eczema on eyelids
Jillie

Mountain Home, AR

#63 Mar 1, 2009
I found out from my son's allergy doctor that food allergies can cause eczema, so we had him tested for food allergies. We found out that he was somewhat allergic to corn, milk and chocolate. We have noticed that his eczema gets better when he stays away from these foods. For the people out there with eczema -- have you ever been tested for food allergies? You may find that the reason you are having a severe breakout of eczema is because you ate something you are allergic to the night before! To be tested, you can either do the prick tests on your back, or you can have blood drawn. Hope that helps.
emm123

UK

#64 Mar 19, 2009
i also have eczema on my eyelids i agree dont put anything near your eyes thats not been prescribed by your gp its too dangerous other thsn that all i can say is i still have it now tried cortisones which work only if i apply 3 times a day any helpful replies i would appreciate thanks
Julio

Pompano Beach, FL

#66 Mar 29, 2009
the sad thing about this disease is that theres no cure yet, so going to the doctor is basically the same as going online and trying other bs...throughout my life ive had a bunch of different dermatologists, wed do a run with one, and if after months there was no change we switched..it went this way for a long time, but my eczema wasnt that severe..it started getting really bad after highschool for some reason and would stay year round instead of seasonal..all i know is that its a friggin nightmare to live like this
Bob Ohhhh

Framingham, MA

#67 Mar 31, 2009
Hey-How about that Champoori? Haven't seen any spam from them in the last few posts? What happened? You can usaully count on them to post something every third comment here. Maybe on vacation? Or Resirvatrol or Magic Cream?
whirlwindtu

AOL

#68 Apr 1, 2009
jimmy anderson wrote:
hello i used to have eczema on the eyelids and used cortisone cream and it has mostly gone away but 1 year later my eyelid has became wrinkled and often becomes red but no swollen. do anyone know of a cure to get rid of the qwrinkles so it looks normal again. thanks to anyone
HELLO, WOW, THIS IS ODD TO ME BECAUSE NO ONE I HAVE EVER KNOWN HAD THIS PROBLEM LIKE I DO/DID! I SUFFERED FROM WHAT I THINK WAS ECZEMA AROUND MY EYES FOR YEARS, ESPECIALLY DURING HIGH SCHOOL. THE SKIN ALL AROUND MY EYES WOULD BECOME RED, RAW, BURNING, CRACKED, IT WAS HORRIBLE. THE DOCTORS COULD NOT COME UP WITH ANY CREAMS THAT HELPED AND EVEN THE MILDEST OF THINGS WOULD BURN WHEN I APPLIED THEM. FINALLY I STARTED USING A HYDROCORTISONE OINTMENT FROM OVER THE COUNTER, AND IT FELT SOOTHING BUT DON'T KNOW IF IT ACTUALLY HELPED OR NOT. IT USUALLY TOOK WEEKS FOR EACH BOUT TO HEAL. NOW I COME TO FIND OUT THAT YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO USE HYDROCORTISONE ON YOUR FACE, ESPECIALLY AROUND YOUR EYES BECAUSE IT CAN MAKE THE SKIN THINNER AND MORE SUSCEPTIBLE TO PREMATURE WRINKLING! I AM 41 NOW, BUT STARTED GETTING THIS BAD WRINKLED EFFECT WHEN I WAS MUCH YOUNGER. UNDER MY EYES NOW LOOKS MORE LIKE I AM 60 YEARS OLD, IT'S BAD. I STILL HAVE TIMES WHEN AROUND MY EYES GETS RED AND BURNING AND CRACKED, LIKE RIGHT NOW. IT'S AWFUL. I OFTEN WONDER IF IT IS REALLY ECZEMA, OR IS IT ACTUALLY SOMETHING ELSE? I HAVE NOT BEEN TO A DERMATOLOGIST FOR IT IN A LONG TIME, PERHAPS I SHOULD GO BACK AND SEE IF THEY HAVE COME UP WITH SOMETHING NEW, OR IF THEY NOW MAYBE KNOW WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING UNDER MY EYES.....SORRY, THIS ISN'T ANY HELP FOR YOU, I JUST WANTED TO REPLY BECAUSE I ALWAYS THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO SUFFERED FROM THIS WEIRD PAINFUL THING!
slc

