My eczema was cured- A story from a 1...
Jack

North Miami Beach, FL

#107 Oct 16, 2011
This is such a stupid advice. Use cortisone, don't itch, and take anti-histamines. Yeah, OK, we got that.

And people call this "forum". This is forum?

eczematreatmentdiscussion.org/forum is a forum. That's what forum should look like- no ads, organized, and with some reference backing, not just some gibberish people claim and advertisers put.
Sylvie

Albany, NY

#108 Oct 18, 2011
I am eighteen years old and have had eczema all my life. The past couple of years I have had it mostly on my face, neck, shoulders, and arms. I was prescribed steroid creams and used them for special events so that I could feel better (eg. prom, graduation, holidays, events, etc.) However, after a certain period of time, instead of clearing up my eczema, they would make it worse; it would burn and become inflamed. I have been seeing an acupuncturist for the past five months, and while it is not completely gone, I feel much more confident using a slow and steady procedure rather than instant fix steroid creams. I know everyone's story is different, and that certain people react in unique ways to treatments, but I highly recommend seeking alternative medicine as a way to, if not cure eczema, then to vastly improve it. Good luck everybody!
Stephanie

San Jose, CA

#109 Nov 3, 2011
I use Skintense from Botanolution for my 3 year old son who has been afflicted with eczema and now his skin is soft. I have chronic eczema also and I use this and their facial wash. they have some before and after pictures on their website. They are vegan, artificial fragrance-free, dye free, synthetic chemical free, and handmade! www.botanolution.com
Kaye

United States

#110 Feb 2, 2012
My husband is 39 and he just found out he has eczema three years ago.It is really bad and severe his hands and feet look like cement is on top of them.I feel so bad for him when hes in some much pain,he always had such beautiful smooth skin so he is stress out all the time because all the lotions and creams seem to do nothin for him.His whole body looks like sunburns and peeling skin.If anybody have any ideas to what really works plz let me no...I wish it was a cure..
FreakyBoy

Canada

#111 Feb 23, 2012
I am a 15 year old boy and I have suffered from eczema my entire life. As a baby people didn't want to hold me because it was so bad. It seems to go away in the summer but every winter it seems to come back. I am starting PE tomorrow and I am scared that people are going to make fun of me for wearing a long sleeved shirt and track pants. I always get it on my arms and legs and every couple years on my back. I play hockey alot so I think it comes from that. I have always wished that it would go away and it makes me feel like such a freak sometimes. One time I faked sick for an entire week because it had spread to my face. I have gotten many creams and they seem to help but I can never resist the urge to scratch. I just want to be normal like the other kids who can run around in shorts and t-shirts and talk to girls. I have almost 0 self confidence which stems from my eczema. I have no friends at school and when I come home I go straight to my computer where I play online games. Sometimes my addiction for games gets so bad I stay up all night on school days and then fake sick in the morning . I am happy to finally get this all out of me and I am going to try and find a friend who is suffering from what I am and we will try and stop it toghether. I'm sorry this is so long but this has made me feel better and has kept me from committing suicide for another day.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#112 Feb 23, 2012
FreakyBoy wrote:
I am a 15 year old boy and I have suffered from eczema my entire life. As a baby people didn't want to hold me because it was so bad. It seems to go away in the summer but every winter it seems to come back. I am starting PE tomorrow and I am scared that people are going to make fun of me for wearing a long sleeved shirt and track pants. I always get it on my arms and legs and every couple years on my back. I play hockey alot so I think it comes from that. I have always wished that it would go away and it makes me feel like such a freak sometimes. One time I faked sick for an entire week because it had spread to my face. I have gotten many creams and they seem to help but I can never resist the urge to scratch. I just want to be normal like the other kids who can run around in shorts and t-shirts and talk to girls. I have almost 0 self confidence which stems from my eczema. I have no friends at school and when I come home I go straight to my computer where I play online games. Sometimes my addiction for games gets so bad I stay up all night on school days and then fake sick in the morning . I am happy to finally get this all out of me and I am going to try and find a friend who is suffering from what I am and we will try and stop it toghether. I'm sorry this is so long but this has made me feel better and has kept me from committing suicide for another day.
You need to detox your body from all the junk in order to get rid of your Eczema. Follow the pH Miracle by Dr Robert Young and you will be cleared of Eczema in no time.
Christine

Oklahoma City, OK

#113 Mar 7, 2012
I have eczema and I tried this before and it really works , thanks
Liz

Stretton, Australia

#115 Mar 13, 2012
Hi Everyone

I just thought I'd send you my blog info because it may be of interest to you..
http://eczemahealing.blogspot.com.au/2011/11/...

It is the story of my partner having eczema all his life and withdrawing from Cortisone after 16 years of use.

