Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2006

Judged:

Hi, I'm Jessica, and fourteen year old from Medicine Hat Alberta. I have lived with eczema my whole life, well at least as long as I can remember. I had tried everything and had been to special doctors but nothing seemed to be working. I remember just about 2 months ago sitting on the floor with a comb bawling and just scratching at my skin continuesly until it bled or hurt so bad that I couldn't bend my joints. My eczema was everywhere too all over my legs, my tummy, my arms, and my neck. Finally it got so bad that it started spreading to my face.... it was horrible. I was so embarrassed that I would wear long sleeve shirts all the time and long pants even in gym. I couldn't figure out wut I was doing wrong. So anyone out there with eczema I totally feel for you... Cause I can clearly remember those painful nights, and embarassing gym classes and embarassing times going swimming and hiding in the water. And I am proud to say that now I am clean and wore a skirt to school for the first time in years on monday!

So now for the good part and i hope this will help. Just remember that your not alone and many people deal with this. Try and stay stress free.... stress just makes it worst, stay moisturized, do not use scented lotions and bubble baths, do not wear metal unless it is gold, silver or surgical steel, and try using a cortisone cream, also at night take a pair of old socks and cut the toes off then apply your cream, you can then pull the socks over your arms and legs and your cream will not rub off, also try socks on your hands at night to stop from scratching, also before you go to bed take a anti-itch pill, I know that it may sound easy but it will take a while but i promise the results are rewarding =D
Esme

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2006

Judged:

thanks for this, I have a six year old daughter that has eczema, ill try out these suggestions with her. I feel bad that I cant do much about it, and shes starting to be embarrassed about it
Lorraine

La Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2006

Judged:

Both of my children have had eczema and thankfully, I have been able to control it very easily. At three months my daughter came down with it on her face, her back and limbs. She cried a lot and scratched. The doctors prescribed all sorts of creams, however, my husband is a research scientist and would not allow there use. Most were very potent steroids. So, we researched and read about essential fatty acids, GLA in particular. I was nursing so I started taking borage oil as well as giving my daughter small amounts in her cereal. Within a week, her eczema was gone. I did not keep using the oil after the symptoms cleared, but every time there is any sign of it, the oil clears it quickly.

My son had the same issue at 4 months. However, his face was so bad that first we had to treat it with Bacitracin and cortisone for about 4 days. Then, with the oils he too cleared within a week.

I also used an infant probiotic to help build his friendly bacteria. He has NOT had eczema since and he is three now.

My daughter had a bout this past month, her first in years, she is 5 now. It did not respond to the oils. So, we looked for another reason and found out that zinc deficiency can cause dry skin/eczema. So, we gave her some and within 2 days, it is gone.

This is what worked for us. I understand that helpless, horrible feeling of not knowing how to help you child. Please talk to your doctor and see doses etc. for your child. Or seek the help of a holistic doctor. You can also research GLA and zinc and eczema on line.
Jessica Parr

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2006

Judged:

Thanks for this im also 14 and everything you've said i have got it. Its all over my neck arms chest but worst on my legs. I keep getting these looks of people in school when i get chaged for games class at my school i get really upset about it. Also i have had lots of days of school to go to the doctors but nothing seems to be working its gets so bad sometimes i cant bend my legs. I have good days and bad days whan its clearing up a bit but then it all comes back not long after. I have tried everything you've said and it does work its just a matter of keeping on top of it all and having a routine and its good to know im not the only one thanks a lot from Jessica x
Kelsi Brandon

Linden, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2007

Judged:

WoW! and i believed that i was alone, im 15 and have had eczema my whole life, its all over my body and its always been there. I've tryed millions of things and they all work to a point then they just don't work as good as they use to. I know there's no cure for it and im probably gonna have it for the rest of my life. I know what it feels like to not be able to show or arms and legs in gym / or at school and when kids see it they freak out and think you have some disease. But i've learned putting lots of lotion on and not getting to hot or cold also helps. well its good to see there is others like me.

Thanks so much, Kelsi brandon flint, michigan
Ruth

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2007

Judged:

does anyone have a suggestion for a good facial foundation to cover dry, flaky, red skin? most foundations flake off during the day and i end up looking worse! i found switching moisturisers after a couple of weeks means your skin doesnt get too dependant on one moisturiser, so if you have two or three and just constantly switch between them. only works for the dryness, not so much for the bad flare-ups!
Dr Manjinder Singh Vrach

Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2007

Judged:

Dear Friends,

As far as the outcome of latest studies going on against "fight against eczema". It is now widely accepted by all systems of medicine that the "Cycle" of Itching is to be reduced / stopped to cure eczema.

