cookiesandjuice

North Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

I am a teenager—I've had eczema for as long as I can remember. Anyways, I have a few problems. For one thing (I think it's genetic) brown residue collects under my skin, even when I'm not very dirty. Some of the patches of skin are rough, but I end up having to scratch out the dirt in the shower. This only inflames my skin more. I've tried to use Dove soap, but it somewhat irritates my skin and it's not very effective in washing out the dirt without me scratching. What should I do? As well, I'm confused as to whether I should shower or bathe. I have dandruff, especially when I wake up in the morning and my scalp is oily and flaky. I use Head&Shoulders shampoo to control it, briefly massaging and rinsing my hair before massaging it more thoroughly, waiting 5 minutes, and then rinsing it again. However, it's hard to rinse it in a tub full of water. I've tried submerging my head, but it's hard to get used to.
cookiesandjuice

North Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

As well, I've read somewhere that darkening of the skin in rough patches is a symptom of eczema. I'm not really sure how to control it though. As well, it appears on everywhere on my body except my face (perhaps because I wash it several times a day.)

Since: Aug 10

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Sounds like some thing that our company has products for. Drop me a note and we can see help you. I know that all of our products have been really successful so it might work for you.

edcolliver@yahoo.com
Sumy

Coventry, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

Hey CookiesandJuice
I am 14. I also have eczema since birth. I think soaps should not be used for eczema. Try and buy shower gels that are 100% soap free. I use Imperial Leather because there shower gels always are 100% soap free.
As for washing your hair in a tub full of water: i think that you should first soak your body in the tub and then have a shower and wash your hair. Its much easier.
cookiesandjuice

North Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

Thanks Sumy for the advice. I've already started to wash my hair under the tap after a quick bath. I'll go buy a shower gel during my next shopping trip, too, as I've noticed soap really dries out skin with eczema.
Sumy

Coventry, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Its ok.. You can ask anytime for the advice..

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2010

Well I know that there are alot of companies out there that are that just try to make money off other people suffering. Our company offers money back also and will work with people to help imporve the products. Take a look at this page and find out about the products you use in the home. We do operate world wide so it will work for anyone.

http://colliver.toxinchecklist.com/

Ed and Lanie
cookiesandjuice

North Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2010

Hi Ed. I'm sorry, but your company sounds like it just provides advice on what can be toxic to you or your loved ones. I'm not sure if you have anything that can help with the symptoms of eczema.

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2010

We do have a lotion that has done better the all major brands. And many people have had real success with it. We cover pretty much everything for cleaning soluions, bath and body to a very powerful vitamins line. You would be suprised in their results.

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2010

Here is a idea. I have 7 trial tubes of our lotion that I ordered for my family and freinds. The next 7 people to sign up in US an Canada I will ship a tube to you. I will contact you to make sure we get the right address and everything. That way you and see if it will work for you. Just a thought.

If you do sign up please put in comment that you saw post here so I know.
Ed
cookiesandjuice

North Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2010

Alright, thanks for the information Ed. I sent you an e-mail so that we can keep in touch privately.

Denton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2010

Ok. Sent you a email so I can get it shipped to you.

Ed
Mike

Brighton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Hey Cookies--
I wrote a website about my own insights and suggestions about natural skin care after resarching and learnikng a lot because of my daughter's eczema. It is free and not selling anything--just sharing info with people in similar situations. Anyway--there is a page there about skin and washing and I hope you'll find something helpful there. If you do check it out, please let me know what you think: http://www.myskinbetter.com/washing

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Eczema Forum right now

Search the Eczema Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
weeping eczema on feet 3 hr Sarah anon 2
Steroids Found In OSAS (Intensive Body Lotion W... (Mar '08) Fri eczema child 43
I found a NEW treatment for eczema! It is worki... (Sep '11) Apr 15 steve 23
My eczema was cured- A story from a 14 year old... (Jun '06) Apr 10 Gabrielle 219
Eczema Treatment (Aug '06) Apr 8 celine 248
Fast Cure for Serious Eczema (Dec '08) Apr 5 Tim 21
How long does the shot last? (May '09) Apr 3 Eddie 33
•••
•••
•••
•••