venky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2006

I was diagnosed with lichen simplex chronicus which is a form of eczema.I am wondering if prolonged period of contact dermatitis on skin would become Eczema ?. I know i got this from some one and i also don't have family history of eczema.
kute

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2006

Dear Venky,

First of all I hate to hear that you have eczema it is a troublesome disease but, rest assure you did not catch this from anyone. Eczema is not contagious. Any Doctor will tell you that you can develop Eczema at any age and not have a family history of it. As of now there is no cure but we all keep praying there will be one soon, goodluck with yours.
Lani

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2006

Judged:

I have eczema and I think I've developed a solution. It's a sugar scrub that I make ( and now sell) myself. It's made from completely all natural ingredients and it's helped me and my aunt ( who also has psoriasis) become itch free and soft! Now word is spreading and other friends of friends that all suffer and have tried EVERYTHING, are having success with my scrub. If you want to try it, email me at simplesugarsscrub@yahoo.com and I'll send you a free sample. It works for us, so maybe it'll bring you relief too!

Yours Truly,
Lani
Simple Sugars, LLC
Pittsburgh, PA
Dbeth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2006

All natural is definitely the way to go. Chemicals only worsen and in some cases actually cause eczema. I unfortunately, couldn't use scrubs on my patches because it would only irritate them. I did find an all-natural salve from a company called Healing Anthropology that completely cleared up my eczema. I've since been using their baby bottom cream for a lotion and it hasn't come back!(It's been almost a year) I think it's working because the products don't have any chemicals or synthetic ingredients. Nothing my Dr ever prescribed worked. It's ironic that all prescription and over-the-counter eczema treatments contain chemicals when they only make it worse.
Janae Mitchell

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2006

I agree. Nothing the Doctor prescribed for my little girl helped, including Elidel which has now been taken off of the market. I started using Arbonne Baby Care (ABC) on her for her Eczema, and it cleared her great. If you want more info about it, just let me know!
Sharmen Henwood

Belwood, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2006

"For years, I suffered with extremely dry skin and bouts of eczema. The condition would always worsen in the winter months to the extent that the skin on my calves would be red, scaly and painful to the touch. My heels would crack so much they would open and bleed. I would try and hold them together with bandages. I have tried various products over the years but nothing was successful either in reducing the dryness, giving my skin a chance to heal; or providing enough protection to keep the dryness at bay from morning till night. 4 years ago, I was introduced to Silky Soft Body Scrub, what an amazing product… There has been no looking back. Within weeks my skin was completely different. Family and friends could not believe it and suddenly were envious of my skin, even during the winter months. Estheticians have commented on how wonderful the heels of my feet are. I use it during every shower and every bath. I even take it camping. I have become addicted to it and cannot be without it. It is the first time in my life where a product has exceeded my expectations and that dry skin has become a non-issue. No more pain, itchiness or embarrassment."

I have recently been asked for my permission to put this testimonial on this site: http://www.aromatherapyhomespa.com/product/10...
for this awesome product, it changed my life honestly!
Sharmen
Wendy

Amsterdam, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2006

Hello Janae! I'm interested to know more about Arbonne Baby Care. Which product exactly healed your daughter's eczema? I would appreciate your help.
KAMIL

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2006

i've tried every cream there is, cortisones, protopic, elidel...... i have know moved on to chinese medications, changing my diet completely. no red meats no sugar, including natural sugars, no dairy, no salts, starchs, or yeast. hopefully this will help. has anyone else tired alternative thearpy?

kamil
Kylie

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2006

My son is 6 and has had chronic eczema his entire life (i recognised the 'patch' on his new born back immediately!). We have tried so many things including old fashioned remedies that worked for me as a child (wet wrapping etc). We managed to keep it sort of under control until he started pre school and then that was it. Flare after flare became infected requiring antibiotics etc etc. In desperation one day having run out of Oilatum I put him in a bath with about 10ml of Dettol. OK, he cried for a couple of minutes, it does sting initially but as soon as the sting was gone he found it very soothing. The infection virtually disappeared overnight and the scratched skin healed rapidly. We now add about 5ml of Dettol and 10ml of Baby Oil to each bath and only bathe him every second day. It hasn't cured his eczema but he has been prescription drug free for about 9 months. In that time we have used only one 15g tube of Advantan cream. The bath also works for the dreaded 'midnight itchies'...10-15 minutes in the bath and he climbs back into bed and sleeps soundly. I really hope this information may be of use to somebody else on the eczema roundabout!
Lorraine

La Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2006

Try essential fatty acids, gla, found in borage oil. Also, make sure you are getting enough zinc. Lack of both can cause eczema. I had tremendous success with both of these. Very immediate results.
Jas

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2006

Janae Mitchell wrote:
I agree. Nothing the Doctor prescribed for my little girl helped, including Elidel which has now been taken off of the market. I started using Arbonne Baby Care (ABC) on her for her Eczema, and it cleared her great. If you want more info about it, just let me know!
Janae - Can you let me know any cure to get for my 2 x childern aged 2 and 4 suffering from this.
Evelyn

Singapore, Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2006

KAMIL wrote:
i've tried every cream there is, cortisones, protopic, elidel...... i have know moved on to chinese medications, changing my diet completely. no red meats no sugar, including natural sugars, no dairy, no salts, starchs, or yeast. hopefully this will help. has anyone else tired alternative thearpy?
kamil
Yes, I have tried many alternative therapies and treatments. I have been suffering from eczema for more than 30 years.

Due to a new bout of eczema that started some time in January this year, I decided to start a blog documenting my review on various alternative therapies and treatments, from the east to the west, that I have personally tried. They include TCM, homeopathy, Ayurveda, emu oil, massage therapy, etc.

