Advice for After Colon Resection?
Bonnie

Ravenna, OH

#3258 Nov 13, 2012
That is very good news, Larry.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3259 Nov 13, 2012
Hooray, Larry! That's wonderful news. Congratulations!
Deb

Greensburg, PA

#3260 Nov 13, 2012
I have noticed several people talking about pelvic floor strengthening, well a word of caution....after a year and a half of constant chronic pain I was desperate for any relief. I started going to a therpist that "specialized" in the pelvic floor. I went to 4 sessions. At each session I was munipulated inside and out like I was a piece of dough being spread out. It was the most painful thing I have ever been thru. Mind you this was suppose to be helping me. She used electrobes, heat. On the 5th session she decided that she actually was making matters worse rather that helping. I could barely walk by this time. This was a licensed therpist. I told this to some of my docs and they couldn't beieve that there were actually people out doing this. Just be very careful and do your research.

Since: Jan 12

Stuart, Florida

#3261 Nov 13, 2012
To All:

Thanks for the good wishes Gpd Bless all also

and the Raz Teddy Bear Hugs

Larry <3

Since: Dec 11

United States

#3262 Nov 13, 2012
TheRaz Stuart Fl wrote:
Hi all
Well I have been given good new after my PET Scan from my oncology Dr. he told me that my CANCER is no longer now I have to recover from the effects of the Chemo this will take some time but each day I am feeling better. God Bless all and Teddy Bear Hugs to all also
Larry!! &#9829;
praise God
Mom

Kansas City, MO

#3263 Nov 13, 2012
TheRaz Stuart Fl wrote:
To All:
Thanks for the good wishes Gpd Bless all also
and the Raz Teddy Bear Hugs
Larry <3
So glad to hear the good news. You are on your way to feeling better. I am so glad for you.
George

Fort Myers, FL

#3264 Nov 14, 2012
Good for you, Larry. Wishing you the best!
George
Georgia

United States

#3265 Nov 14, 2012
Hey, George,
I figured you would stick around to see who posted after you. Well it is me and I just sent you a message you should want to read over at DS.
Luvbug100k NY

Matawan, NJ

#3266 Nov 14, 2012
Deb
I couldn't agree with you more. A very similiar thing happenned to me. Rolling my skin so hard that I felt bruised afterwards. Put me into painful positions that were suppose to help stretch out the muscles and intestines but only made me hurt worse the following days. One of my Docs said to let her know , so I did, and then she dropped me saying I was too weak and she was way more aggressive with her other patients.Nice!
Deb wrote:
("I have noticed several people talking about pelvic floor strengthening, well a word of caution....after a year and a half of constant chronic pain I was desperate for any relief. I started going to a therpist that "specialized" in the pelvic floor. I went to 4 sessions. At each session I was munipulated inside and out like I was a piece of dough being spread out. It was the most painful thing I have ever been thru. Mind you this was suppose to be helping me. She used electrobes, heat. On the 5th session she decided that she actually was making matters worse rather that helping."/) I could barely walk by this time. This was a licensed therpist. I told this to some of my docs and they couldn't beieve that there were actually people out doing this. Just be very careful and do your research.
Deb

Greensburg, PA

#3267 Nov 14, 2012
Luvbug100k NY wrote:
Deb
I couldn't agree with you more. A very similiar thing happenned to me. Rolling my skin so hard that I felt bruised afterwards. Put me into painful positions that were suppose to help stretch out the muscles and intestines but only made me hurt worse the following days. One of my Docs said to let her know , so I did, and then she dropped me saying I was too weak and she was way more aggressive with her other patients.Nice!
<quoted text>
And I now have 350.00 out of pocket to pay!!!!
Wish I could sue!
Georgia

United States

#3268 Nov 14, 2012
Hey Deb,
Nice to "see" you. Are you doing any better?? It's been a long time since I've read anything from you.
Maria

Des Moines, IA

#3269 Nov 14, 2012
hi all--this is urgent---

well to qoute the Godfather--just when i think i'm out, they pull me back in again"...I went to my Family Physician because of rectal bleeding. He did a scope and said "you have quite a bit of blood up there".
UP WHERE?
"Beyond the scope but i can see it"ry
He debated if he should admit me to the hospital but opted for me to get a colonoscopy Friday.
He said it could be my diverticulutis is back.
WHAT? I am 7 weeks post op lapro/robot assist, had 12 inches of colon removed. I am scared. I have put in a call to the Dr that did the surgery who is 2 hrs away. Isn't it too damn soon to have a colonoscopy after resection? Maria.

