My eczema went away during pregnancy

My eczema went away during pregnancy

Posted in the Eczema Forum

Since: May 13

United States

#1 May 28, 2013
I've had eczema for many years. When I was pg, my skin cleared up!! And for about 6 months afterwards. Assuming this was because of hormonal change, as I was breast feeding.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Peebles, OH

#2 Jul 18, 2013
I had horrible eczema since childhood(so bad I would hide my hands at school) but later, when I got pregnant it went away forever. Now I get dry skin in the winter but that's all. Of course I passed the eczema gene on to my son unfortunately.

Asheboro, NC

#3 Sep 29, 2013
I had eczema as a child, went away when I was about 8 and popped up again at 15. I had it until I was 23 and became pregnant. I am currently 5months preggers and its clearing up. I had a huge ring around my belly button, on my left wrist up to my elbow, an on the inside of my upper right arm. When I got sweaty it would pop up the crease of my neck. Now my belly and wrist have cleared up completely, and my arm is working on it. And it no longer pops up here and there for a couple days. Maybe its the prenatal vitamins? Maybe its the hormone changes. IDK and don't care, its going away!!! I hope it never returns.
dr told me

Bronx, NY

#4 Nov 6, 2013
I've had chronic eczema since birth. 23 yrs old now. I'm 3 months pregnant and my skin is just getting more dry :(. Any suggestions on what worked for you guys? My Obgyn told me it's only going to get worse during my pregnancy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How else can I treat my horrid eczema? Nov 23 mhk 8
eczema on groin area help needed! (Sep '06) Nov 16 ItchyGal 53
Evening primrose plus flax seed oil supplements... (Jan '10) Nov 16 ItchyGal 28
Eczema full body Nov 5 VerseesHawk 2
Eczema Treatment (Aug '06) Nov 3 lbirr 252
i have extremely severe eczema EVERYWHERE (Dec '06) Oct 28 Elena 191
Cure for Atopic Eczema (Jan '10) Oct '15 Mimi 2 40
More from around the web