improving eczema
stephanie

Singapore, Singapore

#1 Jun 26, 2013
Hi guys, so basically I suffer from eczema too and I am 17 this year. My eczema started with the area near my elbows of both arm as a small patch of bumps. Thinking that it is just a minor rash, I started scratching it constantly and very soon, it developed into an itchy circular patch surrounded by reddish bumpy borders. However the area within the border seemed to be clear.

Months passed and that circular patches seemed to grow bigger and more extensively. The itch worsened and it seemed to be inflammed for oftenly and hence I decided to take action and visit a doctor. The two ugly patches on each elbow affected my self confidence badly as everywhere I go, people were asking me what happened and I get stared at pretty often when I go out. I even cried over this wondering why such a disasterous thing happened.

Meanwhile, I was being told by a source to keep my diet light as the eczema can only go away "from the inside". For like a torturing week, I ate 3 meals a day, without any snacks or junk food. In every meal, I make sure that my food is only steamed with no fried or barbequed stuff. I eat white rice with vegetables, steamed meat or fish. I drink water more oftenly too, ensuring that my water bottle is filled and beside me often.

Anyway, the first time I went to the doctor, he looked at my arm for like 2 seconds and hastily confirmed that it was ringworm. I started using his antifungal cream and steroids daily but it did not improve and in fact started to spread to other areas around the elbow.

I panicked and went to the doctor for the second time. After telling him my story, he probed me and asked me whether I had nose allegies and previous histories of asthma( which I had) and confirmed that it was eczema, not a fugal infection.

He proceeded to give me tubes of steroids and moisturizers to use. Initially this treatment seemed to work but a few days later, the eczema started to flare up real badly and I went back to the doctor again and he gave me stronger steroids and better moisturizers.

Combined with the light diet that I have, together with the better medicines I received , my eczema improved drastically and eventually went away. However it did leave two large white patches behind, one on each elbow. But it is better than tolerating the freaking itch brought about by the eczema.

The diet was strict and torturing. But I decided to keep it up as I was at my wits end and I was willing to do anything to help my condition to improve.

I hope this helps you guys to improve or even get rid of your eczema. Good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eczema Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eczema and birth control (Mar '12) 19 hr Samara13 14
How else can I treat my horrid eczema? (Jun '15) Aug 19 markeds 12
Ear Eczema HELP! (Dec '09) Aug 17 kevin538 86
eczema on both hands (Jul '15) Aug 7 markeds 9
i have extremely severe eczema EVERYWHERE (Dec '06) Jul '16 markeds 192
Eczema full body (Nov '15) Jul '16 suzy1802 8
real help for childrens eczema Jul '16 markeds 2
More from around the web