Roberta

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2008

I don't know who's telling the truth or not, but I did end up buying the calendula salve from the online store based in Kansas ( carenonline.com ). I worked like a miracle for me but my niece I gave it too had an allergic reaction. Just goes to show you have to test things til you find the right one for your skin. Good lluck everyone!
Patty

De Forest, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

My daughter has eczema very badly. I've used evrything under the sun trying to help it. I've always used Oil of Olay facial moisturizer on my face so thougt I would try it on her face as a moisturizer, not thinking it would really 'help' the eczema. After using it a few days her face dramatically improved...even her scally eyelids. Now I use it regularly on her face and it is the only thing that helps. I've tried it on other parts of the body for the eczema but it doesn't seam to work there. I think the face oils must be different. It's a safe product since it is made for the face.
Scott

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2008

Pat, hello. You can order herbal anti-eczema Cream from http://www.champori.com/ Apply it thinly to affected area 2-3 times a day and you should see the results in a about a week. If there is no improvement - just send Champori an email and they will refund your money. It works better than any other remedy I tried for my eczema.
Cheers,
SK
Finneus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

CJ is right... Go to THE Doctor.. Since it's the only Doctor around.
Must be great being THE Doctoer..

P.S. I wouldn't trust anything a doctor tells you about creams and salves since most of the crap they push are samples from drug reps.

99.9% of all physicians do not read medical journals nor do they do continuing education. They simply prescribe what a drug rep pays them to prescribe.

Always look for an alternative in the form of herbal and natural products or homeopathics.
Finneus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

CJ is right... Go to THE Doctor.. Since it's the only Doctor around.
Must be great being THE Doctoer..
P.S. I wouldn't trust anything a doctor tells you about creams and salves since most of the crap they push are samples from drug reps.
99.9% of all physicians do not read medical journals nor do they do continuing education. They simply prescribe what a drug rep pays them to prescribe.
Always look for an alternative in the form of herbal and natural products or homeopathics.
Janes Granny

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

This entire Forum is just one big commercial venue, CJ. ALL posts are for advertizing purposes only. Have no doubt about it.
amb-nyc

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2008

Judged:

I have eczema, my derm, tells me, as bad as he has ever seen. By the way, he is always in NY mags, Best Docs issue, does not take insurance, and my husband and I have spent so much money out of pocket it is insane. By the way, my dad is a doc in TX too, and I have had this my whole life. I have never had it on my eyes, until moving to NYC. I have tried everything. Phototherapy for 7 months, elidel (more effective) than protopic (for me) for they eyes, numerous stronger ones for body, you name them, I have them all ... drawers full. That does not include the countless (turns out unnecessary) RXs from the allergists ... which leaves me with a well meaning, Ophtmalmologit who had who had never seen anything like my eyes before and gave me 3 creams and 3 drops ... all the wrong thing, of course. He stayed up nights, at home, to find out what was wrong. Which led me to my expensive Doc. Guys, I have tried all of the other stuff too. I am here the same as you. It would make me sick if someone is here selling false hope. I would be happy to share my experience, believe me ... I have been through it all. Biopsies, patch-tested for environmental allergies twice, even misdiagnosed with Lupus ... just overnight, thank god. I am about to try acupuncture.
I have every creme, supplement, soak, lotion, potion, both RX, natural remedy, high end cosmetic cure, etc... I have tried everything I can read about, or find on my own. I have spent so much money it makes me want to throw up. I do wear make up on good days, and can feel great, hot even. The bad days suck though, I suffer, the pain can be unbearable. If you are reading this, I guess you can relate. Good luck. And ... if you are on here trying to profit from those of us that suffer, then shame on you... truly, shame on you.
amb-nyc

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2008

Judged:

Here are some of the things that I have found.

Inexpensive soothers...

1. Boil water to fill a bowl with 4 or 5 bags of chamomile tea, or you can even use plain old Liptons. I make it strong to reserve half in the fridge for the next time. Take the other half and add a bunch of ice and soak a wash cloth. I swear, it will take the swelling, redness, and puffiness down. Try and keep dunking and applying for at least 5 to 10 minutes. If my face is very red and reactive too, I put it on my whole face, but usually concentrate on my painful eyes. It really helps.

2. I agree, Vaseline to clean, damp eyes is very soothing, especially at night. I sometimes put it on after letting the the Elidel sit for about an hour, which can really burn, to sooth that. Not so great for the daytime, as it is goopy and can attract dust to your lashes, etc.

3. I was using this stuff called Squalene oil, which seemed to help, as a maintenance, if I was in good shape after using the meds a few days. Not a commercial, it is at health food stores, not that expensive, about 14 bucks, I think. It was okay, I used it all over, under moisturizer, including on my eyes. I would give it a 8 out of 10, I guess... worked as good as rose oil, and a lot cheaper. It was a Japanese brand. I will buy more, I am out, of it. The rose oil, which is good, is very expensive ... around 70, I think.

The only other personal advice I will offer tonight is that for me, Elidel though it burns, has been better for me than the Protopic around my eyes and mouth. The Protopic, after about 20 seems to stay more goopy, making me want to tear into my eyes more while I sleep, I have to get up, and wash it away. It also leaves bumps, like little pimples around my eyelids, and around my mouth. They are not pimples, they are just little white itchy bumps? The Elidel is more drying, so I have to put other things on top of it, I am a master of applying Kielhl'd lip Balm without even waking up, probably 5 times a night.

I will write more, I hope this helps someone. If anyone has sincere questions, please ask. If anyone has sincere advice, please, please offer. Thanks.
My Name is TJ

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2008

Judged:

CJ, let you in on a secret? Everybody here talking about a product - is promoting it. This so-to-speak Forum is just one giant advertizing venue. Take everything you read here with a fistful of salt.
amb-nyc

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2008

Judged:

My Name is TJ wrote:
CJ, let you in on a secret? Everybody here talking about a product - is promoting it. This so-to-speak Forum is just one giant advertizing venue. Take everything you read here with a fistful of salt.
I hope you, and others will read my posts. I have nothing to gain. I suffer as much, if not more (according to my doc) than any he has seen. As I have said, I have spent so much money I want to puke. I am trying to offer only my story, nothing more. There are no miracle cures people, that I KNOW!
audrey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

YOU ARE RIGHT CJ ,BUT I HAVE SUCH ITCHY EYELIDS THAT I AM READY TO TRY ANYTHING.
Jayme

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

I am all for the natural cures but I agree that who knows what is just a commecial! I ahve a steroid cream from the dr which I only use when my eczema is REALLY bad ie cracked and bleeding skin. This particular creamis ok for the face and is meant to be proven to be ok for even babies... However I still don't like using it BUT as I do get it on my eyelids I have used it there, I want to to go away and not be there as the eczema makes my eyes look puffy and wrinkled
st-z

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2008

Yazzle wrote:
<quoted text>Bizarrely enough I think it is a product WITH Calendula which caused my eyelid eczema!!!
Not so bizaar---it happened to me, too! I have many allergies and one I found out is to calendula. Also camomile creams!
Sara from Toronto ON

Pickering, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

hi, firstly, I'm sooooo glad & thankful I found this site. For 7 years, I have suffered with really bad eczema over my eyelids. Every morning, no matter how many thick layers of vaseline i put over my eyelids the night before, my eyelids would become crusty and dry and flaky the next morning. I have very dark circles around my eyes, so when I wore makeup, it would get even worst. My dermatoligist moved from one treatment to another - hydrocortisone cream, protopic, elidel. I used elidel for 1 year, to the point that I was pretty much addicted- if i went off for one day, my eyelids would flake up the next day. 2 weeks ago, I suffered an eczema attack. My eyelids were crusting and bleeding and sooo itchy. Elidel didn't even work. I became depressed and broke down one day. I went to the walk in clinic and despite my comment to the doctor that hydrocortisone doesn't work for me, he gave it to me again and the 1 percent hydrocortisone acetate worked just fine to stop the itching. Problem was, my eyelids were still very hard and tight and very dry - not soft like they should be. I softly peeled off these tight layers with a tweezer and this revealed soft skin below. The best way to KEEP the skin feel soft, for me anyway, was to put a lot of water over the area, and then while it is STILL MOIST, apply BURT;S BEES LIP AND HONEY LIP BALM as the comment above said. I haven't tried burt's bee's royal jelly cream, but I might do that considering the other comment below. I avoid putting make up over the area, and if i do, very lightly i use hypoallerginic makeup only (ie. Vichy has a really good concealer). I hope this comment helps someone - you might want ot try going back to a milder steroid even if your eczema seems really bad it might actually work better because its less stronger on the eyelid area. And the Burt's bee's product is really what i call my miracle cream. Oh, and another thing I've done too is I drink 1 tablespoon of omega 3 oil every morning. It helps a lot to work from the inside out. MY eyelids finally, for the first time after many years, feel soft when I wake up in the morning. I hope this helps someone out there- don't give up. There is relief.
ChrisP

Basingstoke, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

Maybe Bio Oil?
Rory

Oviedo, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

I agree with CJ there are a lot of products being plugged here. But the problem is how do we all treat eczema. I think we all try things and if they work we give the products a shout. My wife gets really dry eyes and crusty eczema around them. We've tried all sorts of compresses including soaked oats in bags but actually a product really helped. Sorry CJ! http://www.skinshop.co.uk/item.asp... It doesn't sting when it gets in the eyes and soothes them immediately.
Rory

Oviedo, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Also it is easy to say that you should go to the doctor. But doctors only seem to prescribe steroids which are actually extremely harsh chemicals. I have personally found they really thin my skin and there is no way i would want them near my eyes!!
Karen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Hi all - I just was diagnosed with eyelid eczema and I am really upset. My eyes are ithcing, burning and I cannot sleep. Please can someone recommend anything natural? Karen
Aimee

Sutton Montis, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

I developed dry red scaly skin on my eyelids when i was 13, the doctors werent to sure what it was, they prescribed me thousands of creams which only helped temporarily. So one day when i was at a friends house i forgot my cream so she leant me some of her eczema cream called eumorate ointment, it works a treat! In a couple of hours my eyes were back to normal :D
Lou

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

I have used the emollient cream Cetraben, I used to have a real problem with eczema on my eyelids and you can put this on as much as you like, so I found it a real help

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Eczema Forum right now

Search the Eczema Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is there a cure for eczema? (Mar '12) Jul 25 King 29
i have extremely severe eczema EVERYWHERE (Dec '06) Jul 23 Alicia 190
Eczema finally cleared up! Jul 22 Alicia 1
how i cured my eczema Jul 20 Martha 2
Do you really have "Eczema"? Or Topical Steroid... Jul 19 Leslie C 1
The ocean did WONDERS for sons eczema!!! (Aug '08) Jul 18 Steampunk 38
Eczema Treatment (Aug '06) Jul 15 faissel Eczema 250
•••
•••