I found a NEW treatment for eczema! It is working for me!

Posted in the Eczema Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 11

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Sep 7, 2011
for the last 4 years i have had terrible bouts of eczema and dyshydrotic eczema and generalized eczema. once a flair starts it becomes terrible!! i have tried everything and i know some of the triggers. i have found it is mostly diet related and life style related however once a flare starts then it is a cascade and gets worse. I am a doctor and i doubt most everything without trying it first. So i have tried everything and i can tell you what really works! i am not promoting anything i am only posting here to see if anyone here has had similar experience and has had results so i can get more specific on my regimin.
i had tried steroids and h2 blockers which do help but the side effects of steroids are terrible-hair loss and pimples .

i was taking CISSUS- a natural supplement , and taking for a shoulder injury

high dose VITAMIN A

DHEA- 12.5mg-25mg a day

so once i started taking these my eczema improved DRAMATICALLY!! and RESOLVED QUICKLY!

once again

VITAMIN A-5-10,000 units/day
DHEA-12.5-25mg /day
CISSUS-3,000-5000mg /day

ANYONE ELSE TRIED THIS COMBINATION? IF NOT PLEASE TRY AND LET ME KNOW !
enlightment

Gdansk, Poland

#2 Oct 3, 2011
high doses of vitamin A are toxic to the liver and cause very serious side effects, I hope you know that.
Dhea

Bowie, MD

#3 Apr 22, 2012
I have tried DHEA, only for a few days, and it has elimininated my eczema. I also take B6 (250mg), folic acid (400mcg) and B12 (1000mcg). The only other effective treatment for me is sun exposure.
RITA

Belvidere, IL

#5 Oct 20, 2012
I have had what I assume is exzema for over a year. Cortisomes no longer work . it has spread from shin bone on left leg up to hip, right leg, back and upper arms. The itch can become extreme and affects sleep. I have lost faith in doctors as all they seem to do is give me stronger ointments that cost up to $80.00 . It simply chases the rash from one area to another.

Has anyone ever suspected gluten being the culprit, or is that crazy? I have been using gluten in homemade bread for some time now.
maira

United States

#6 Oct 25, 2012
was so enlightened when reading about doctor who uses vitamin A treatment for eczema.....then i read that it is toxic to live and has bad side effects.......now what do we do?
Med

Sherman Oaks, CA

#8 Nov 6, 2012
No medication will help. The only thing you can do is relax, meditate and not scratch. The only cure is not scratching. Sorry, but there are no miracle meds. It is a shitty condition you are stick with. You must stop scratching. You've become addicted to the scratching. It almost feels orgasmic. You must stop. It is the only way to rid yourself of this terrible affliction.
Amerie

Hollywood, FL

#9 Nov 19, 2012
To Med...first of all why would you tell people who are affected by this awful disease that no medication will help. Aren't you a pessimistic fool. You have no idea of what you are talking about. To all those who are reading this, please do not give up hope in finding a treatment for this disease. Where there is a will there is a way. Good luck
Laura

Bakersfield, CA

#10 Dec 17, 2012
I have eczema since I was 2, I am 23. My poor parents tried everything and I have learned it is a nerve disorder. When I used to fight with my siblings growing up I would be clawing at my arms and legs. Even now as a married woman I catch myself doing it when my husband and I argue. I learned around 12 acrylic nails help, you can't break the skin but that doesn't help you men.

I know if I am wearing a fabric that irritates my nerves I'll start itching. Don't know how to help with just having dry skin though, at least there are no more sores or staph.
Rhonda Williams

Costa Mesa, CA

#11 Dec 18, 2012
I am looking for a few people to try a new skin cream designed to help sooth dry itchy skin. If you are interested, please email me your name and address for terms and conditions of your free trial. This is a limited time offer.
Only a few samples available.
customersupport@spoilednatural ly.com
Caren

Australia

#12 Jan 3, 2013
I have suffered with chronic eczema all my life and turn 50 next month. I have tried every treatment, from steroids(which have thinned my skin terribly) to numerous alternatives including Chinese herbs which did ease it for a while.
Last year a friend said she had heard of someone with psoriasis who had been taking turmeric and that it helped and wondered if it may do the same for my eczema. Wasn't sure how I was supposed to take it but went to health food store and they sold it in capsule form, took one 600mg capsule a day and skin was 50% better within a month, by 2 months I was clear. Have been taking one capsule a day now for almost a year and its the most relief I've had from eczema in my whole 50 years. Too scared to stop taking it! Because so many things haven't worked for me over the years I didn't believe for one minute it would work but so glad I gave it a try. My grown up son suffers eczema too and he has had success with turmeric as well.
It may not work for everyone but its worth a try if you've been suffering and tried everything. Be interested to hear if anyone else has tried it.
Kim

Kitchener, Canada

#13 Jan 5, 2013
Hi everyone, I canít tell you how thankful I am to find this blog. Iíve had a war with eye lid eczema for about 6 months now (on a off) and yesterday, was my very worse dayÖ.ever! So embarrassing and so painful and SO UGLY. Had to even leave work (I never do that) Came home and did some research and made an appointment with a good allergist. My family doc prescribed a 0.5 percent coritcosteroid cream called Verdeso and it hasnít helped. Have done rounds of prednizone and like most, as soon as I stopÖitís back! Iíve read almost every post and have picked up so many pointers. Iím going to focus on what fingering out triggers my eczema through testing and focus on eating healthy and exercising more. Thanks again everyone for all your help and advice. Something I learned yesterday that seems to have helped the swelling and the itch, vitamin E oil...Good luck to all of you too!
Revilo

