United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Hi Amy,

Hope you are continuing to feels better, was just wondering if you still have the acid reflux?. I NEVER had this before my surgery, not even once. Now I have it every other day. I wonder if it will get better
Terri

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

I still have acid reflux and it's been three months post surgery. Never, ever had it before. I take meds twice a day now to keep it under control.

Since: Jan 12

Stuart, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Mari wrote:
Hi Amy,
Hope you are continuing to feels better, was just wondering if you still have the acid reflux?. I NEVER had this before my surgery, not even once. Now I have it every other day. I wonder if it will get better
My Dr. has me take omeprazole this stops the acid reflux you may want to ask your Dr. about it

God Bless and feel better

Teddy Bear Hugs also

Larry
Elizabeth

Footscray, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Interesting about the acid reflux. I never had it before either. I put it down to my stomach having moved upwards! I felt that my solution would be to keep the weight down, and to exercise more, and that includes lots of walking.
Terri

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

I think mine is b/c I had that tube down my nose and throat so long that it damaged something - maybe that flap over the stomach.

And Tammy, you're not worrying too much. Sounds like you've been through a whole lot. It's going to take some time to get over all that you've been through.
bonnie

Uniontown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

i just wanted to say when i was released 10 months ok ..i had no meds......:( and i had sever pain with the nerves growing back together..so if you get this ,you will know .....no answers from doctors....i just had a friend tell me that ..i was scared .....
Liz

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Joy wrote:
I am 3 weeks down the line from an anterior resection. everything has gone well but yesterday i started with really bad pain up my bottom which is eased by passing wind or pooing. is this normal?
I had several inches of my colon removed this past April due to a stricture. After surgery I too had issues with severe pain in my rectal area. I am guessing it was some sort of pelvic floor pain. The pain was so intense it was hard to believe. This is a little embarrassing but I began tightening and relaxing my rectal area which seemed to help a lot.. Might have been that the muscles were cramping from all the excitement down there! Anyways try that for a few days and see if it helps! Best to you.
Liz

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Thanks to everyone for your candor and helpful hints. I had a colon resection in April due to a severe stricture. I am now almost 6 months out and have gone through most of what you other brave souls have been through. I am doing extremely well but still bothered with one touchy issue....Even a hint of pepper or spice gives me terrible diarrhea. I have been back to my surgeon who said it could take up to a year for all to calm down. Obviously I am avoiding anything with pepper and spices and some other foods which seem to cause the problems.

Anyone else have this issue? For how long might I expect this to go on? Ish!
Elizabeth

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Liz. Your surgeon was right. If you read (it may be hard to find at this juncture) some of the old posts, it does take quite a while for the colon to appreciate its new image. In the meantime, if you know what is causing a problem, it's good! Best of health from now on.
goosey

Bartlett, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Bonnie wrote:
Jimmy,
I iive in the Chicago and I have to have surgery. I am researching doctor now. Could you please tell me who is doing your surgery? Thank you.
Hi Bonnie,
I too live in Carol Stream. I had a colon resection on April 13th. My GI doctor recommended Dr Altimari out of CDH but he was not in my insurance plan. I interviewed one of the top docs at Rush in Chicago and Dr. David Piazza out of Edward Hospital. I chose Dr. Piazza and he did (in my opinion) a great job!! I highly recommend him!

Best of luck to you!
Bonnie

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Gooey,

Thank you for the info about your Dr. I was going to get a consult from the top Dr at rush too, but he no longer takes my insurance. I have decided to go to dr. Sacraldes out of Loyola. I hope I have made the right choice. Have you recovered completely? I am so nervous and every day I think about canceling the surgery. I am glad you are doing well! Thank you gain , Bonnie
Liz

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Elizabeth wrote:
Liz. Your surgeon was right. If you read (it may be hard to find at this juncture) some of the old posts, it does take quite a while for the colon to appreciate its new image. In the meantime, if you know what is causing a problem, it's good! Best of health from now on.
Thanks for the information. I have been reading the different conversations but had not found any regarding someone with a similar issue who is beyond 5 months post op. It is a big help to know others have experienced the same. I will try to find the conversation. If anyone knows about when please let me know. Many thanks!
Deb

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Well after a year and a half of chronic pain I may have pain relief. Tomorrow I will start my nerve block shots. Hope this will finally be the end of all my suffering and pain meds.
Terri

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Sorry to keep asking about this, but can anyone get hold of Janae and ask if her second surgery was okay? She hasn't been on in a long time.
Anonymous

Collierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Hello everyone.. My question.. I have been spiking a temp for the past two nights.. Last night 100.1 tonight 101..I am scared..anyone have a temp 5 weeks after resection?
Donna

Kingston, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

In April of 2012 I had a colon resection. The surgeon removed approximately a foot of my large colon. He needed to reattach it to my rectum thereby removing about a third of that as well. My problem consistently since the surgery is an intolerance to food. Pretty much whatever I eat makes me have to use the bathroom immediately thereafter. While not diarrhea I go at least 15 times a day and always feel bloated. I'm just so anxious to find out what causes this. I've met with the surgeon on follow ups and he doesn't have an answer. Can anyone help?
Elizabeth

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Niece. Please go to your doctor now. You may have an infection.

Donna. This has also been covered in the forum. It will pass, please excuse the pun. Georgia, way back, suggested oatbran to regulate and slow down the attacks. It is annoying, isn't it? Drink plenty of fluids, walk when you can, and do not stop eating. Very small meals (such as half a sandwhich) and more often.
Anonymous

Collierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Thank you I m actually scheduled fot CT and lab in the a.m. Saw doctor todayand he said he did not think CT would show anything.. But wanted to make sure.
I told him about my fever last night didn't expect a temp tonight. It's all just so exhausting.. I wanted to see if others had complications this late in their recovery... If too bad will go to er.. Again thanks.
Donna

Kingston, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Elizabeth wrote:
Niece. Please go to your doctor now. You may have an infection.
Donna. This has also been covered in the forum. It will pass, please excuse the pun. Georgia, way back, suggested oatbran to regulate and slow down the attacks. It is annoying, isn't it? Drink plenty of fluids, walk when you can, and do not stop eating. Very small meals (such as half a sandwhich) and more often.
Thank you
Anonymous

Collierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Cat scan and lab work was normal.. Dr doesn't know what's causing the fever.. Will watch and see.. Thankful no leaks or abcesses. I sneezed really hard Sat and something popped in my side, the Dr said probably pulled an abdominal muscles. Hurts like crappppppp... So ready for this journey to be over..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Diverticulitis Forum right now

Search the Diverticulitis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
How long does it take to feel better?? (Jul '10) 21 hr Marie 39
Chia Seeds and Diverticulitis (May '12) Thu Anne 27
Diverticulitis patients reveal psychological, p... Thu william 1
Food and Recipes and How We're Doing (Jan '13) Thu Betsy 798
can a fistula heal itself? Wed tony8832 3
Regrets on having Diverticulitis surgery/colon ... (May '12) Jul 30 Julianne 2,084
What to eat during flare ups (Apr '12) Jul 29 Art 23
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••