Extremely severe eczema
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Aaron

Lynn, MA

#41 Mar 24, 2009
lisa wrote:
<quoted text>Hi I would love to hear from you, my husband has been suffering from eczema since he was 5 and now for the past two years (he is 39) this eczema is so bad he's been taking time off of work because his hands, arms and legs are so flared up and raw from scratching he cant move without terrible pain. We've been to three dermatologists and he's contantly on and off prednisone which is not good. Some of his colleagues have recently avoided touching tools etc that he has used because they think he has some contagious disease. He has tried naturopathic doctors (2) as well as diet elimination and nothing works.
thankyou
I have been on Predisone a few times when I flared up badly. The problem with this drug besides the longterm risks are that when you come off the drug you rebound and flare even worse. My dermatogist in Boston put me on a drug called Cyclosporine which helped clear up immensely. You need to have blood work done before you can take the medication.
I really believe allergies have a large part in eczema. Whether this be food or enviorment you really need to be aware of things that might irratate him.
I would recommend using Protopic ointment twice a day and moisturizers such as Cervae atleast twice a day. protopic is not a steroid and does not ware out the skin barrier. Use free and clear detergents, Mild soaps such as dove and aveeno, and moisturize when your skin is still damp to help take in moisture. I also take Anhistimines before bed due to my allergies which I think helps my eczema.Let me know if you have any questions. Hopefully this helps.
-Aaron.
Alex

Wellington, New Zealand

#42 Aug 24, 2009
I have had severe eczema for many years now which has really been a plague to me.
I had eczema as a child growing up, it disappeared in my youth and early 20s but has come back with vengeance. I don't know how many times I have seen the dermatologist now and taken all sorts of potions and lotions, steroid creams, UVB narrow band ray treatment you name it, and yet still my eczema continued to get worse, until a good friend of mine told me about a natural treatment that had worked wonders for him so he told me to give it a try, and hey what have I got to lose right I'm desperate. So went to the following link:
http://www.disappeareczema.com
and straight out I could not believe my eyes when I used the product, this has completely changed my life and given me my confidence and self esteem back. Thanks Mike for introducing me to this revolutionized product.
Ken

Thunder Bay, Canada

#43 May 27, 2010
We suggest anyone who has any kind of problematic skin take advantage of this, you can thank us later! You can get your free trial at their official website:--> http://www.SkinExfoliate.com
Martha

United States

#44 Sep 24, 2010
Hello my 3 yr old suffered from ezcema sice she was about 3 months old until about 4 months ago. All this stuff seems like it could be true but i tried everything and nothing helped her. I started using all natural cleaning products, changed the laundry soap, dont use ammonia anymore, use a different lotion that made a dramatic change. Yes it is true that we ingest alot of toxins from what we eat but what about the air we breathe and the stuff we use on our skin. We get toxins in other ways too. For example most of the laundry detergent has phosphates and the softeners we use in the rinse cycle and is the dryer which are the worst for ezcema...I figured out the best solution for all this was to Go Green and use all natural products without the chemicals. Thats the way it was intended since the beginning. You can contact me i have alot of valuable info that can help with the ezcema, asthma, psoriasis and other problems. Not to worry i wont try to sell u anything!!! But i can show you how to save money, use better quality safe products, and get products every month for free. Thanx and God Bless all of you!! melamartha2010@yahoo.com

Since: Oct 10

Port Louis, Mauritius

#45 Oct 1, 2010
jason dl wrote:
I have had eczema my whole life and have tried everything possible. I have found that diet is a big factor. everyone is different though and all treatments are trial and error.
I completely agree with you. I was an eczema sufferer myself and had been through many trial and errors. 4 weeks ago i was desperately searching for a cure and discovered a website about natural eczema treatment. Indeed there is a topic about diet for eczema and if followed correctly it helps to cure the root causes of eczema. I am actually on that program and i am impressed by it's positive results. http://eczematreatment.globalreviews.info/
Donna

Inglewood, CA

#47 Oct 19, 2010
I suffered from eczema throughout childhood, until I took it upon myself to find a cure. I've not suffered from eczema for over forty years. It went away rather quickly, once I applied an inexpensive over the counter ointment to it. I also applied the ointment to my little cousin's skin, which was so wrought with the disease, it looked like she had been through an inferno. Her skin began to heal; clear skin prevailed as eczema disappeared. This ointment also saved my baby boy's skin from being ravished by eczema. He would get small patches of it, but I would zap each patch with the ointment right away. The disease didn't progress and was soon eliminated. My son is now a teen, and has no memory of ever having eczema.