Kisa, Korea

#14 Apr 25, 2013
I have eczema in the genital area for almost 6 months now. At first, I thought it was a fungal infection as the symptoms and appearance are similar. I've tried all sorts of -azole type of creams (tioconazole, ketoconazole, clotrimazole). I also took keton meds, and fluconazole. It worked for a while and then it stopped working. Now the skin is so thin that even when I get an erection, the skin breaks. It is very painful. Last night, I started using Vandol (vitamin A ointment) and so far, the itching and scaling has gone. I'm on my third application this afternoon as I have to do it 3 times a day. It does seem to have improved the condition of my skin. I hope it will get cured before July when my girlfriend comes home from overseas work.
Steven

Adelaide, Australia

#15 May 18, 2013
I am a 25 year old male. on a disability support pension. I have had eczema for my entire life and I have yet to find anything that really works. I have tried the lot. from steroid creams to bathing in oatmeal. I am currently in the middle of a very bad breakout. skin is dry and peeling and has been weeping a lot. I have to wait another 4 months before I can get into see my dermatologist. if anyone know of anything cheap I can try please email me at steven.searle11@gmail.com
Dave Peterson

Bournemouth, UK

#16 May 19, 2013
enlightment wrote:
high doses of vitamin A are toxic to the liver and cause very serious side effects, I hope you know that.
They also heal...I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT.
JoAnne

New Market, VA

#18 Sep 12, 2013
I was diagnosed with this annoying disorder 3 years ago......went through all the steroid things until I finally said NO more!! About 6 Months ago I tried Derma E Psorzema creme and that worked up until now.....I wish someone would find something that actually works and keeps working as I cant stand not being able to use my hands when there is a breakout..it has now gotten to the point of my fingers splitting and bleeding....
Roxy

Brandon, MS

#20 Sep 19, 2013
I've had eczema all of my life too! One thing that I found that helps is drinking oolong tea. I also purchased cerave which helps but isn't enough. Aquaphor helps peel away my dry skin. To ease the itching my doctor prescribed hydroxyzine and it does help. I currently use tar soap and then moisturize with the cerave on my damp skin & seal it with diaper rash ointment(40% zinc oxide) & aquaphor. One thing I have changed is my diet. I now buy healthy & avoid processed foods. My skin is starting to heal. So guys please change your diet & try to minimize the scratching. I've ordered some lavender flower water to help with my itching. I wear gloves to bed because I scratch in my sleep. Take some type of allergy medicine that will knock you out so you don't itch. I hear that bag balm works wonders so I will be testing that out too. I will give you guys an update.
leia

Downey, CA

#21 Oct 31, 2013
I have had eczema for almost a year now. The doctors are useless.

I have now gotten the best result so far with zinc (50mg) each day, both taken as a supplement and dissolved in water and applied topically. This is as clear as it has ever gotten.

I also recently started taking DHEA (12mg). I have read that there is a connection between hormones and eczema breakouts and so I thought I'd try to regulate my hormones - I am 47 and starting to feel perimenopause. I don't know if the DHEA is contributing to clearing up the eczema, but I feel GREAT while taking it. It is such a clear difference when I take DHEA. I really have the nergy I had in my 20;s - pretty awesome.
Cheryl

Portadown, UK

#23 Nov 21, 2013
I have been dealing with eczema for 8years, I am now 25. I have been using topical steroids regularly and was only ever told that it thins your skin, I was never told that you skin actually gets addicted to these creams and it is no longer an eczema flare up but you skin 'craving' the creams! It was only when I done some research into what the real effects where to long term topical steroid use that I learn this. I have since stopped all steroids creams my skin is going through what I can only describe as withdrawls. CONSTANT ITCHING very red weeping patches. BUT there is good news a work friend of mine recommended Vitamin E cream to me as someone they new that was a sufferer swore by it.(now keep in mind NO moisturiser worked for me I was alliergic to them all) well it has been a God send to me, my skin within minutes felt better, and days after finishing the steroid creams and using the vitamin E cream my skin has cleared up! I do still get quite itch but I am now starting to think the scratching is more physiological and out of habbit! So for that symptom I am still on my antihistamine.

I hope this helps someone else because I really wish someone had told me about this a long time ago!!

I also hope it keeps working for me because I have never been able to find a trigger!:(
Destiny

Columbus, MS

#24 Jan 17, 2014
Gluten is definitely something that affects eczema. One of my doctors recently told me to go all gluten free and I Almost cried because I was fed gluten free in the hospital and it was terrible but as I went along I found some awesome stuff completely gluten free and it has even made me lose weight even tho im still Eating alot Like before. To anyone with health problems please try a gluten free diet just For a week its expensive I know but quacker does some gluten free and dont get discouraged ill pray y'all Have an impact as good or better:)

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#25 Jan 20, 2014
Had first bout of eczema at 50. Been trying every ointment ,lotion and oils I could get my hands on. Eczema on hands. Two different dermatologist.
Been praying for healing . This started in Oct. 2013.
Second doctor prescribed Cordran tape with Flurandreolide. Been using for 10 days every night leaving on for 12 hours.
Hands have improved by 75%.
I thank God that he brought me to this second doctor and she prescribed meds that are working for me.
And I praise God for his healing touch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
People say this All Natural Eczema Oil really w... 15 hr justanotherlady 1
What Eczema Treatments Have You Tried And Found... (Sep '09) 15 hr justanotherlady 13
My eczema was cured- A story from a 14 year old... (Jun '06) Sat Lawd 232
A almost 100% recovery from the most severe ecz... (Apr '10) Fri Karen J 21
Salt Water Cures Dry Eczema Sep 19 mahonian 1
How long does the shot last? (May '09) Sep 10 jean_C 36
Eczema Free Forever Review: Released to Natural... (Apr '13) Aug 30 adam2014 7
•••

Eczema People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••