Since: Jul 12

Laguna Hills, CA

#3270 Nov 14, 2012
Maria wrote:
hi all--this is urgent---
well to qoute the Godfather--just when i think i'm out, they pull me back in again"...I went to my Family Physician because of rectal bleeding. He did a scope and said "you have quite a bit of blood up there".
UP WHERE?
"Beyond the scope but i can see it"ry
He debated if he should admit me to the hospital but opted for me to get a colonoscopy Friday.
He said it could be my diverticulutis is back.
WHAT? I am 7 weeks post op lapro/robot assist, had 12 inches of colon removed. I am scared. I have put in a call to the Dr that did the surgery who is 2 hrs away. Isn't it too damn soon to have a colonoscopy after resection? Maria.
Maria, so sorry to hear this. I would wait to hear what your surgeon says before you make any decisions on having a colonoscopy. Keep us posted and good luck.

lovedusty
Elizabeth

Melbourne, Australia

#3271 Nov 14, 2012
Larry. Good health from now on. God bless.
Maria. See surgeon first definitely.
Luvbug and Deb. I went to a professional who teaches the pelvic floor exercises for post natal women. She didn't touch me, just told me how to do the exercises. I stopped going because it got too expensive, but the exercises were helpful.
Elizabeth

Melbourne, Australia

#3272 Nov 14, 2012
Actually the therapist did use an ultrasound type of scanner, which was only cold on the skin, but there was no manipulation.
KimmieG

Kennesaw, GA

#3273 Nov 14, 2012
Maria - I, myself, would not wait! Just the fact that the Family Physician gave pause as to whether or not to admit you after seeing so much blood, would be enough for me. That being said...if you are not in pain and feel you can wait, and are comfortable with this decision, then I say follow your gut. No one knows your body better you! Best of luck. Let us know how you are doing.
George

Fort Myers, FL

#3274 Nov 15, 2012
Georgia wrote:
Hey, George,
I figured you would stick around to see who posted after you. Well it is me and I just sent you a message you should want to read over at DS.
Georgia,

I need to figure out how to get into that site again. It was bookmarked on my other computer that I left back up in Maine. Will try to find the url for it. Good to hear from you!
Deb

Greensburg, PA

#3275 Nov 15, 2012
Georgia wrote:
Hey Deb,
Nice to "see" you. Are you doing any better?? It's been a long time since I've read anything from you.
I am doing better since I have started getting nerve block shots...thanks for asking
Georgia

United States

#3276 Nov 15, 2012
I am so very glad they are helping you. You really deserved, after all the pain you were having, to find something that helped you.
Deb

Greensburg, PA

#3277 Nov 15, 2012
Georgia wrote:
I am so very glad they are helping you. You really deserved, after all the pain you were having, to find something that helped you.
How are you doing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Diverticulitis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Doc problems Feb 25 sueb 3
how do i get a grip and stop worrying? (Apr '16) Feb 25 RamR 18
side affects from colon resection. (Jun '11) Feb 22 Lon k 75
Diverticulosis and Constipation Feb 20 donnadonna 4
Regrets on having Diverticulitis surgery/colon ... (May '12) Feb 18 Shawno 2,666
Food and Recipes and How We're Doing (Jan '13) Feb 15 Betsy 1,519
Still have diverticulitis infection (Jan '08) Feb 14 Scott 83
What to eat during flare ups (Apr '12) Feb 13 Rhonda wolford 86
More from around the web