Sarah

Cardiff, UK

#221 Dec 11, 2013
IHiya I'm 17 and I have eczema on my hands! I'm in college and at college there's a lot of work so that means writing. Well i can't bend my fingers hardly to write. My eczema is quite bad I've had it since I was a baby! I have tried everything! It's so frustrating I am in so much pain! I wake up scratching, I've been using hydromol ointment and the liquid one for soap which isn't doing much. No steroids work for me they make my hands so itchy!:( any advice!:(
SMBERO

Europe

#222 Dec 16, 2013
Ya guys i hear your comments on how to control aczema, i my self recently got a girlfriend i took notice of her when she took of her jersey because she said it was hot then i got shocket to see her skin so i asked her what was that on her arms she said aczema. I had no idea how it looked like i was terrified so i searched on how to make it go away but did not sacssed, i recently found out on a medicine that can reduce the ichiness and appearence on skin so i bought it for her she took it once and i tell you it's bitter but helps on many other common illnesses, it's called tim-jan made from aloe and grapes you got to try it out. From r.s.a.
Ozzylove

Adelaide, Australia

#223 Dec 21, 2013
The only cure for eczema that I know of is to stop using steroids and go through the withdrawal phase. There are thousands of people around the world who have cured themselves and no longer have symptoms. Visit my blog to learn more.
http://ozzylovelots.blogspot.com.au/
Have a great Christmas
tori

Conway, AR

#224 Dec 25, 2013
I hate it it gets on my face I use aveeno and it only makes it more dry! Its really embarrassing at school nobody understands it goes all the way from the bottom of my lip to my chin it doesn't itch but when I open my mouth to big it cracks and bleeds! I also put baby oil on it it
Sunny

Wolverhampton, UK

#225 Dec 30, 2013
I have severe excema.after doing some research. Its my first day of trying 10ml extra strenth cod liver oil. 6x1000 evening primrose oil. Zinc and b vitamin complex. I will post results.
Bob joe mike

Chicago, IL

#226 Jan 7, 2014
And make sure you cut your nails and keep them short I find this extremely helpful.
Teguh

Indonesia

#227 Jan 7, 2014
i'm 16 y'o and i has been had an euczema since 1 - 2 years ago , and i start to stress about it , i really embarrassed when use shorties , i try the desoximetasone cream and elocon cream from US , but it didn't work well , is there any ways to clear it :((?
eczemastruggle

UK

#228 Jan 9, 2014
. i have suffered with eczema my whole life and three years ago up until 3-4 months ago it was so severe i wouldnt leave my house for weeks at a time. i am now in control of my problem and have created a website with all kinds of information on preventing a flare-up and treatments that are good/bad. you may find it useful at www.eczemastruggle.co.uk we can beat this one day at a time
Hassan

Bristol, UK

#229 Jan 12, 2014
i have eczema on my arms and its reallybad. use vaseline aloe vera
Jessica

Winnipeg, Canada

#230 Jan 15, 2014
gymnastfreak122 wrote:
I have eczema and everytime it clears up, it comes back again! Eucerin doesn't work for me. I never had it for a few years except in the summer when I get heat rashes but that's it. Maybe a couple months ago, it started up really bad on my shoulders, back, legs were especially bad, arms and a little on the thighs. I am really embarrased to wear shorts in gymnastics class. Summer is coming up and I want to wear all of the cute stuff in Limited Too or Abercrombie but I know I would be getting strange looks. For a month or so I had bumps starting on my legs around the shin. After a while, it got worse and Eucerin lotion I had at home wasn't working. Scabs were growing everwhere. It was horrible! I had to wear long pants in gymnastics even when it was cool out. Now all the girls in my class are wearing capris and I get upset because I can't. My bumps aren't justr a single one here or there, the are clusters and on my arms and thighs they a re the same color as my skin. On my legs where it is the worst, they are red. I shower every day but evne making sure all of the aweat is gone doesn't help my skin. Oh, I wish there was a cure!
you can always try putting a face mask on this I what I put in my face and sometimes all over my body it's made with vanilla yourgart and honey and hot chocolate powder I know it sound weird but it works !!!! And also but vitamin e liquid on you you just poke a hole in the vitamin e pill then put it on your body an here's a tip don't get that cream from the doctor it just makes it worste all they want is money so just try using vitamins like vitamin e and wear cotton close
Rolland

