Eczema help
Michael

Hoppers Crossing, Australia

#1 Feb 24, 2013
Hey i need some advice about what i think is eczema, im currently 16 a guy and have brown skin, it all started after i started to use some moisturizers on my face maybe 6-7 months ago, my skin was really good looking and then pimples started to slowly develop on my face, then i started to use cleansers and exfoliators etc to help but i didnt realize it was making my face worse. About 3 months ago i stopped using anything on my face but water and now my face doesnt have pimples on my forehead and my cheeks near my nose is always slightly inflamed, red and rash looking, both my forehead and cheeks near my nose especially are dry and around the outer sides of my face are normal and smooth. My forehead and nose and cheeks are all not tanning in the sun and have like slight rash looks to them but i dont feel anything besides on my cheeks near my nostrils where it feels like fluid is coming out every few hours for a little while but no liquid is there. I have a history of eczema as a child but it never came back til now and i think its from those products i used to use, from the condition of my skin right now im not sure if i should persist not using products or get some type of eczema cream, im thinking my skin will just rely on the cream and never really restore itself normally if i start using any creams etc. Also weirdly if i scratch my chest in certain areas where theres a pimple it'll get a white patch where i've itched.
So i need help or advice and thanks in advance.
Mie

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Feb 26, 2013
Hi Michael! My name is Mie. I'm from Hawai`i and I'm 23 years old. I was born with eczema and recently healed myself from it with a plant-based wholesome diet. I used to take a lot of prescription medication for it but that just messed me up big time and made the eczema a lot worse in the long run. I used steroid creams and they made the symptoms go away for a while but they always came back and the symptoms were often worse.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your diet like? 99% of the time, eczema flareups manifest from food allergies/sensitivities. Dairy, sugar and heavy meat products are common culprits. It doesn't mean you can't ever have these things again, just give your body a chance to heal. If you want I have a blog all about my eczema healing journey. I started it because eczema is such an under-diagnosed and mysterious disease...but I know what worked for me and really want to help others and put everything I learned out there in the hopes of helping others. It can be so alienating at times!! If you go to my blog, check out the tab "My Eczema Health Story." ululanihealing.wordpress.com

Since: Sep 12

Buford, GA

#3 Feb 27, 2013
Hi Michael. I have been using a product called CapriClear for a while now. I LOVE IT! It is made from coconut oil which is good for your skin, as long as your not allergic to it. It takes out the itch and the redness of eczema, so give it a try. I hope it works for you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hemp seed healing balm (Sep '13) Jul 17 patel1 4
My eczema was cured- A story from a 14 year old... (Jun '06) Jul 10 faisa 249
eczema on both hands Jul 9 Boyaka 2
eczema and depression Jul 8 louise96 1
Research on Popular Natural Eczema Treatments Jul 2 Sue 4
How else can I treat my horrid eczema? Jul 2 Sue 3
eczema on eyelids (Feb '06) Jul 2 Mummy Sue 174
More from around the web