back of scalp itches all the time with ezcema

Posted in the Eczema Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
socalsport

Long Beach, CA

#1 Oct 17, 2006
I have had ezcema itching on the back and sides of my head for 10 years. I'm 44 and have tried everything. Anyone out there that has gotten rid of this? I think mine is related to stress and keeping my stress inside which shoots to my head. I do Yoga, exercise, sports. Have changed soaps, detergents, eat very healthy. I even moisturize my scalp frequently. Please. no advertising your product to me.
worked so far for me

AOL

#3 Oct 23, 2006
clobetasol propionate was prescribed by my doctor to use twice a day for weeks only on my scalp eczema. I use to itch day and night, had severe flaking so wearing dark colors was out of the question. I am happy to report this stuff has worked so far. Took about 3 days for the itching/flaking to start subsiding but after the two weeks this stuff has stopped all the flaking and I only itch occasionally! I can wear dark clothing now! I am hoping that since ,y two week treatment is over that it won't reoccur! Hs anyone used this medicine. I would like to know their experience.
colleen

Chicago, IL

#4 Nov 29, 2006
socalsport wrote:
I have had ezcema itching on the back and sides of my head for 10 years. I'm 44 and have tried everything. Anyone out there that has gotten rid of this? I think mine is related to stress and keeping my stress inside which shoots to my head. I do Yoga, exercise, sports. Have changed soaps, detergents, eat very healthy. I even moisturize my scalp frequently. Please. no advertising your product to me.
Try Nizarol. It is a shampoo for dandruff and works instantly. You can also wash your head in listerine.
jennifer johnson

United States

#5 Nov 29, 2006
I have found an amazing product for my skin called Active Manuka Honey Cream but have never had a problem in my hair. I think it might leave your hair feeling greasy. I dont know. I have really bad eczema on my hands and feet. Good luck with your eczema, if you want to check the cream out that I use they send out free samples, try www.manukanaturals.com
mJa

Sarikei, Malaysia

#6 Jan 11, 2007
Hi
Check out http://eczemafix.blogspot.com/
Has a great home remedy that has worked for me! Regards
Dr Manjinder Singh Vrach

Delhi, India

#7 Apr 4, 2007
Dear Friends,

As far as the outcome of latest studies going on against "fight against eczema". It is now widely accepted by all systems of medicine that the "Cycle" of Itching is to be reduced / stopped to cure eczema.

My study is based on naturopathy and I have traveled world wide. Visiting many eczema patients and collecting herbal / natural oils.

May be i can help you with treatment after knowing your complete history

I have treated many people by breaking their Itching cycle.

For severe people (either adult having both arms and legs effected or a small child below age 3 having whole body effected with eczema).
The cost of one month course (4 bottles of 30ml oil each) is of 120 (UK, Pounds)+ 10 (UK, Pounds) for postage.

For less severe people. Who are effective with eczema only on select parts (like neck, behind knee or on elbows).
The cost of one month course (2 bottles of 30ml oil each) is of 60 (UK, Pounds)+ 10 (UK, Pounds) for postage.

This is a very cost effective treatment and results are great.

For better results. We suggest that treatment should be continued for 3 months. With each order. We go on updating with the results and status of patient.

We have 85% success results on all king of itching eczema except with the eczema with weeping fluids out of skin has just preventive measure of 25% success rate.

If you are interested to talk to our clients (she had no itching since 2 months now) in Pleck, Wallsal, UK. We may refer you to them.(after their approval to talk with you)

The Oils, I prepare are custom made based on your history. All oils are 100% herbal, Contains no steroids or medicine.

We ship world wide from India.

