Eczema and Sex - Adults only please!

Posted in the Eczema Forum

Beki

UK

#1 Apr 14, 2011
Hello, I really need some advice!
I have severe eczema, pretty much all over my body save the palms of my hands and my feet. It's manageable most of the time but I get very bad flare ups.
What I have noticed is that I've started getting very very itchy all over my body after sex. I don't know if it could be related to the orgasms that I have and a release of hormones or something else, does anyone else have this problem?
Afterwards I literally want to scratch my skin off all over. And I don't wanna have to give up sex!
Ash

United States

#3 Aug 14, 2011
It's so comforting to know that I am not the only one who experiences this. I think it has something to do with excitement. Like when you stress, you itch. When your excited, you itch. Honestly I never thought about that until just now.....the excitement part LOL. But yea, that might have a lot to do with it.
Beki wrote:
Hello, I really need some advice!
I have severe eczema, pretty much all over my body save the palms of my hands and my feet. It's manageable most of the time but I get very bad flare ups.
What I have noticed is that I've started getting very very itchy all over my body after sex. I don't know if it could be related to the orgasms that I have and a release of hormones or something else, does anyone else have this problem?
Afterwards I literally want to scratch my skin off all over. And I don't wanna have to give up sex!
bridgette

Boone, NC

#4 Oct 9, 2011
hey,
so i have horrible excema on my legs, and lately its main flare up spot is behind my knee, I have itched it so much that it has become covered and scabs, but it is so hard to stop. Anyways, lately I have been using all of my self control and I wont itch for a day or two, and then when I after this break, I get an orgasmic feeling. I dont know what it is, and I was wondering if anybody had ever experienced this? I know you said you had flare ups after sex, but maybe this happened too...?
Try this for week

Cumberland, MD

#5 Oct 16, 2011
Stop eating wheat a week, and Dairy product, Let me know
sam

Macon, GA

#6 Mar 16, 2013
i thought it was because of sweat...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Eczema Treatments Have You Tried And Found... (Sep '09) Wed Yvoo 19
Is there a cure for eczema? (Mar '12) Feb 16 John 35
eczema plus bad chemical reaction Feb 15 cbk 1
Discipline to stop child from scratching?? (Feb '11) Feb 3 LAMom 7
Eczema and birth control (Mar '12) Jan '15 Kirsty 7
How long does the shot last? (May '09) Jan '15 barbs77 37
My eczema was cured- A story from a 14 year old... (Jun '06) Jan '15 Madeline 242
More from around the web