Singapore, Singapore

#231 Jan 27, 2014
I'm a long time sufferer of eczema, which started when I was in my early twenties. It started out as a small red patch on my legs. Went to my family doctor, and he diagnosed it as eczema. Steroid cream was prescribed, and it solved the issue. But it soon spread to the rest of my body, and steroid cream isn't helping anymore. My doctor recommended me to change my regular shower foam to Cetaphil Well, the shower gel of Cetaphil looks disgusting.. Slimy gel with no lather. When I tries to change back to my regular shower foam, my skin became too dry and irritated. I have no choice but to stick with Cetaphil. Also, I have to apply moisturizer on my skin, and he told me to use Aqueous cream. The moisturizer does help to moisturize my skin to control flare-ups, but Aqueous dries too quickly, and I have to constantly apply it whole day long.

I experimented with various creams and moisturizers, but non can last for the whole day. Then my doctor recommended me to try Physiogel. Wow, it was good! It lasts the whole day without re-applying, and my skin felt moisturised all day long.

In recent years, I was receommeded by a fellow sufferer of eczema to try this cream. It's called Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream http://www.aveeno.com/product/aveeno - eczema therapy moisturizing cream .do . I bought a tube to try, and it has totally changed my life! It is much better than Physiogel, and there are less eczema patches on my body!!! I'm also using the shower foam http://www.aveeno.com/product/aveeno - daily moisturizing body wash.do?sortby=ourPicks&fr om=fn . And YES, the shower foam has lather unlike Cetaphil!!! Although there is lather, my skin doesn't feel dry.

For those who has a sudden flare-up of eczema, try the bleach bath. half a cup of regular bleach to a bathtub of water. Soak for 30 minutes, and then do your regular bath. Remember to apply moisturizers on your body after the bath, as bleach might irritate your skin. Do this every 3 days, and you'll realise that the flare-ups will be gone sooner.

For small patches, try using hydrocortisone cream which can be purchased from any pharmacies. Apply on the patches, not more than 2 weeks as it is a steroid cream.

For daily maintenance, I'd highly recommend Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream, and Aveeno Daily Moisturizng Body Wash. Sad to say, both this products are not available locally. I bought in bulk from US. Even for non-eczema sufferers, the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash can be used. I passed some bottles to my friends, and now they love using it!
ATfromEarth

Los Angeles, CA

#232 Feb 5, 2014
I cured eczema by avoiding NIGHTSHADES.

I finally found a cure by realizing that Eczema is a reaction to certain foods or chemicals. Iíve had eczema for as long as I could remember and it wasnít until recently that I figured out NIGHTSHADES (peppers, eggplant, tomatoesÖ) were the source of my skin irritations. Since then, I've been eczema-free.

Start by eliminating certain foods after a rash occurs so that you can figure out what to avoid. I wish a doctor had told me that simple truth a long time ago, but then again, most are in the business of making money, not giving permanent cures.

A lot, if not all things can be healed naturally. To cure it, itís not about putting ointments or shea butter on it, those only mask the symptoms- with eczema, itís simply about eliminating substances you react to.
Pete

Brisbane, Australia

#233 Feb 20, 2014
Hey guys,

I've had eczema my whole life and im currently 24. The only thing thats really worked for me and I've tried just about everything was Advantan as its called here or Methylprednisolone Aceponate.

Its a fatty ointment that is kind of sticky and will stay on your skin for a while after applying it but it really does the trick.

I've also found that smoking can cause my eczema to flare up so for anyone who is a smoker and suffers from eczema, there's another reason to quit.

