Saint-lambert, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Hi,
I have had eczema on my chin for close to a year, and creams (herbal creams (like Champori), cortisone creams and other creams recommended by my dermatologist) have done little to help. I noticed that staying away from alcohol and chocolate helps, but there seem to be other things that trigger my eczema and I can't figure out why.

When I used to take a digestive supplement (called Digesta), my eczema seemed to flare up. I recently started taking a probiotic supplement once a day (called Align) and it had the same effect. I've been extremely careful with what I eat (ie, pretty much no fatty foods, no alcohol, etc). Does anyone have any idea what the link between probiotics/digestive enzymes and eczema could be? Any input would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
Sandy

Austin, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Sorry to hear you have having trouble that long

When take a probiotic (ultimate flora)I feel like it helps with some of the itchiness I get from eczema in certain areas of my body. But I have had issues with yeast after suffering from an environment illness for years. In my experience I can't take all natural supplements including probiotics. Some actually will cause me to break out so it's like trial and error.

I don't know if you've ever tried drinking aloe vera juice. But I've had REALLY good results with George's Aloe Vera juice with my skin when I go on a 28-30 day regime drinking it everyday. The first week I drink some of the dead skin in particular on my face begins to shed. My the end of the 30 days my digestion system and skin is noticeably better. The company has a website if you want to see the benefits.

Also, I don't if a high quality fish oil supplement could help as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Eczema Forum right now

Search the Eczema Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Steroids Found In OSAS (Intensive Body Lotion W... (Mar '08) 11 hr eczema child 43
I found a NEW treatment for eczema! It is worki... (Sep '11) Apr 15 steve 23
My eczema was cured- A story from a 14 year old... (Jun '06) Apr 10 Gabrielle 219
Eczema Treatment (Aug '06) Apr 8 celine 248
Fast Cure for Serious Eczema (Dec '08) Apr 5 Tim 21
How long does the shot last? (May '09) Apr 3 Eddie 33
i have extremely severe eczema EVERYWHERE (Dec '06) Mar 31 Mandy 186
•••
•••
•••
•••