insect bites and eczema

insect bites and eczema

Posted in the Eczema Forum

Mel

United States

#1 Sep 21, 2007
My granddaughter presented with eczema at around 5 months old. She normally only has breakouts during the winter months and with age, (she is now 3) it seems to have gotten a little better. One thing that we have noticed is that she seems very susceptible to insect bites. She spends most of the summer looking like she has the chicken pox from the knees down. She scratches the bites so much that it takes a very long time to heal. I suspect that this has something to do with her eczema, but I can't find very much information linking the two. If anyone else has this problem I would appreciate a little insight.
Laura

Berkeley Springs, WV

#2 Jun 24, 2014
Mel wrote:
My granddaughter presented with eczema at around 5 months old. She normally only has breakouts during the winter months and with age,(she is now 3) it seems to have gotten a little better. One thing that we have noticed is that she seems very susceptible to insect bites. She spends most of the summer looking like she has the chicken pox from the knees down. She scratches the bites so much that it takes a very long time to heal. I suspect that this has something to do with her eczema, but I can't find very much information linking the two. If anyone else has this problem I would appreciate a little insight.

My name is Laura and I am replying to you comment my son is the same way they are saying it's a allergic reaction but I don't think so he also gets the same spots he also digs and digs I think it has to do with gnats biting him and by him having Eczema it makes it worse. Has your granddaughter had any more problems with this if so I would look towards the gnats.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ear Eczema HELP! (Dec '09) Mar 21 Eileen 89
skin all over the house Mar 21 Hushkin 2
Eczema treatment success! many tried mini reviews (Aug '12) Mar 19 Ohiogirl1985 9
Is there a cure for eczema? (Mar '12) Mar 1 Rick R 41
Eczema treatment plan: Very effective (Jan '07) Feb 28 Rachel West 73
Adult Eczema Rubbing Alcohol Cure Feb '17 PMatt 1
Eczema and birth control (Mar '12) Feb '17 sammyd1994 16
More from around the web