Pete.
Loracleo

Ryde, Australia

#234 Mar 11, 2014
hi all,
I had eczema since i was a child and now im 32 and tried many different creams, herbal treatments, eczema treatments you name it. Finally i went to america and plus abit of googling and discovered what works for me. Long turn i drink ginger tea quiet often, which has antiflammitory effect (main cause for my read and itchy skin). To get rid of rushes i tried this cream - Cortizone 10 with Cooling relief in America and it gave me cool sesnsation with rushes to be gone next day. I absolutely love it.
Just thought i share it with you all. Hope it will help you too:)
Victor Aguilar

Lake Worth, FL

#235 Mar 21, 2014
Hey Jessica. Im 15 and i have to deal with Eczema. Usually im insulted by it. I think i will try this out. Im praying that it works
Jossel

Richmond, Australia

#236 Mar 24, 2014
I'm so glad to find people are going through the same thing as i am. Eczema is horrible but i feel better because i know im not alone. Still, it's so hard to live with it. I usually get no sleep at night because of all the uncomfortableness everywhere in my body. Even in class, i try not to look like an idiot and start randomly twitching because of the itch. Everyone around keep staring at the eczema on my neck and arms and once even the face. They keep asking me questions that i hate answering. My own parents get annoyed of seeing it on my body and they always scold me on how ugly it looks. It's stressful too. I can't wear revealing tops that are on trend, pretty shorts or bikinis. I can't even go into the pool or the beach. I'm always so covered up, it's embarrassing. I don't know how many times i've cried over this but i want it all to stop. If anyone has any recommendations of what i should do, please tell me. I've tried everything, had multiple visits to my dermatologists, tried so many creams and lotions... Nothing's working.
Dionne

Singapore, Singapore

#237 Mar 26, 2014
Hey everyone, I just read an article and because eczema is caused due to dried skins and all so I tried the treatment by drinking 1-2 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil per day! Currently it's my 5th day and it works perfectly good for me!! My eczema has become less visible!!*process of curing*
Jessica Oaten

UK

#238 Apr 1, 2014
Thanks for this post. I really don't feel alone now I'm 13 and I have lived with it all of my life too, it is so descusting when you look at your self in the mirror and then think of all of the girls that have perfect skin. This has reall boosted my hope in getting rid of eczema because I know that other people have.

Thanks a lot Jessica Oaten
Gabrielle

Commerce City, CO

#239 Apr 10, 2014
I have eczema as well, but mine is only on my scalp. It itches horribly all the time, and grows into huge horrible red splotches that flake tons of dead skin. The only way I am able to put cream on it is if I cut all my hair off, down to skin. It's really frustrating.
Destiny

Jacksonville, NC

#242 Apr 22, 2014
Thank you so much!! I honestly thought I was alone with my suffering!! I've suffered as long as I can remember, and I just thought it was something I would have to get used to. But you have given me hope on a cure and I could never thank you enough!
Jessica wrote:
Hi, I'm Jessica, and fourteen year old from Medicine Hat Alberta. I have lived with eczema my whole life, well at least as long as I can remember. I had tried everything and had been to special doctors but nothing seemed to be working. I remember just about 2 months ago sitting on the floor with a comb bawling and just scratching at my skin continuesly until it bled or hurt so bad that I couldn't bend my joints. My eczema was everywhere too all over my legs, my tummy, my arms, and my neck. Finally it got so bad that it started spreading to my face.... it was horrible. I was so embarrassed that I would wear long sleeve shirts all the time and long pants even in gym. I couldn't figure out wut I was doing wrong. So anyone out there with eczema I totally feel for you... Cause I can clearly remember those painful nights, and embarassing gym classes and embarassing times going swimming and hiding in the water. And I am proud to say that now I am clean and wore a skirt to school for the first time in years on monday!
So now for the good part and i hope this will help. Just remember that your not alone and many people deal with this. Try and stay stress free.... stress just makes it worst, stay moisturized, do not use scented lotions and bubble baths, do not wear metal unless it is gold, silver or surgical steel, and try using a cortisone cream, also at night take a pair of old socks and cut the toes off then apply your cream, you can then pull the socks over your arms and legs and your cream will not rub off, also try socks on your hands at night to stop from scratching, also before you go to bed take a anti-itch pill, I know that it may sound easy but it will take a while but i promise the results are rewarding =D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ear Eczema HELP! (Dec '09) Dec 19 Acroutha 75
Eczema treatment plan: Very effective (Jan '07) Dec 15 angie 61
Fast Cure for Serious Eczema (Dec '08) Dec 14 RPMONEY 27
What Eczema Treatments Have You Tried And Found... (Sep '09) Dec 14 RPMONEY 16
Organic Eczema Treatment Dec 9 HubblesMom 1
Itchy blistery toe Dec 9 suzykue 1
Slexir Dec 4 Hofmann81 1
More from around the web