You too can, perhaps, rid yourself of this agonizing disease. If you are curious about the name of the ointment I used, visit: www.eczemasecretremedy.info

Sincerely,

Donna
Alex

Wellington, New Zealand

#48 Oct 21, 2010
Check out this blog which may offer some free information on how to help treat eczema.
Definitely contains some pretty cool stuff, worth a read
http://www.disappeareczema.com/blog

Since: Nov 10

Berlin, MD

#49 Nov 2, 2010
I just switched to buying all natural, eco friendly products from a wellness company. After a week my sons skin looked perfect - except for all of the scrapes and bruises :)
His legs before were covered in excema, big red dry spots everywhere.
These products are great - they have everything you can think of, but they don't have all of the harsh chemicals found in the products we usually use.
For more info: www.livetotalwellness.com/pdryan
Alesha

Byron Bay, Australia

#50 Nov 6, 2010
Have you tried Emu Oil?

Emu oil has been shown to be effective for all types of skin rashes and Rosacea.
Emu Oil is -
[B]* Anti Inflammatory
* Anti Bacterial
* Non Irritation
* Safe for sensitive skin
* 100% Natural[/B]
For more info visit www.emuseproducts.com
Karen Jackson

Hillsboro, OR

#51 Dec 19, 2010
http://www.myspace.com/video/dah1986/david-39...

Here is the answer, you just did not know where to find it.

You may email me for more information. I want to thank Deborah for the use of her video.
Email me at sunrunner235@gmail.com

After every cream and years of Dr's. visits!
Andrew

Natural Bridge, Australia

#52 Dec 31, 2010
In 2008 i suffered severe atopic eczema over my whole body for the first time in my life at the age of 26. My day to day life was hell for over 8 months as i could not find any product or remedy for the problem and was even contemplating suicide at one point as i was told there was no cure and i could see no end to it.

In late 2008 i decided to move to the UK (from Australia) in hope that the cooler climate would help and i was the happiest person in the world when after 2 weeks in London my eczema had clear 100% and i have not had to even moisturise ever since.(I belive it’s not directly related to heat as i had quite a few holidays in Europe to hot destinations without an problems)

I have recently returned to Australia and so has the eczema, although nowhere near as bad yet. I have made the decision to move back once more to the UK as i know this ‘hell’ doesn’t effect me there.
sarah_reed

Bogotá, Colombia

#54 Jan 11, 2011
- Take 4 cups of oatmeal (powdered is best) and mix it with warm bathwater, soak for about 15 mins, rinse with more warm water and pat yourself dry (dont rub!).

- Make a paste out of oatmeal and warm water, leave it on until it dries then wash off

- Leave raw honey on affected areas for 20 minutes then rinse off with warm water

- Take natural supplements like fish oil, vitamin E, and vitamin C

- Keep your skin moisturized, use creams with blueberry or licorice extract

- Cut out or reduce milk, eggs, peanuts, sugar and spicy foods from your diet

- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and shower after you sweat

- Don't scratch! It may cause infection and make it worse. If you scratch while asleep then wear cotton gloves

- Keep your nails short and rounded so you dont puncture the skin if you do scratch

- Dust and dust mites can worsen eczema, so keep your room clean and change bedclothes regulary

- Stay calm. Stress is a common eczema trigger, so try to avoid situations that make you tense.

If you're interested in other home, natural and other medical treatments then check out this site:
http://alleczematreatments.com/atopic-dermati...

And I highly recommend this e-book, it tells you how to treat eczema in "3 simple steps", if you're interested then you can get it here:
http://www.vanisheczema.com/

Hope I helped!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Eczema Diet by Karen Fischer Mar 21 Barry_OneDTQ 1
eczema in ears (Aug '09) Feb '18 Jean Hess 10
Am I experiencing RSS or TSW? Feb '18 ikonik1 1
casting real people for leading health website ... Feb '18 CH_Casting 1
my 5-yr old scrotum eczema is cured (Aug '10) Feb '18 Mr_Healed 5
eczema on eyelids (Feb '06) Jan '18 rfiorito 177
Adult Eczema Rubbing Alcohol Cure (Feb '17) Dec '17 MightBeMites 7