Please visit www.NaturalHealings.in and contact me

Dr. Manjinder Singh Vrach
Chandigarh, India.
LaWoman

Mandeville, LA

#8 Apr 24, 2007
Hi socalsport - I have the same problem with the eczema on the back of my scalp. Now, this isn't a cure all and it may not help everyone but it is giving me *MAJOR* relief. First thing - make sure you're scalp is not sweating at night - buy one of those buckwheat hull pillows, that allows for air circulation and your head will *not* sweat. At least twice a week, drench your scalp with olive oil and let it set for at least an hour - then wash your hair with Dr. Bronners Peppermint Castile liquid soap (highly recommended by a friend of mine that is a nurse). The soap feels tingly, like a dandruff shampoo would - but lacks all the dangerous chemicals, it's comprised of all organic botanical oils with a bit of glycerin. Another thing that helps is that you can dilute the soap and use it as a rinse on a daily basis. Finally, use a small amount of frangrance free Eucerin cream on the spots that are causing the irritation. Please post and let me know if this helps you!
Ken

Abbotsford, Canada

#9 Apr 24, 2007
Eczema is just excess acid leaking through your skin to get rid of toxins, because all other means of places to rid them have been over-burdoned.

What causes excess acid? Everything except vegetables.

Coffee, Tea, processed foods, Bread, Pancakes, Eggs, Soft Drinks, Fruit drinks, all Sugar, Dairy, Meat, Corn is the worst, all condiments, for crying out loud the list goes on.

Why do you think so many people have diseases? This is the cause of them. The reason you don't hear it is because it is non-profitable, which means it cannot be sold.

The FDA ignores it. They concentrate on DRUGS. It is the "LAW" only a drug can PREVENT, DIAGNOSE, AND CURE Cancer.

I hate putting things up to sell but it's a one-time-thing. Not buying creams everyday for the rest of your lives.

The program is called "pH Miracle" google it. It beats any useless cream or drug.
Dr Manjinder Singh Vrach

Gurgaon, India

#10 Apr 26, 2007
socalsport wrote:
Dear Visitors,
Before you start the treatment with our 100% herbal oil.
You can now ask for FREE SAMPLE of 10ml from us.
Use it for a week, see its results and then you can order.
PLEASE NOTE THAT POSTAGE AND PACKING CHARGES HAS TO BE PAID IN ADVANCE.

Please feel free to contact us.

Dr. Manjinder Singh Vrach
Chandigarh, india
www.NaturalHealings.in

Since: Apr 07

Mandeville, LA

#12 Apr 30, 2007
Ken - pH Miracle may help in some eczema cases but not all, it certainly did nothing to help me.

You're probably dead on in regard to excess acid - but ... ALL foods, yes - even vegetables contain trace elements of Nickel (which is the direct cause of my eczema headaches) and others have high concentration of nickel. Agreed - corn is the worst, even if it is NOT processed. Dairy products? They're all off my list.

I have spoken with four dermatologists, two medical doctors and one allergist on this matter - and there is absolutely *nothing* on the market at this point in time to flush your system of Nickel. The main way it leaves your body is through the sweat glands - so, every time I sweat - I break out. In short - people with nickel allergies are screwed.

The (supposed) only relief people with nickel allergies will find are through the use of steroid creams/ointments & prednisone ... which I *refuse* to use - as I am fully aware of the fact that steroid use will only serve to exacerbate the problem further on down the line.

The only things that are working for me at this point is what I have mentioned in the previous post. I had posted what is working for me in the hopes that it may help someone else plagued with this horrible affliction. As there is currently no cure for eczema - ANY relief is a good thing,*especially* when it doesn't involve steroids or harsh chemicals.

