I don't have eczema, I'm here for my girlfriend.

Posted in the Eczema Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7

Since: Mar 12

Vista, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

It's not that she doesn't want to go on forums and talk about it, but I really don't know what else to do. I've googled a lot of things about eczema and I don't know what things to try with her.

Her symptoms are: Her neck has gotten very dry, her arms have gotten raw from being dry and it hurts to use 'Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Original Moisturizing Creme' on them, she has brown marks on her back/stomach and bumps on her back/stomach. In her words, "it kinda looks like chicken skin." =( She has a LITTLE on her face mainly on her chin/little under her eyes, but her arms are by far the worst of what's on her body.

The things she is trying now are the Eurcerin creme mentioned above and she also had a Cetaphil creme that was just like the Eucerin creme.

Has anyone tried Aveeno Dry Skin Bath Treatment? I'm not sure where I can get it but it says that it helps with eczema and I'm willing to try anything for her.

It has gotten so bad to the point where she can't take showers anymore because they hurt. She knows she needs to avoid hot water but she has been reduced to using a cup, filling it with water and only washing necessary areas. I was hoping that people with eczema could help me more than mindlessly searching the internet for things that are just repeating what we already know. I want to know what I can buy for her, what she needs to avoid, ANY help at all. I want her to be able to shower and to get her eczema under control. I know she hates the way her skin looks, she can't wear certain clothes because she's self-conscious about it. I tell her not to worry about it so much but that never helps. I don't have eczema and I can never fully understand what she's going through---that's why I'm here.

Please help.
PTz

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Judged:

Tell her to go watch people like dontdropthatshit on youtube. what he says really is the ONLY way. check out robertmorsend out on youtube too. HE changed my life. It really is all about diet. the more of these toxic creams she puts onto her body the worse it will continue to get. you know why? look at the ingredients. they arent natural. and these ingredients are going straight into her bloodstream. you are such an amazing BF by the way. mine left me when i was at my worst. now im better and i wanna help others.

Vista, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Thank you so much for responding. I'll go search for them on youtube and share them with her. Thank you so much for the help.

Are these food allergies common for people with eczema: Tomatoes, eggs, milk?

Anything else you or anyone can tell me is appreciated. Thank you for the nice comment and the youtube advice--I'm sorry to hear that about your ex... but he sounds like scum if he left you because of that. You're better off.=)

Vista, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

These are the things we're going to try: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Natural Coconut oil and MAYBE vitamin E pills/vitamin E oil.

Thank you so much for those videos, they were very helpful.=)
sons eczema cleared up

Winfield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2012

Lionbear wrote:
It's not that she doesn't want to go on forums and talk about it, but I really don't know what else to do. I've googled a lot of things about eczema and I don't know what things to try with her.

Her symptoms are: Her neck has gotten very dry, her arms have gotten raw from being dry and it hurts to use 'Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Original Moisturizing Creme' on them, she has brown marks on her back/stomach and bumps on her back/stomach. In her words, "it kinda looks like chicken skin." =( She has a LITTLE on her face mainly on her chin/little under her eyes, but her arms are by far the worst of what's on her body.

The things she is trying now are the Eurcerin creme mentioned above and she also had a Cetaphil creme that was just like the Eucerin creme.

Has anyone tried Aveeno Dry Skin Bath Treatment? I'm not sure where I can get it but it says that it helps with eczema and I'm willing to try anything for her.

It has gotten so bad to the point where she can't take showers anymore because they hurt. She knows she needs to avoid hot water but she has been reduced to using a cup, filling it with water and only washing necessary areas. I was hoping that people with eczema could help me more than mindlessly searching the internet for things that are just repeating what we already know. I want to know what I can buy for her, what she needs to avoid, ANY help at all. I want her to be able to shower and to get her eczema under control. I know she hates the way her skin looks, she can't wear certain clothes because she's self-conscious about it. I tell her not to worry about it so much but that never helps. I don't have eczema and I can never fully understand what she's going through---that's why I'm here.

Please help.
wet wraps helped my son
Nina

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Got Eczema for the first time in my life and I'm overcoming it right now. Mine was pretty horrific since I was on cortisone for too long, thus, when I scratched it became raw and bloody and I couldn't stop, waking every 20 minutes or so to apply bandages. I developed weeping eczema which is self contagious. I've since thrown away the cortisone and I'm never looking back.

Each case is different, but this is what is working for me. If it's weeping, you need something that will kill the bacteria and stop the infection from spreading. I'm using Bactroban for this, and there doesn't seem to be much side effects listed for it. I apply this twice a day, during the daytime I let it breathe, at night I cover it with non-stick sterile pads and if I feel like I'm going to scratch the f out of my legs, I cover wrap it with a tensor bandage. This gives me evenly distributed pressure to the area instead of a tiny spot feeling itchy. It, being wrapped, prevents scratching.

If she cannot shower, be sure that she can keep the wound clean. I'm using saline for that - it just feels like cold water and doesn't sting. Let it dry before applying ointment. If she wants to take a bath, I use a pumpkin soap suited for eczema which can be ordered from the rocky mountain soap company. It has helped when I've felt at my wit's end.

I also changed my diet to speed my healing process. The itchiness is subsiding for me everyday now, and my raw eczema is slowly hardening and flaking away. Good luck, e-mail me at yummilk@hotmail.com if you have anymore questions.
Nina

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

P.S. I would use coconut on solely dry areas, but not for weeping parts. It doesn't seem to be able to alleviate the itchiness for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Eczema Forum right now

Search the Eczema Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
i have extremely severe eczema EVERYWHERE (Dec '06) 3 hr Alicia 190
Eczema finally cleared up! Tue Alicia 1
how i cured my eczema Sun Martha 2
Is there a cure for eczema? (Mar '12) Jul 19 Leslie C 27
Do you really have "Eczema"? Or Topical Steroid... Jul 19 Leslie C 1
The ocean did WONDERS for sons eczema!!! (Aug '08) Jul 18 Steampunk 38
Eczema Treatment (Aug '06) Jul 15 faissel Eczema 250
•••
•••