I haven't actually got time to write everything down, though but basically you can view some of my reviews here at http://www.eczemaskintreatment.com
Eugene Arizona

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2006

I just want to share this web site. Check them out.
It worked for my eczema pretty good.
http://skinimprovements.com
jennifer johnson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2006

I have had amazing results ,with Active Manuka Honey Cream by Manuka Naturals. www.manukanaturals.com . My hands and feet used to be so bad that they bled. They itched so bad I couldn't sleep at night. I use this cream now as a lotion between outbreaks and havent had anything serious for a year. It is truely amazing. Good Luck
mJa

Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2007

Hi
Check out http://eczemafix.blogspot.com/
Has a great home remedy that has worked for me! Regards
Joanna

Teluk Intan, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2007

Jas wrote:
<quoted text>
Janae - Can you let me know any cure to get for my 2 x childern aged 2 and 4 suffering from this.
Hi
Check out http://eczemafix.blogspot.com/
Has a great home remedy that has worked for me! Regards

PS whats weather like in Auckland?
N a P

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2007

I had a huge eczema problem for so many years. When I was in India my mom "forced" me to meet with an ayurvedic doctor. I didn't really believe in that at the time and only thought western science was correct. But the person saw my skin and gave me this oil that was all natural and cost 20 cents. within, almost a month my skin was BRAND NEW. I don't know if you can buy it in the US, but it is called cutis Oil. hope it helps?
Amy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2007

I have a daughter that used to have eczema terribly bad & learned that it can also be caused by other allergens in the home. Many personal care products (laundry detergent, lotions, soaps, shampoos, etc) that you purchase over the counter have high levels of toxic chemicals, formaldehyde's, phosphates, etc. in them so when you use these sorts of products, your skin is absorbing those toxic chemicals as well & causing more irritation. Since finding this company (they have an eczema healing cream that truly works better than eucerin, prescriptions, anything else on the market that we tried) & removing the chemicals from our home, we no longer deal with eczema issues at all. Here is a website that you can get more information from & listen in on a webcast if you wish. The webcast is free & truly an “eye opener” that I think anyone can benefit from - http://www.makelemonade.us
Dr Manjinder Singh Vrach

Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Dear Friends,

As far as the outcome of latest studies going on against "fight against eczema". It is now widely accepted by all systems of medicine that the "Cycle" of Itching is to be reduced / stopped to cure eczema.

My study is based on naturopathy and I have traveled world wide. Visiting many eczema patients and collecting herbal / natural oils.

May be i can help you with treatment after knowing your complete history

I have treated many people by breaking their Itching cycle.

For severe people (either adult having both arms and legs effected or a small child below age 3 having whole body effected with eczema).
The cost of one month course (4 bottles of 30ml oil each) is of 120 (UK, Pounds)+ 10 (UK, Pounds) for postage.

For less severe people. Who are effective with eczema only on select parts (like neck, behind knee or on elbows).
The cost of one month course (2 bottles of 30ml oil each) is of 60 (UK, Pounds)+ 10 (UK, Pounds) for postage.

This is a very cost effective treatment and results are great.

For better results. We suggest that treatment should be continued for 3 months. With each order. We go on updating with the results and status of patient.

We have 85% success results on all king of itching eczema except with the eczema with weeping fluids out of skin has just preventive measure of 25%.

The Oils, I prepare are custom made based on your history. All oils are 100% herbal, Contains no steroids or medicine.

We ship world wide from India.

Please visit www.NaturalHealings.in and contact me

Dr. Manjinder Singh Vrach
Chandigarh, India.
Ken

Abbotsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2007

The "Cure" for eczema is simple, as for ALL "Dis-eases". You're body is simply too acidic, you're polluted, literally.

You have been purposely sickened by pharmecutical and food companies in order for them to profit off of your sickness.

How many times have you been sick and the doctor says OK Mr. JD, you've got the flu so the best thing to do is to avoid dairy products and any solids etc, right?

Why? Because Dairy products, MEAT, Yeast and especially corn products are EXTREMLY ACIDIC and they will kill you, all of these foods are like CANCER themselves.

It's a slow death, along with those foods you also need to avoid Coffee, Tea, smokes, alcohol, ALL DRUGS.

----------
In order to maintain proper health you NEED to ALKALIZE YOUR BODY with vegetable drinks - naturally juiced/blended.

If you're experiencing symptoms of any sort of dis-ease, such foods as healthy as apples or bananas can actually hurt you severly if your body is out of balance.

The sugar content is just too high. All sugar content is Acid-Forming even the "good" kind.

symptoms such as eczema, acne, stomach aches, headaches MS symptoms are all minor signs of something serious about to happen in the coming years.

Such as more serious diseases or cancer which will inevitably take your life, if you don't wake up and do something about you're problems now.

your body is talking to you with these dis-ease like symptoms, LISTEN to it, or pay for it, with your life.

Don't use creams or drugs to cover the symptoms, your body is hurt, treat the problem that's causing the symptoms.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Eczema Forum right now

Search the Eczema Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
I give up (Jan '09) 7 hr Metoo 14
weeping eczema on feet 12 hr Sarah anon 2
Steroids Found In OSAS (Intensive Body Lotion W... (Mar '08) Fri eczema child 43
I found a NEW treatment for eczema! It is worki... (Sep '11) Apr 15 steve 23
My eczema was cured- A story from a 14 year old... (Jun '06) Apr 10 Gabrielle 219
Eczema Treatment (Aug '06) Apr 8 celine 248
Fast Cure for Serious Eczema (Dec '08) Apr 5 Tim 21
•••
•••
•••
•••