My study is based on naturopathy and I have traveled world wide. Visiting many eczema patients and collecting herbal / natural oils.

May be i can help you with treatment after knowing your complete history

I have treated many people by breaking their Itching cycle.

For severe people (either adult having both arms and legs effected or a small child below age 3 having whole body effected with eczema).
The cost of one month course (4 bottles of 30ml oil) is for 120 (UK, Pounds)+ 10 (UK, Pounds) for postage.

For less severe people. Who are effective with eczema only on select parts (like neck, behind knee or on elbows).
The cost of one month course (2 bottles of 30ml oil) is for 60 (UK, Pounds)+ 10 (UK, Pounds) for postage.

The Oils, I prepare are custom made based on your history. All oils are 100% herbal, Contains no steroids or medicine.

We ship world wide from India.

Please visit www.NaturalHealings.in and contact me
gymnastfreak122

Chicago Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2007

I have eczema and everytime it clears up, it comes back again! Eucerin doesn't work for me. I never had it for a few years except in the summer when I get heat rashes but that's it. Maybe a couple months ago, it started up really bad on my shoulders, back, legs were especially bad, arms and a little on the thighs. I am really embarrased to wear shorts in gymnastics class. Summer is coming up and I want to wear all of the cute stuff in Limited Too or Abercrombie but I know I would be getting strange looks. For a month or so I had bumps starting on my legs around the shin. After a while, it got worse and Eucerin lotion I had at home wasn't working. Scabs were growing everwhere. It was horrible! I had to wear long pants in gymnastics even when it was cool out. Now all the girls in my class are wearing capris and I get upset because I can't. My bumps aren't justr a single one here or there, the are clusters and on my arms and thighs they a re the same color as my skin. On my legs where it is the worst, they are red. I shower every day but evne making sure all of the aweat is gone doesn't help my skin. Oh, I wish there was a cure!
Ken

Abbotsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2007

Judged:

There is a "Cure" Gymnast. Your skin is an organ, rashes are just means of getting rid of toxins out of your body because all other means have been over burdoned.

Everyones body reacts different to being "Over-Toxicated" Some people have acne, others have eczema, some people have alzeimers, some poeple have multiple schlorosis, some have breast cancer.

The list goes on.

I have my own subject on this if you wish to read it, it'll save me alot of typing, it's just under this subject I think called 'The simple "Cure" for Eczema and other "Dis-eases"'.

My E-Mail is playr71@hotmail.com if you have any questions.
Dr Manjinder Singh Vrach

Gurgaon, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

Judged:

Esme wrote:
thanks for this, I have a six year old daughter that has eczema, ill try out these suggestions with her. I feel bad that I cant do much about it, and shes starting to be embarrassed about it
Dear Visitors,
Before you start the treatment with our 100% herbal oil.
You can now ask for FREE SAMPLE of 10ml from us.
Use it for a week, see its results and then you can order.
PLEASE NOTE THAT POSTAGE AND PACKING CHARGES HAS TO BE PAID IN ADVANCE.

Please feel free to contact us.

Dr. Manjinder Singh Vrach
Chandigarh, india
www.NaturalHealings.in
Dr Manjinder Singh Vrach

Gurgaon, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

Judged:

Jessica Parr wrote:
Thanks for this im also 14 and everything you've said i have got it. Its all over my neck arms chest but worst on my legs. I keep getting these looks of people in school when i get chaged for games class at my school i get really upset about it. Also i have had lots of days of school to go to the doctors but nothing seems to be working its gets so bad sometimes i cant bend my legs. I have good days and bad days whan its clearing up a bit but then it all comes back not long after. I have tried everything you've said and it does work its just a matter of keeping on top of it all and having a routine and its good to know im not the only one thanks a lot from Jessica x
Dear Visitors,
Before you start the treatment with our 100% herbal oil.
You can now ask for FREE SAMPLE of 10ml from us.
Use it for a week, see its results and then you can order.
PLEASE NOTE THAT POSTAGE AND PACKING CHARGES HAS TO BE PAID IN ADVANCE.
Please feel free to contact us.
Dr. Manjinder Singh Vrach
Chandigarh, india
www.NaturalHealings.in
hopegirl14

Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2007

2 days ago was my 14th birthday. i have had eczema my whole life and i still have it up to now. & i've been so sad lately cuz i just want it to go away.=[ i've been using all kinds of medicine and the itching still doesn't relieve it.
what should i do?
Taylor

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2007

I have eczema trust me it may not be nothing pretty but we shall all over come it I still have eczema]though ,just like jessica i wear the long sleeve shits long pants but i slowly imprvoe take baths twice a day NO SCRACHING.If u use cream DO NOT rub in all hte way leave it and spread it will slowly but surly
soak it all up
Taylor

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2007

Judged:

chris brown has ezema on his foot
Tony

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2007

Judged:

Jessica has a lot of good points. Her approach is what should be done to control eczema. Notice I did not say cure. There is no cure for eczema. The medical term is atopic dermatitis. Atopy refers to an allergic component. Basically the skin barrier is broken down do to a deficiency of certain lipids and ceramide in the skin. It is NOT caused by "toxins", however, food allergies or sensitivities can make it worse.

Steroids are the treatment of choice when severe, sometimes along with an antibiotic since people with eczema have increased counts of bacteria due to a deficiency of ceramides in their skin. Sorry for getting a bit technical.

I am actually a pediatrician with a background in molecular biology. Remember, there is no way you can verify my credentials or anybody elses that wrights a comment. So take everything you read with caution and talk to you physician.
Brett

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2007

Ken wrote:
There is a "Cure" Gymnast. Your skin is an organ, rashes are just means of getting rid of toxins out of your body because all other means have been over burdoned.
Everyones body reacts different to being "Over-Toxicated" Some people have acne, others have eczema, some people have alzeimers, some poeple have multiple schlorosis, some have breast cancer.
The list goes on.
I have my own subject on this if you wish to read it, it'll save me alot of typing, it's just under this subject I think called 'The simple "Cure" for Eczema and other "Dis-eases"'.
My E-Mail is playr71@hotmail.com if you have any questions.
I tried the e-mail address. Do you have a new one? I'd like to read what you have to say on poisoning the body and how to cure it.
Brett

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2007

I would like to know more so we can help our son stop the spread of eczema and give him relief. Where can I read about the simple "Cure"?
Mandie

Saint Albert, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2007

Judged:

Just for all of you sufferers - I'm 21, and I, too, have had eczema my whole life. I've been there with gym classes, and everything else. Throughout Junior High, kids thought that I was a heroin junkie because of how badly the rash would break out on all of my inner joints. They bugged me about it continuously. I found the best way to deal with it was, when experiencing an outbreak, to run the section under extremely cold water, or put ice on it. This seemed to bring down the itch, and as soon as it wasn't itchy anymore to slather perscription cream on and don't do anything until it's soaked in... If possible, repeat the process. If there's a day off for the individual, then spend the day in front of the tv just continually rubbing in moisturizers (unscented, of course). As for dealing with the kids teasing, I always just informed them of what exactly it was, and that I was born with it and that there was nothing I could do about it. It was something that I would have to grow out of (which I almost have YEAH). Usually the kids just felt silly at that point and left me alone. STAY STRONG! Eventually you'll learn to control it the best way for you. Good luck!
Tony

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2007

Judged:

Brett, don't get your hopes up. There is no cure. This forum would not even exist if there was. Some people here have given good advice from personal experience. That is the best you can do for your son. Soak in the bath, moisturize, control the itch, and medical treatment when severe. I have treated TONS of patients with eczema and it is frustrating for the parents as well as the physician. The good news is that so far we have always been able to control it until they either outgrow it or it becomes much milder as they get older. Good luck.
SubW

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2007

True, they're may not be an official 'cure', but I still swear by Healing Anthropology's calendula Salve. My eczema is gone and it worked wonders on my brother's new baby. The baby had severe eczema all over her face and neck, I gave them some salve and when I saw her again 5 days later it was totally cleared up. I swear to god it was like a miracle! I honestly wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. So there is at least one natural remedy out there that works!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fast Cure for Serious Eczema (Dec '08) Aug 12 Lily 24
What Eczema Treatments Have You Tried And Found... (Sep '09) Aug 4 Me I 12
Eczema finally cleared up! Aug 3 faissel Eczema 2
Is there a cure for eczema? (Mar '12) Jul 25 King 29
i have extremely severe eczema EVERYWHERE (Dec '06) Jul 23 Alicia 190
how i cured my eczema Jul '14 Martha 2
Do you really have "Eczema"? Or Topical Steroid... Jul '14 Leslie C 1

Search the Eczema Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000