I am happy to talk about this [email protected]
Liz
PTz

Marystown, Canada

#116 Mar 31, 2012
GUYS it will keep coming back if you do this. This will not cure your eczema. Using steroid creams will only back it worse, I know. I think every person with eczema will realize that if they have not already. You need to change your diet. That is it. You need to cut out the junk you have been eating all your life. Gluten, dairy, meat. And add in the fruits and veggies. Check out robertmorsend on youtube. He changed my life
scarlett67

Long Beach, CA

#117 Apr 16, 2012
Udder Ointment by Dr. Hess
www.udderointment.com
Stuff is the bomb.
Jason

Wetherill Park, Australia

#118 Apr 29, 2012
Hey i've had eczema since i was born so thats 16 years now. I know what works and what doesn't and ive tried everything and researched everything. I am spreading this article all around the internet to help people with eczema.

Listen to me. nothing cures eczema. doctors can prescribe you something but it doesn't work. it clears it up yes but it doesn't stop it from coming back. and eventually you get sick of going to the doctor. I am writing this because i am fed up with eczema i'd literally do anything for it to go away but that is impossible but it is possible to keep the skin in a good state which shows no signs of eczema.

Ive learnt about something called the itching cycle which means that every time you scratch your eczema to relieve the itching it leads to even more and intense itching. So make sure you don't scratch!!! i can safely say i haven't scratched my eczema for about 3 to 4 years. if you don't itch for a month or a few, you won't feel the need to scratch your skin which leaves it uniritated and looks as if you never had eczema in the first place.

If you did scratch your eczema vigorously at one stage of your life it takes many months for it to go away i would say about 6 months for mine to go away when i did and stopped scratching.

You also need motivation! My motivation was to have a healthy skin appearance because interact with girls. Eczema isn't attractive at all and when i had it in little amounts everyone used to notice wherever you have it. My peers also gave me motivation because i didn't want to have disgusting skin infront of my friends as it would make me feel self conscious. SO DON"T ITCH or it will lead to that^

Not itching your skin does help but you also need to apply sorbelene cream every day in the morning and after a shower. I have a large dispenser of sorbelene cream which i use everyday and lasts me about 6 months Eczema is very dry skin and sorbelene cream without perfume! helps relieve the skin. I was sceptical at first about this but ive been doing it for 6 years now and i am happy with the state im in.

Also you must apply sorbelene cream before sport activites. IF i didn't apply sweat or chlroine usually react with the eczema and cause it to flare. I find that applying sorbelene cream acts as a barrier and i was stoked when i learnt that i could go swimming without the fear of chlroine upsetting my eczema.

I also find a healthy diet is esential. Whenever i eat junk food i get inflamed in all spots. It maybe due to the stress because i don't want o get pimples either but i think my extremely health diet has helped. PLUS i drink alot of water whenever i can which is utmostly essential!!! Drinking water helps stop your skin becoming dry and giving you a flare up. My diet consists of 2 serves of fruit and 5 veges a day. Plus all homemade food mother the right amount of nutrition and i haven't eaten any junk food what so ever for about 3 years-unbelievable i know but true because i am motivated. I know that sounds hard but it gets easier and if you dont for awhile you dont even feel like you want it and you just find it repulsive because you've been eating so healthy.
PLus no stress and no scented shampoos and soaps!

I have eczema because of my genes and i have hope that when i finish puberty the ezcema will go away as my doctor told me that is a common case and that only my mum had it when she was little up to about 19 years of age and plenty of other people have given me insight about this too. I have had ezcema in many places on my body- both on top of my wrists and on top of my hands, all around my elbows and a bit on my inner bicep, on the left of my neck, down the right side of my chin from ear to bottom of my chin, and on my eyelids and i used to have on the back of my legs.

I hope, actually i know this article i have written will help you reduce the inflamation of eczema and make your skin as if you were never cursed with eczema :)
TARA

Lucknow, India

#119 May 9, 2012
I had eczema since last 4 years on my hands..i tried everything from Allopathy to homeopathic to ayurvedic and yoga but nothing really worked..the results were temporary and as soon as i stopped something it reappeared..i was hopeless and depressed.then somebody randomly recommended me a cream named "Derobin". I applied it and within 4-5 days i felt the difference and d results were outstanding.now it is just 10 days since i am using it and my eczema has cleared 80-90%..n i am so happy by the results..What i would like to mention here that the cream should be used in a diluted form as per the prescription and should be applied strictly for 10-30 mins as required..I am applying it for 15 mins on daily basis..Just proper application of it and you will win over eczema..For me if it is a solution n even if i have to carry on wid the process of apppication of this cream on affected areas for 15 mins only, i am still happy with it and can continue to do this for years..i will prefer this process over intake of medicines, precautions and steriods.It is safe and effective and i dont need to avoid protien diet or egg or anything..i m just using this cream and living my life in my own way..I m so glad to share this experience of mine and would love to help thousands of my friends by sharing this.This cream "Derobin" is a compound dithranl ointment..A MUST TRY for d sufferers.my sympathies to my friends who are suffering from it..Wish you good luck !!!
natural moisturizer works