And Dr. Manjinder - I'm asking nicely, please stop "spamming" the forum - it is rude, socalsport specifically requested no product advertising. I believe that most of us have had enough experience with products purchased off the internet to know that these things do not work.
naturalprodsfan

Nottingham, UK

#13 May 15, 2007
socalsport wrote:
My mum has had an itchy scap for EVER, and I know it drove her mad. Someone recently suggested she might be allergic to SLS which is in most shampoos. She has found a brand called Naked which is nearly totally natural and has no SLS in it - they do shampoos etc as well as showergels / face washes. She says it has really helped - maybe that could be your problem? Might help? She got it online from its website.
sam issac

San Antonio, TX

#15 Sep 10, 2007
the best thing to do is put some hair oil at night every night before you go to sleep. massage it well into your hair and your scalp.. let it stay there on your hair till morning. this way your scalp will be moisturised and it also cools your head. just wash it off in the morning with or without shampoo .. i don't usually use shampoo.... trust me, this will definitely work...
sam issac

San Antonio, TX

#16 Sep 10, 2007
Ken wrote:
Eczema is just excess acid leaking through your skin to get rid of toxins, because all other means of places to rid them have been over-burdoned.
What causes excess acid? Everything except vegetables.
Coffee, Tea, processed foods, Bread, Pancakes, Eggs, Soft Drinks, Fruit drinks, all Sugar, Dairy, Meat, Corn is the worst, all condiments, for crying out loud the list goes on.
Why do you think so many people have diseases? This is the cause of them. The reason you don't hear it is because it is non-profitable, which means it cannot be sold.
The FDA ignores it. They concentrate on DRUGS. It is the "LAW" only a drug can PREVENT, DIAGNOSE, AND CURE Cancer.
I hate putting things up to sell but it's a one-time-thing. Not buying creams everyday for the rest of your lives.
The program is called "pH Miracle" google it. It beats any useless cream or drug.
the best thing to do is put some hair oil at night every night before you go to sleep. massage it well into your hair and your scalp.. let it stay there on your hair till morning. this way your scalp will be moisturised and it also cools your head. just wash it off in the morning with or without shampoo .. i don't usually use shampoo.... trust me, this will definitely work...
Mary

York, UK

#17 Mar 10, 2008
Have you tried Polytar shampoo? My doc recommended it, indeed, she prescribed it.
margaret

Crewe, UK

#18 Jul 24, 2008
sam issac wrote:
What type of oil did you use Sam?
Thanks
Margaret
margaret

Crewe, UK

#19 Jul 27, 2008
Where do we get hair oil from please?at
margaret

Crewe, UK

#20 Jul 27, 2008
Where do we get hair oil from please?Thanks
Margaret
judy

Thunder Bay, Canada

#21 Jan 5, 2009
The Revitol all natural skin exfoliator is the revolutionary age-defying skin care system that peels away the ravages of time to reveal the secret of a beautiful face beautiful, healthy, radiant youthful looking skin.

http://www.revitol.com/site/revitol_skin_exfo...
Baker 2010

Fort Stewart, GA

#22 Jan 25, 2010
I have used this product an dyes it works.
worked so far for me wrote:
clobetasol propionate was prescribed by my doctor to use twice a day for weeks only on my scalp eczema. I use to itch day and night, had severe flaking so wearing dark colors was out of the question. I am happy to report this stuff has worked so far. Took about 3 days for the itching/flaking to start subsiding but after the two weeks this stuff has stopped all the flaking and I only itch occasionally! I can wear dark clothing now! I am hoping that since ,y two week treatment is over that it won't reoccur! Hs anyone used this medicine. I would like to know their experience.
Baker 2010

Fort Stewart, GA

#23 Jan 25, 2010
Yes I have used this product and it works. Dr. Tonya McCoullough in Savannah, Ga

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My sister makes fun of my eczema! (Apr '12) Wed Smokey11 7
Herbal remedies that healed my eczema Mar 16 Reagan88 1
Cure for eczema - what worked for me Mar 15 jdstew76 1
I found a NEW treatment for eczema! It is worki... (Sep '11) Mar 11 Meee 27
My eczema story may help you! (Sep '13) Mar 11 woody 5
Poll What Eczema Treatments Have You Tried And Found... (Sep '09) Mar 4 Yvoo 19
Is there a cure for eczema? (Mar '12) Feb '15 John 35
More from around the web