Eczema treatment success! many tried mini reviews

Posted in the Eczema Forum

Gra

Birkenhead, UK

#1 Aug 27, 2012
Hey, feel i had to share my findings with fellow suffers out there, in the hope you can find the relief i have.

eczma type - i had extremely red, itchy and sore
patches on legs, backs of knees, ankles and 1 butt cheek! also my skin went funny on my finger with little blisters under the skin??

cause - heat and unavaoidable aggrevation from friction off clothes and bed sheets, unbearable and had to scratch it to point of bleeding etc. skin was properly messed up around ankle.

----------
FOR PEOPLE WHO JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT WORKED,
METANIUM nappy rash ointment.
----------

after trying about a dozen products this worked, and fast, i'm talking relief in hours and major improvement within a day. it stays on, really hard to rub off which means it protects and for want of better words, eats away the eczema. available from chemists such as the 1 that sounds like ROOTS. and its under 3.

in 48 hrs i've gone from itchy red sores(6 weeks old) to barely noticeable skin coloured patches with a small amount of flaky dry skin, which i will treat with some moisturizer when its gone 100%. the skin on my ankle is still a little worse than rest like you would expect, but there is NO MORE ITCHING!

products tried over about 6 weeks.

hydrocortisone ointmet 0.5%- was ok worked a little and helped with itching, but it soon came back.

eumovate ointment (clobetstone butyrate 0.05%)- slightly better than above, but then it seemed to make it worse.

E45 - again offered some temporay relief.

HC45 - temporaryt itch relief.

ALOE VERA GEL organic (and with added vit a,e)- worked better than above particulary on finger, but only with frequent application. eczema came back. i may use as moisturizer later on.

AQEOUS CREAM - left this on which is wrong i think but didn't worked. good for washing hands though.

COCONUT OIL - initially i thought this was the cure i had been looking for, takes a while to soak in and skin went redder first, then looked better later. but again only temporary relief.

CASTOR OIL - simlar results to coconut, but sometimes seemed to make it worse. i like the way it saoks in real quick though and may try it as a moisturizer later on.

HONEY - this was quite good, again thought i'd cracked it, worked for a while.

RAPSEED OIL - not sure this did much.

OLIVE OIL - better than rapseed, but not much.

SUDACREM - this helped a lot, and almost got rid of it. but just when i thought i'd won, it came back. tried it again the other day and it made it worse however.

BAPANTHEN - no joy with this.

METANIUM - my eczema has all but gone in less than 48hrs, despite having the usual triggers present.

the other thing i do is cut up socks under my clothes (tape or plasters worked ok too) and place over effected areas after metanium has dried a bit.

i had eczema in these places when i was a kid too, really bad, only wish i knew back then.

i was determined to find something that worked, and believed that eventually i would find something, a bit of research on the net and some trial and error and its like a miracle.

using this method i also found a "cold sore" zapper/preventer in "SURGICAL SPIRIT". really works and cost pennies compared to usual creams.

hope these work for u, like they have for me. i can get on with my life and not have to worry about them.

cheers
Gra

Birkenhead, UK

#2 Aug 30, 2012
additional - after a few days with the metanium my skin started to become more flaky and i could tell that now it just required moisture, so i stopped with the metanium and switched to zinc with castor oil cream, with just a very small amount of metanium on top after it had soaked in for a while.

did this for a 2 days and then switched to coconut oil and the bapanthen. i'd have prob used the castor oil on its own but ran out.

at the moment the skin is dry but virtually no redness, it still gets itchy/ slightflare up with heat,friction but much less. just a case of letting the skin repair itself now and continuing with some moisturising. got some calendular and jojoa oil on order to try.

i think there isn't 1 thing that cures all, u just need to try diff things. the metanium is absolutley the best thing for the really red itchy nasty stuff though.

cheers
Sharon

Perth, Australia

#3 Dec 9, 2013
Hi there
Well for me ,,, Basics Zinc and Castor Oil cream worked.... I have been sufffering for a long time and over the past 6 months my rosascea has gone to full blown puscles down one side of my face. I had been under a lot of stress at work. I was desperate. My dematologist told me that It was time for me to come off of my medications (doxy) but found that each time I tried to reduce the lumps and bumps would appear bigger than ever. When they appeared the situation would last at least 4 weeks and was horrible. I started too do relaxation and concentrated on calming thoughts. Decided to start research on the net as a last resort. Luckily for me not far into my studies I found Zinc and castor oil cream reviews and thought I would give it a go. Wow!!! Plaster my face afer cleansing before bed. Lay in bed and massage my face all over whilst doing my relaxation. It feels great also. Massage most in so say 5-10 mins and thats it. Wake in the morning and see the difference. It only took me 2 days to start to notice the change. I am two weeks in and very happy with results. I am also looking into deficiencies in minerals like Zinc and Magnesium. Redness is gone and my skin feels amazing.
Hope this helps someone as much as it helped me....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I found a NEW treatment for eczema! It is worki... (Sep '11) 13 hr Clairvaux 28
Surprised! There IS a Cure for Eczema?! (Mar '12) 14 hr ash 23
My sister makes fun of my eczema! (Apr '12) Mar 25 Smokey11 7
Herbal remedies that healed my eczema Mar 16 Reagan88 1
Cure for eczema - what worked for me Mar 15 jdstew76 1
My eczema story may help you! (Sep '13) Mar 11 woody 5
Poll What Eczema Treatments Have You Tried And Found... (Sep '09) Mar 4 Yvoo 19
More from around the web