Toronto, Canada

#120 May 9, 2012

I have very dry skin on my hands everytimes I think I have psoriasis or eczema until after I used dermacop moisturizer, the dryness on my hands are now gone. Even in the winter time, the dryness doesn't come back, if it does come back it's now not severe anymore and I think it's cure for me. I only applied the ointments a couple of times and that's all it took, no more flaky/itchy skin, no blisters or blood cracking skin. It's unbelievable but works for me.
F jeniffer usha

Mumbai, India

#121 May 12, 2012
hi im from chennai for past 5 years i have this problem but today only i came to know that it is eczema im very worried and scared of this disease can we cure it permanetely? it does itch continuosly give me some ideas abt this..........
Matt

Englewood, CO

#122 May 16, 2012
I have eczema and i totally feel for u. I cant remember the last time i could wear shorts and not get awkward stares. Thats so cool that u got rid of it. High five. :)
bryni

United States

#123 Jun 6, 2012
Lorraine wrote:
Both of my children have had eczema and thankfully, I have been able to control it very easily. At three months my daughter came down with it on her face, her back and limbs. She cried a lot and scratched. The doctors prescribed all sorts of creams, however, my husband is a research scientist and would not allow there use. Most were very potent steroids. So, we researched and read about essential fatty acids, GLA in particular. I was nursing so I started taking borage oil as well as giving my daughter small amounts in her cereal. Within a week, her eczema was gone. I did not keep using the oil after the symptoms cleared, but every time there is any sign of it, the oil clears it quickly.
My son had the same issue at 4 months. However, his face was so bad that first we had to treat it with Bacitracin and cortisone for about 4 days. Then, with the oils he too cleared within a week.
I also used an infant probiotic to help build his friendly bacteria. He has NOT had eczema since and he is three now.
My daughter had a bout this past month, her first in years, she is 5 now. It did not respond to the oils. So, we looked for another reason and found out that zinc deficiency can cause dry skin/eczema. So, we gave her some and within 2 days, it is gone.
This is what worked for us. I understand that helpless, horrible feeling of not knowing how to help you child. Please talk to your doctor and see doses etc. for your child. Or seek the help of a holistic doctor. You can also research GLA and zinc and eczema on line.
Please email me [email protected] my daughter has eczema and I have some questions
JasonX

San Juan, Philippines

#124 Jun 8, 2012
hello., I'm jason, i have eczema too., foolishly there was no cure., you can control it by using restoraderm cream and using hypoallergenic soap for a very dry sensitive skin ., it's very effective indeed., the truth is there is no cure but treatments aim to control the symptoms of eczema., just like me., I'm suffering from eczema for almost a year., and It sou gonna kill me., now I continuously using restoraderm cream and soap to control the symptoms of eczema and by avoiding all the foods containing high histamine, specially dairy products and nuts., and dustmites., yes indeed., sou thats all. hava great day!!^_^
purpleflurp

Bay City, TX

#125 Jun 29, 2012
you cant shower everyday you need the natural oils on your skin to help it not dry out and get more itchy.
Natalie

UK

#126 Jul 1, 2012
I'm 16 years old and my eczema has been on my arms, legs and face for as long as i can remember. I've tried what you have suggested, however, it doesnt work. Right now i have scratched the skin off, and my flesh is out on my arms and the skin on my face is very tight. What to do? I don't know! I have tried EVERYTHING!!!
Crislyn joy

Philippines

#127 Jul 10, 2012
Geez i thought im the only 15 year old who suffers eczema,thanks God im not alone,but im happy to know that there are some ways that i can cure my eczema,im a filipino by the way , Uhm...one more thing can steroid can really Cure eczema? I mean will it help? Or alternatives does better?.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ear Eczema HELP! (Dec '09) Jul 15 Anonymous 84
real help for childrens eczema Jul 13 craig 1
Washing creme out of cotton? Jul 12 Monty-FI 1
Fast Cure for Serious Eczema (Dec '08) Jul 9 Nomoreeczema 34
The ocean did WONDERS for sons eczema!!! (Aug '08) Jul 7 liz 47
What is this bumptrosity on my hand? Jul 6 Sardine 1
How long does the shot last? (May '09) Jul 2 Dave 44
More from around the web