Eczema Treatment
john

Quesnel, Canada

#153 Apr 10, 2009
I tried magicream with no real expectations, and it really did work. in 8 days I have gone from weeping sores to smooth but discoloured skin.I will use again if the eczema comes back like it did with the steroid cream and all the other innefective treatments

Since: Mar 09

Redditch, UK

#154 Apr 11, 2009
Hi John,
I'm glad to hear that magicream worked to smooth over your eczema, but are you saying that yes it worked but it won't prevent any new outbreaks
from appearing? When you say the steroid creme was inefective do you mean it was inefective in preventing eczema but was useful once your skin had flared up?? You see i'm on a bit of a quest at the moment to find something that stops the flare ups. I've suffered from eczema from birth and i'm now well into my 30's and as i've said before right now i'm looking out for total prevention, not a cure (because i now there is none) or a creme that helps after the fact but just pure old fashioned prevention.
john

Quesnel, Canada

#155 Apr 13, 2009
Hi "skin deep",

It's a little early for me to say if this prevents any new outbreaks, but what I am getting now is the occasional itchy bump similar to an insect bite. The magicream seems to make them disappear in a day or two. The prescription (steroid) cream seemed to work on my torso but on my hands and legs new bumps would show up all around the same area and then turn into one weeping sore and never go away. These are the ares that the magicream had the most dramatic affect. The skin in these areas is now like new but discoloured. I have been using the magicream for 10 days now so it is very early to draw conclusions. I hope this is helpful.

UK

#156 Apr 14, 2009
Hi John,

Thanks for the info on magicreme i'm interested in the 'results' that you're getting. As you said it's way to early to give a conclusive verdict on its' effect on stopping new outbreaks. For me, having had this eczema for over 30 years its prevention that i'm searching for and to find out what actually causes it. However in the intrim i surpose anything that can help an outbreak is always helpful!! Keep me posted. All the best.
Mike Grant

Calgary, Canada

#157 May 10, 2009
Yeah, just drop everything from your diet. In fact, don't eat at all. All these proponents of diet don't know squat. Supposedly "healthy vegans" wind up with cancer.

The truth is, no one knows what causes eczema. If anyone really knew what the cause of eczema truly was, then there wouldn't be millions of people suffering from it.
Lisa

Scarsdale, NY

#158 May 11, 2009
I've had Eczema since I've been a child, I don't remember how young but I remember having it in elementary school (Let's say 5-6).

Antibiotic creams, lots of washing, getting rid of perfumed detergent, etc. did nothing. It is possible it is from an allergy but I've been tested for the normal allergies and came up negative. My eczema used to be on my ears (ick) where it was visible and looked like a rash but has since moved to be on the back of my scalp. This makes certain treatments trickier but at least it isn't very noticeable (except dandruff)

For me, Emu oil worked to take down the itching very well. I assume a lot of moisturizing will also work well for whomever, but perhaps the omega oils in Emu helps more.

For a perscription I have used cortico steroids, your mileage will vary some work better than others and it is not necessarily strength related. I really recommend Derma Smooth! It is a oil with a low level cortico steroid. You treat your scalp when it is moist and put a plastic cap on to sleep. After I used that a few times it really helped. I assume it was work well on other body parts if wrapped.

At various points I've shampooed daily or ~2x / week (I still wash my body, this is hair I'm referring to). When I shampoo my scalp less it does seem to help.

UK

#159 May 12, 2009
Hi, It's good to hear that you seem to have your eczema under control. As you know it's very much trial and error when it comes to finding out what works for you. No one said there was a cure for eczema and as for finding out what causes it yes no one seems tyo know what causes the initil onset but surely if one can find out what causes an outbreak in the first place this has got to be better than trying to find a cure after all 'prevention is better than cure',isn't it??
Me, i'll keep researching the causes of eczema if you (Mike in Canada) want to just live with it then be my guest!!!
Christel Blasberg

Carterville, IL

#161 May 14, 2009
Can anyone tell me where I can find FreeDerm HC. I have no credit card to buy online so I wanted to find a store that carries it. Thank you!
john

Quesnel, Canada

#162 May 19, 2009
Hello 'skin deep'

After some more time I would say I am very happy with the magicream. The large discoloured areas are almost normal again, but I still get the odd little itchy bump. Looks like a very effective treatment, but not really a 'cure'. Have you tried hypochlorite bleach in the bath water? I saw a news article on TV about it and there are several links to it on the sidebar of this page.
I may give it a try if the problem persists.
Andrew

Pompton Plains, NJ

#163 May 20, 2009
HI Steveo ask your doctor about Triamcinolone Acetonide. I've had eczema all my life and have tried everything from steroids like elidel or protopic to over-the-counter remedies. This cream really works well for me and its non-steroidal.
Steveo wrote:
Has anyone tried FreeDerm HC? My 1 year old son has moderate to severe eczema and all 'off the shelf' creams and lotions simply don't work. FreeDerm HC seems to always comes up No.1 on a google search under "eczema" but I can't find any independant ratings.
Any feedback on this product would be greatly appreciated.
Steveo
Skin Deep

