My Eczema Cures
Posted in the Eczema Forum
Prince George, Canada
#1 Nov 3, 2011
I have lived with eczema my whole life. I am in my late 30s. Used to have it bad on my hands, elbows, backs of my knees. I outgrew that, but then it moved to my ears, neck, and scalp. Over the years, here is what I have found that helps:
1) Get a shower water filter. I used to hate going swimming because the chlorine would hurt my eczema so bad. Well, there is chlorine in your shower water at home too. Look online on amazon.com or even some Home Depot stores sell these. They are well worth it. I know when it is time to change my filter because my skin will get itchy, so I know it has stopped working.
2) Wash your bed sheets and pillow cases frequently. I got all new sheets, duvet, and pillows and noticed my scalp eczema went away instantly, and then realized I must be having an allergic reaction to dust mites. Yes, they live and multiply in your bedding. Ugh.
3) Cut down on white sugar. I tried a diet removing sugar, meat, dairy, etc. and then reintroduced each one back a little at a time and monitored how I felt, and what impacts on my health there was. Whenever I had food with white sugar, my eczema would get itchy almost immediately after eating it. Soy milk didn't have as much effect, but I drink rice or almond milk now to be safe.
4) Get an aloe vera plant. I tear off a leaf and use the goo inside directly on my skin, for mild eczema.
5) Find ways to relax. Stress is a trigger, so I have tried meditation, or just deep, slow breathing. When I can, I go for a massage.
I wish this forum had existed when I was a child. Such a great resource and source of strength, knowing you are not alone. Good luck to you all out there.
Add your comments below
|How I Cure My Horrible Eczema In 3 days.||Sep 17||jdo||3|
|Eczema and birth control (Mar '12)||Aug 27||Samara13||14|
|How else can I treat my horrid eczema? (Jun '15)||Aug '16||markeds||12|
|Ear Eczema HELP! (Dec '09)||Aug '16||kevin538||86|
|eczema on both hands (Jul '15)||Aug '16||markeds||9|
|i have extremely severe eczema EVERYWHERE (Dec '06)||Jul '16||markeds||192|
|Eczema full body (Nov '15)||Jul '16||suzy1802||8|
Find what you want!
Search Eczema Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC