Why does my eczema behave so strange

Posted in the Eczema Forum

Thomas

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#1 Jul 5, 2012
Okay, I wondered if I could get a bit of help on this.
Everyone knows what normal eczema rashes look like, but for some reason I don't get rashes (yay :D) but instead I just get red patches (nuu D;), I get dry flaked skin a lot as well but greasy ointment sorts that out in seconds. I've stopped eating chocolate and that seems to have helped but I can't tell at the moment as I'm on hydro cortisone for the next 2 days as the red patches hurt and wouldn't go down. But often my skin can flare up with red patches just from touching them, for instance when I put ointment on my neck, it'll usually turn red for a few minutes after putting it on (but generally no itch), but one thing I've never understood is when I begin to itch and flare up somewhere, if I (ensuring my hands are clean) just apply water to my hands and rub the itchy area for a few seconds then dry it off, the itching goes away instantly and the red patch goes away, but obviously that's no use when I'm outside.
Last thing, I currently put hydrocortisone on one night a week, but I'm worried about skin thinning
Shane

Saint Ives, UK

#2 Aug 20, 2012
Is it defiantly not psoriasis. Sounds a little bit like that.

These articles will help you to find out:

http://www.purelynaturalskin.co.uk/articles/e...

http://www.purelynaturalskin.co.uk/articles/p...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ear Eczema HELP! (Dec '09) Dec 19 Acroutha 75
Eczema treatment plan: Very effective (Jan '07) Dec 15 angie 61
Fast Cure for Serious Eczema (Dec '08) Dec 14 RPMONEY 27
What Eczema Treatments Have You Tried And Found... (Sep '09) Dec 14 RPMONEY 16
Organic Eczema Treatment Dec 9 HubblesMom 1
Itchy blistery toe Dec 9 suzykue 1
Slexir Dec 4 Hofmann81 1
More from around the web