Moraga, CA

#69 Apr 9, 2009
aloe vera plant cleared up ezcema on my eye lids.
jimmy anderson wrote:
hello i used to have eczema on the eyelids and used cortisone cream and it has mostly gone away but 1 year later my eyelid has became wrinkled and often becomes red but no swollen. do anyone know of a cure to get rid of the qwrinkles so it looks normal again. thanks to anyone
slc

Moraga, CA

#70 Apr 9, 2009
aloe vera plant cleared up ezcema on my eye lids. i just cut a piece of a day and applied it to the affected areas.
lyds

Sun City, CA

#71 Apr 26, 2009
i just started having eczema flair ups on my eyelids and undereyes this past year. i was prescribed locoid lipocream which is a hydrocortisone cream in a safe concentration for the face. it cleared up the patches of scaly skin very quickly, like, a couple days. but i still didnt feel right about putting it on my face for an extended period of time. elidel didnt work for me, but i started putting l'occitane %100 shea butter on the areas usually affected for maintenance. it comes in a little tin that costs around $9. that pretty much keeps the flair ups from coming back. if i stop putting the shea butter, after a while i will get a flair up that i treat with the locoid, and then a switch back to shea butter once everything is back to normal. google 'shea butter' and eczema, one of the uses of shea butter is listed as treating eczema. so, i suggest trying it to see if it works for you.
lyds

Sun City, CA

#72 Apr 26, 2009
ps. the shea butter tin lasts a month or two, and i get really bad chapped lips sometimes, shea butter really helps with that too. its only 9 bucks (way cheaper than a prescription), so i say its worth a try.
Ouch

Glendale, CA

#73 Apr 28, 2009
I had horrible eczema as kid,(neck, ears, hands, in the bends of the arms was the worst). I am now in my early 20's and the last couple of months it has come back around my eyes, on my neck and on my arms. It's is sooooo uncomfortable and embarrassing. I just order the small jar or the healing anthropology salve, hoping it will make an improvement on my condition. Anyone experience any with this product? I'm also taking omega acidophiles, and b-6 to try to resolve the problem from the inside. I don't really know how to start to heal because i have read about soooo many different remedies.:(
Midwesterner

Sugar Grove, IL

#74 Apr 28, 2009
I don't think it's necessarily bad to do some research into the things posters have suggested here-- in fact, many of the natural-based products I am using now for my skin are the best. I can't use the typical store stuff anymore.
I also have eyelid eczema and it's horrible-- the areas near my eyelid crease look dark and I can't wear makeup. I'm willing to give the calendula a try-- my brother also has skin issues (psoriasis) and the Dr. gave him some steroid which has permanently scarred his skin, making it look patchy like he was a burn victim.
I've also been given elidel, which made my skin look taut, thin, and shiny-- like a burn scar that didn't heal well. I stopped using it after a week because it drew MORE attention than the actual eczema itself. So now for my skin I use Burt's Bees, everyday minerals, or other natural-based products. It beats the burning and weird skin that the steroid stuff gives you. I'm waiting on my calendula and I'll give it a couple weeks to see how it works.
kimberley

Chicago, IL

#75 May 6, 2009
I recently purchased the product and it made a significant difference. The itching is gone as are the dry flaking patches. Thanks so much to everyone who shared the product information!
Olga

Minneapolis, MN

#76 Jun 17, 2009
Boil some wAter than add camomiel, let water cool, once cooled apply to eyes, you can use a shot class, make sure not to apply the same water to eye more than once. then cut cucumber and place on eye for 15 min
Ruth40

Truro, UK

#78 Jun 22, 2009
My Name is CJ wrote:
Look everyone, you should go to the doctor. that is stupid to be putting all kinds of creams on your eyelids. Theres only like less than a centimeter between the eyeball and the eyelid and you people are talking about putting all kinds of things that could have chemicals in them on your eyes. I wouldnt trust anything a doctor doesnt tell me when messing with the eyes, you could go blind if it seeps into the skin and on your eyeball. think about it.
It's understandable that you think the doctor is the safest place to go but funnily enough, it is often the doctor who will rescribe the most dangerous creams of all - steroids!

Treatment for eczema has not progressed since the 70's in healthcare and when my eczema was bad on my face, my doctor enthusiastically encouraged the use of steroids, yes all over the face.

I think the 100% natural creams that have been recommended are great and I have tried many products from the burts bees range with good effect. I found some great natural methods for treating eczema and resources at http://www.remedyforeczemablog.com if you havn't aready seen it.

Cheers.
annalise

Surrey, Canada

#79 Jul 17, 2009
CJ thanks but no thanks for YOUR advise- I mean. Everyone here is just looking for a cure and besides if their doctors had such great advise in the first place wouldn't we all be healed already...don't ya think
Alex

Wellington, New Zealand

#80 Aug 24, 2009
I have always struggled with eczema on my eyelids hoping to wake up one day and expect them to be gone, but to no avail. I have tried all sorts of things under the sun but my eczema still didn't let up until one of my best mates saw what this was doing to me and highly recommended a natural treatment that he had used to help treat his eczema. So I visited the site:
http://www.disappeareczema.com
With in a day of taking the product I saw a dramatic difference around my eyes, the dry cracks and scaly flakes were starting to be less and less each day until within a week it had completely cured my eczema eyelid problem. Thanks Mike for introducing me to this product you are truly a life saver.
OFELIA

Carrollton, TX

#81 Aug 25, 2009
YO TENGO ECZEMA DESDE HACE 20 ANOS ,FUI AL DERMATOLOGO Y EL ME RESETO PARA LA CARA "PROTOPIC"SOLO QUE CUANDO LA USO, SIENTO CALIENTE EL AREA DONDE LA PUSE NO IMEDIATAMENTE HASTA EL DIA SIGUIENTE. Y SI ESTOY EN UN LUGAR CALUROSO SIENTO CON MAS INTENSIDAD .NO TENGO REACIONES SOLO SENSACION EN LA PIEL.EL AREA DEL LOS OJOS L;A TENGO MALTRATADA CON RESEQUEDAD ESTA MEDICINA ME HIDRATA? QUISIERA SABER SI ALGUIEN MAS LA USA Y SI SENTE LO MISMO QUE YO ...GRACIAS
Jessica

UK

#82 Aug 30, 2009
Any ladies ( or indeed men) using yves saint laurent touché éclat concealer stop using it. This caused a shocking bout of eczema all over my eyes until someone let me know that product is awful for eczema sufferers. Apparently, it became such a popular prodcut that they tried to bring down their manufacturing costs resulting in a shockingly irritant of a concealer.
mac

Santa Ana, CA

#83 Aug 31, 2009
celestone solus and/or kenalog injections.

i promise it works.
Common Sense

Seattle, WA

#84 Sep 18, 2009
Hmmm... "DBeth" and "ann1" are both promoting the Healing Anthropology Calendula Salve product, and they're both from Phoenix, AZ. I wonder where Healing Anthropology is based.

*checks Healing Anthropology website*

Oh hey, whaddya know! Phoenix!

I have eczema on my hands. The steroid gel my doctor gave me (Desonate, of which the main ingredient is desonide) works when I don't forget to apply it twice a day, but something about putting steroids on an open rash all the time rubs me wrong.

I love how it's nearly impossible to cut through the marketing BS for natural remedies online.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help-new May 7 Julie 1
My eczema was cured- A story from a 14 year old... (Jun '06) May 4 Justmeinak 266
I give up (Jan '09) Apr 30 Kat 16
i have extremely severe eczema EVERYWHERE (Dec '06) Apr 30 Kat 194
Is there a cure for eczema? (Mar '12) Apr 30 Theyna313 42
my 5-yr old scrotum eczema is cured (Aug '10) Apr '17 Hdv 4
Frustrated (Oct '06) Apr '17 Adana 6
More from around the web