... (Jun '06) Tue Redmoon 240
Fast Cure for Serious Eczema (Dec '08) Mon Nadia Bolders 26
Elizabeth Arden Skin Care Treatment Nov 20 Ryder 1
Ear Eczema HELP! (Dec '09) Nov 19 Saffronmay 74
New Biologics Med, Dupilumab, is working. (Nov '13) Nov 14 feti13 2
Steroids Found In OSAS (Intensive Body Lotion W... (Mar '08) Nov 7 eva 44

Eczema People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE