Help for a New Parent of a child with eczema?

Posted in the Eczema Forum

Janelle Hudson

Orlando, FL

#1 Aug 22, 2011
Hi everybody! I recently gave birth to a wonderful little boy who is now turning 4 later this month. My husband and I noticed his skins condition being overtaken by random spots of bright red rough skin all over. We took him to our doctor and were informed that it was eczema which could lead to dyshidrosis and other problems...:( I decided to do research of my own and I came across many conflicting views. However, I did come across a few quality websites with some nice tips and information such as:

http://www.wikipedia.com
http://mydyshidroticeczema.com
and now Topix :)
But im rambling, I just wanted to know of any tips for a new parent like myself that this community felt was necessary.
All help appreciated thanks!
Stela

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#2 Oct 26, 2011
My daughter suffered from eczma for the first 4.5 years of her life. we spend thousends of dollars in cremes and docter fees and the cortison only seemed to help. I have recently visited a doctor in Germany who send a stuhl sample to the laboraty to check how out of balance the intestine flora was. The test result showed that it was slightly out of balance and he prescribed a lacto bacteria product called Paidoflor. www.mikrokosmos-darm.de/ardeypharm/paidoflor/ and Colibiogen Kids together with two weeks of a no sugar diet while taking the medication. Also he recommended the Bioturm Silber Salbe Creme.
One week into the diet the sore eczma scaped over. After two weeks it had disappeared. Now 2 months later of no eczma I feel the urge to let people know! My daughter now joins swimming lessons without feeling the effect of chlorined water, she has deep sleeps without scatching herself, no more bloody bedsheets and no more cortisone.
How grateful can one be? The answer is simple. When you are a parent of a child suffering from eczma you are prepared to try almost anything. Get your childs stuhl sample tested today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
100% natural hand cream is finally doing it - h... Fri Kristina 1
Selexir Fri SELEXIR 2
My eczema was cured- A story from a 14 year old... (Jun '06) Apr 15 Mahtab 245
Eczema and birth control (Mar '12) Apr 11 Brownjaffa 8
Discipline to stop child from scratching?? (Feb '11) Apr 10 Joy 8
what cured me from dyshydrotic eczema . Apr 9 anj 1
I found a NEW treatment for eczema! It is worki... (Sep '11) Mar 29 Clairvaux 28
More from around the web