First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Steveo

Quakers Hill, Australia

#1 Aug 7, 2006
Has anyone tried FreeDerm HC? My 1 year old son has moderate to severe eczema and all 'off the shelf' creams and lotions simply don't work. FreeDerm HC seems to always comes up No.1 on a google search under "eczema" but I can't find any independant ratings.
Any feedback on this product would be greatly appreciated.

Steveo
Cameron

Louisville, KY

#2 Aug 9, 2006
First off I am sorry to hear of your son's struggles. I am 20 and have dealt with eczema the last 6 years. I am still going through products and the best I have found are the topical steroids from my doctor (Protopic). I have used Freederm HC and it does provide some temporary relief. The product works wonders on itching and can help to ease that burden, however it never provided any long term improvement or benefit to the appearance of the skin. If itching is your main concern I would give it a try, but don't expect any miracles. Good luck, hope this helps,
Cameron
Anna

Plymouth, UK

#3 Aug 16, 2006
Hi I am 26 years old and have been suffering with eczema since the age of 4. I tried the Freederm HC but unfortunately it had no affect at all (I was pretty dissapointed). I have tried nearly anything you can imagine and then I was told that Dead Sea Salts that you put in your bath from www.westlabshop.com were good for curing psoriosis and eczema so I bought just one packet and I saw instant results. I have recently purchased a 12 week programme of the salts and it is the first time that anything has actually cleared up my eczema. I had to share the news as I have been suffering for so many years and don't want others to suffer too. I know that different products work for different people but this honestly worked for me. Hope this is of some use to you.
Anna
eve

Auckland, New Zealand

#4 Nov 28, 2006
iv had eczema since i was born practicly an ive tried everything the doctor has ever given me an now 37yrs old still have it can any1 help me with treatments they have tried would be appretiated.
jennifer johnson

United States

#5 Nov 29, 2006
Please try Active Manuka Honey Cream www.manukanaturals.com
Their products are all natural and have changed my life. I used to be so embarrassed to hold hands with my boyfriend, I felt like my hands were so scaly and gross. Now I have clear hands that dont itch or bleed. This cream has worked so well for me I want to tell the whole world!!!! They will even send you a free sample.
Broyde McDonald

Nassau, Bahamas

#6 Jan 2, 2007
The bath salts do seem to work well with stopping the itch and drying up sores. You can also try the products and information found at www.eczemabathsalts.com .

Since: Jan 07

Seria, Brunei Darussalam

#7 Jan 7, 2007
I haven't really tried the salts yet, but it does makes some sense. Our skin is dried and broken because of the eczema and the salt treats it, kinda like rubbing salt on mouth ulcers. It does sting, but it heals it eventually. The same effect could probably be get when swimming in the sea

I'm hoping to drop by to the nearest pharmacist tomorrow to get myself some of the bathing salts. But I guess it is a temporary cure. I've always been told that the best cure for eczema is prevention, ie finding out what you are allergic to and avoid it.
mJa

Sarikei, Malaysia

#8 Jan 11, 2007
Hi
Check out http://eczemafix.blogspot.com/
Has a great home remedy that has worked for me! Regards
Deacon

Wilton, IA

#9 Jan 31, 2007
I have skin rashes that flare up when I swim in a chlorinated pool and during the dry, cold winter months. Freederm HC works great for me.
Prits

UK

#11 Feb 15, 2007
Hi Stevio
I've ordered Freederm HC and this has not worked on me whatsoever. I have suffered from Eczema from the age of 3 (i'm now 36) and have tried everything that comes out new on the market.
I have over the last two days tried bathing in salt water and have seen slight improvements, yes it does sting but applying Aveeno cream (with cooling menthol)cools it down.
I am currently applying it to my face so will see what happens, other than this I am reliant on steroid creams to keep it under control.

kind regards
Pritesh
Doc

Allentown, PA

#12 Feb 16, 2007
I have dermatitis it maybe is not as bad as ecsema, but I know that it is better when it is moist rather then dry. I tried hands lotion(VASELINE hydrates and heals extra dry skeen) and Jojoba oil and I put some baby oil(relieive dryness), mix everything up and I put it on the spots where I have dermatitis for whole night and it is helping me the best and it is not going to harm body because all those T-gel, Nisoral shampoos destroy fatty layer of the skin(protective layer of the skin).
Doc

Allentown, PA

#13 Feb 16, 2007
By the way put a lot of it. It should be as more as better and put soaked pappertowel on top or put piece of plastic bag on top as long as it would be not open, not to ruin bed. Try to use moisturizers for a extra dry skin.
ella

Bowling Green, OH

#14 Mar 2, 2007
Deacon wrote:
I have skin rashes that flare up when I swim in a chlorinated pool and during the dry, cold winter months. Freederm HC works great for me.
Where do you obtain Freederm HC?
ella

Bowling Green, OH

#15 Mar 2, 2007
jennie

UK

#16 Mar 10, 2007
ella wrote:
i've just been looking online, ebay..amazon!
i'm in 2 minds myself... gonna see if dermatologists will prescribe it!
Evelyn

Singapore, Singapore

#17 Mar 14, 2007
I think Freederm contains coricosteriods. You need to examine the ingredients that the product has. If it does, this is nothing different from using the corticosteroid itself except that it probably comes prepackaged with some natural oils in it. But the bottom line is that you are still using corticosteroids and prolonged usage is not advised. You need to be careful in your usage of corticosteroids.

It is still best to also use natural eczema treatment methods whether it is sea salts or borage oil or neem oil or looking out for diet triggers. If anyone is interested, you can read my research reviews on some of these treatment options as well as my own eczema story here http://www.eczematreatmentsecrets.com
caroline uk

UK

#18 Mar 15, 2007
it didnt work for me...it made my eczema worse
Theresa

Bellflower, CA

#19 Mar 27, 2007
Steveo wrote:
Has anyone tried FreeDerm HC? My 1 year old son has moderate to severe eczema and all 'off the shelf' creams and lotions simply don't work. FreeDerm HC seems to always comes up No.1 on a google search under "eczema" but I can't find any independant ratings.
Steveo
FreeDerm HC is a scam. Didn't do anything for my eczema.
Xcel SO

Houston, TX

#20 Apr 1, 2007
Steveo wrote:
Steveo
Try Xcel SO. Go to www.xcel-n.com
Ollie

Placentia, CA

#21 Apr 3, 2007
What works for eczema (and has no side-effects, and no steroids) is a Champori Cream. I heard from 4 parents whose children's condition improved in just few applications.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I found a NEW treatment for eczema! It is worki... (Sep '11) Sun Clairvaux 28
Surprised! There IS a Cure for Eczema?! (Mar '12) Sun ash 23
My sister makes fun of my eczema! (Apr '12) Mar 25 Smokey11 7
Herbal remedies that healed my eczema Mar 16 Reagan88 1
Cure for eczema - what worked for me Mar 15 jdstew76 1
My eczema story may help you! (Sep '13) Mar 11 woody 5
Poll What Eczema Treatments Have You Tried And Found... (Sep '09) Mar 4 Yvoo 19
More from around the web