Kingswinford, UK

#164 May 25, 2009
Hi John,
I'm happy to hear that the magicreme has helped you. I'll have to look it up and maybe give it a try. Do you know if it's a steroid based creme or not? As for the bleach bath i'm not sure i want to try it but i'll google it nonetheless.
john

Quesnel, Canada

#165 May 25, 2009
hi skin deep

who knows whats in it- this is from their website:
FREE from artificial fragrance and coloring
FREE from Steroids, Alcohol and Lanolin
NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS and no animal ingredients

100% Natural Herbal Ingredients:
Chuanshen, wubeizi, zaojiaoci, kushen, huangbo, ect...over 25 natural herbal ingredients.
- I am starting to sound like a salesman
(I am not)
I am on my third very small jar and things are still improving. The website also says some people have experienced complete cures - crossing my fingers
Good luck

UK

#166 May 26, 2009
Hi John,

I'm going to go to their web sites,i'll probably order a jar, i'll let you know how i get on.
All the best- Skin Deep
john

Quesnel, Canada

#167 May 27, 2009
Hi skin deep

Yes please keep us posted as to your results, I hope your experience is as good as mine.

Good luck
John
Eczema Market Survey Help

Chesterfield, MO

#168 May 27, 2009
CHOICENTRIC is planning to bring a breakthrough eczema treatment product to the market.
Intensive research has been on-going for the past 6 years and conducting this market research survey is the final step before getting this new product to consumers.

Please fill out this short survey:
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/134996/ecs

For parents with children with eczema, please answer the questions on your child's behalf.

For more information please contact:
[email protected]
www.choicentric.com
MonicaW

Russia

#171 May 31, 2009
I am sorry to hear of your son's problems. I am 25 and have dealt with eczema the last 6 years.My family & I prefer natural methods. I was used one metodic, I don't now about you. But it's helps my friends with a same problems. I add link to my bookmarks, becous it's change my life, I sure u understand about what I talk. Good luck, hope this helps,
Monica

ps,[url]beateczemanow.com/Ecze ma.html[/url]
Kate

UK

#172 Jun 3, 2009
Steveo wrote:
Has anyone tried FreeDerm HC? My 1 year old son has moderate to severe eczema and all 'off the shelf' creams and lotions simply don't work. FreeDerm HC seems to always comes up No.1 on a google search under "eczema" but I can't find any independant ratings.
Any feedback on this product would be greatly appreciated.
Steveo
Hello,

I have had Eczema all over my body since I was a child and now at 23 years I have found a cream which keeps my Eczema at bay.

It is called Aveeno 24 hour Moisturising with sher butter and oatmeal - it's only this one that seems to work.

I no longer get Eczema since I have started using this cream and if I stop using it the Eczema comes back which shows it works.

I have advised this cream to many friends and family who all use this to cue their Eczema now. Please give it a go as it took me ages to find something that actually works!
Fox

Colorado Springs, CO

#173 Jun 8, 2009
I tried 2 jars of freederm and had minimal resolve. when i called them for a refund they said oh it works for most you need to try the stronger stuff. I said ok and they sent it out. Again the results were very minimal yet they say 100% guaranteed but that is a lie. I went back and forth with them about a refund and because they could not find my empty jars that i returned they basically said sorry. They are a FRAUD and should be investigated by the FDA and others. Bottom line They do not stand behind their product as their ad says. They will not reveal their ingredients which makes it real suspecious and they will not refund a costly white cream. BAD, BAD, BAD. Avoid them and report them
Fox

Colorado Springs, CO

#174 Jun 8, 2009
I tried 2 jars of freederm and had minimal resolve. when i called them for a refund they said oh it works for most you need to try the stronger stuff. I said ok and they sent it out. Again the results were very minimal yet they say 100% guaranteed but that is a lie. I went back and forth with them about a refund and because they could not find my empty jars that i returned they basically said sorry. They are a FRAUD and should be investigated by the FDA and others. Bottom line They do not stand behind their product as their ad says. They will not reveal their ingredients which makes it real suspicious and they will not refund a costly white cream. BAD, BAD, BAD. Avoid them and report them

UK

#176 Jun 9, 2009
Hi John,

I hope you are well, i have been away, i went to egypt (more on that another time). John, what is the web address for that magicreme?? I've been trying to look it up but i'm not sure if i have the right site as there is no listing of the ingredients as you stated. Can you post the link in your next message please.
Thanks, Skin Deep

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evening primrose plus flax seed oil supplements... (Jan '10) Jul 2 2234yaya 29
Help-new May '17 Julie 1
My eczema was cured- A story from a 14 year old... (Jun '06) May '17 Justmeinak 266
I give up (Jan '09) Apr '17 Kat 16
i have extremely severe eczema EVERYWHERE (Dec '06) Apr '17 Kat 194
Is there a cure for eczema? (Mar '12) Apr '17 Theyna313 42
my 5-yr old scrotum eczema is cured (Aug '10) Apr '17 Hdv 4
More from around the web