Julio

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2009

my cousin has been on this for 6 months and she had recently acquired a severe case of eczema..i just saw her yesturday and her skin is so clear! i on the other hand looked like crap, 3 "did you get punched in the eye" comments cuz the area under my eye was red..well anyway..im thinking of seeing my general dr about this since my insurance doesnt cover dermatologists. ive been off prednisone for almost a week now and although its still itchy and red the antihistamines ive been taking seem to help some (30mg at night)

im curious about anyones experience with this drug. i was told blood work needs to be done monthly, which is kind of scary considering how int he long run this drug could do damage. anyway i dont know if this is a step up from prednisone or what, but ive never heard of it being discussed
Aaron

Salem, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

Julio wrote:
my cousin has been on this for 6 months and she had recently acquired a severe case of eczema..i just saw her yesturday and her skin is so clear! i on the other hand looked like crap, 3 "did you get punched in the eye" comments cuz the area under my eye was red..well anyway..im thinking of seeing my general dr about this since my insurance doesnt cover dermatologists. ive been off prednisone for almost a week now and although its still itchy and red the antihistamines ive been taking seem to help some (30mg at night)
im curious about anyones experience with this drug. i was told blood work needs to be done monthly, which is kind of scary considering how int he long run this drug could do damage. anyway i dont know if this is a step up from prednisone or what, but ive never heard of it being discussed
I was on it for 6 months and it worked well. You dont flare up once off it like you do with the predistone. Before going on the drug you will need blood test. Overall I would reccomend it.Its a serious drug and is only a short term fix.
Julio

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

Aaron wrote:
<quoted text>
I was on it for 6 months and it worked well. You dont flare up once off it like you do with the predistone. Before going on the drug you will need blood test. Overall I would reccomend it.Its a serious drug and is only a short term fix.
what are you on now?
Brightin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

My daughter was on this drug, she has severe eczema, covering her entire body. After 10 days she was mostly cleared. So, yes , it is a good drug initially. However, her white blood cells dropped and had to go off the drug or risk serious infection. The other concern of all these big shot drugs is, they work, but also carry the risk in years to come of lymphoma or other type of cancer. You have to decided for yourself if it is worth the risk, even if it is a small risk. My daughter's Dr is about to try another drug (such as cyclosporin) which carries the same risks, and keep her on it for 3 months just to try to get ahold of her runaway eczema and try to put it in position for it to get control of it topically, until it gets severe again. But,my daughter is afraid of the cancer risk. What a tough decision for a young kid, with a crappy disease.
Julio

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2009

ok so yeah i see how it can effect your white cells, it lowers immunities..tough call..but if it really can get it under control..cuz as of right now my arms have bumps all over them and im very itchy..ive been off prednisone for about a week now after being on for about 6 months (20mg a day past 3 months and less before that)

im just curious as to why more people arent on this?

Since: Jun 09

Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Julio, is it help you ?
Thx, DrHealthLover
drNyet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

not me.
Amc

Liverpool, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Hi
My daughter has been on ciclosporin for 9 months no real side affects blood tests all clear when tested initially every two weeks then monthly.No problems with BP.
However she has just taken ill on a family holiday abroad and I am convinced it is due to taking deximune(ciclosporin) and going in the sun. Nobody an give me an answer that this is true I think she has had some sort of toxic poison.
Has anyone else suffered from this?....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fast Cure for Serious Eczema (Dec '08) Aug 12 Lily 24
My eczema was cured- A story from a 14 year old... (Jun '06) Aug 6 Hat786 228
What Eczema Treatments Have You Tried And Found... (Sep '09) Aug 4 Me I 12
Eczema finally cleared up! Aug 3 faissel Eczema 2
Is there a cure for eczema? (Mar '12) Jul 25 King 29
i have extremely severe eczema EVERYWHERE (Dec '06) Jul 23 Alicia 190
how i cured my eczema Jul '14 Martha 2

Search the Eczema Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000