First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 12

Stuart, Florida

#21 Jul 10, 2012
Newcomer wrote:
Hi, i am going to see an oncologist this afternoon. Per my own research, it sounds like chemo for colon cancer rarely causes hair loss. Is it true? I am a little worried. Thanks!
That is a good question for your Dr. I really can not say as my colon cancer is gone and turned in to Hodgkins lymphoma and that treatment makes your hair fall out big time I kind of look like a scarecrow hehehehehe they tell me it will grow back. Good luck on your treatment
and hears hoping you do not get nausea from the chemo

God be with you
and Teddy Bear Hugs !!!

Larry
Gillian

UK

#22 Jul 10, 2012
I have been taking Cymbalta for the pain from the nerve damage I suffered from the last op -it was the only thing that touched it.
NewComer

Hinsdale, IL

#23 Jul 10, 2012
I met the oncologist. Will start chemo on July 23rd. 12 rounds, biweekly. I guess it is pretty standard. Doc did say that none of his colon cancer patients have lost hair. But he scared me by telling me about the port. Probably it is not that bad.

In addition, I was not too scared about the surgery, but this 6 months treatment really seems long.
natalie

Saint-eustache, Canada

#24 Jul 10, 2012
Gillian wrote:
I have been taking Cymbalta for the pain from the nerve damage I suffered from the last op -it was the only thing that touched it.
Hi Gillian, could you give me info about Cymbalta?? My mom is 88 and in constant pain (back and knees). I signed her up for the pain clinic in september and could use info before hand!

Thank you
Nat
Mom

Overland Park, KS

#25 Jul 10, 2012
Hey Larry. Just checking in to wish you well. How are you doing?

Since: Jan 12

Stuart, Florida

#26 Jul 10, 2012
Mom wrote:
Hey Larry. Just checking in to wish you well. How are you doing?
Hi Mom
I am doing ok have had two tretments sofar. Wednesday will be #3 then next Monday the 16th will be last for IV Drugs till Aug But sofar I am doing ok.
I hope you are starting to feel better also

God Bless
and Teddy Bear Hugs

Larry

Since: Jan 12

Stuart, Florida

#27 Jul 17, 2012
Hi All:

Well the IV Chemo is all done for July .. the shot I got for red blood cells makes my tummy hurt today it is not to bad. next 7 days of nuprogen shots do not like them but they are a must to make white cells
so round 3 is all most done

I hope all of you are recoverying ok and that your not in to much pain

Teddy Bear Hugs to all .. and God Bless

Larry

Since: Jan 12

Stuart, Florida

#28 Aug 6, 2012
Hi All!

Well Today started round #4 now for the next 18 days I can be some what sick I really hope this is the last one and I do not have to go for 6 rounds this is like a boxing fight knocks the he** out of you !!!

So if there is any one else doing chemo please say so and how you are handeling it

also Hope all that have recently had resections are healing very good and now pain free God Bless You all. And may he walk with you on your journey to recovery

Teddy Bear Hugs all around

P.S. My Copy of Bevis and Butthead teaches Raz spelling sucks

Larry
Georgia

United States

#29 Aug 9, 2012
Hi Larry,
I am always thinking of you and sending prayers. Seems like since I left others have disappeared also. We just can't stand the rants anymore by Deb or Deb from Mich or whatever she calls herself. I wish you lots of hugs and hope you will continue to post. Please take care of yourself.

Since: Jan 12

Stuart, Florida

#30 Aug 9, 2012
Georgia wrote:
Hi Larry,
I am always thinking of you and sending prayers. Seems like since I left others have disappeared also. We just can't stand the rants anymore by Deb or Deb from Mich or whatever she calls herself. I wish you lots of hugs and hope you will continue to post. Please take care of yourself.
Thanks for the well wishes and hope you are feeling fine also

God Bless

AND TBH :-)

Larry

Since: Jan 12

Stuart, Florida

#31 Sep 26, 2012
Hi All

Well round 5 of Chemo is done but I ended up with an infection on my left side Friday I had it lanced and the VAMC keep me inpatient for the weekend on IV Antibotics
I was discharged Monday afternoon they have me
Sulfamethoxazole to take for 10 days 2X aday
they also gave me Lactobacillus(Probiotic) to off set the Sulfamethoxazole side effects

my next round starts Oct 2nd and last 10 days plus 7 days for white cell therope (SHOTS)

HOPE This is the end of it all can not take is Crap any longer

well I hope that all are feeling well and God Bless

Teddy Bear Hugs also

Larry
Natalie

Montréal, Canada

#32 Sep 26, 2012
TheRaz Stuart Fl wrote:
Hi All
Well round 5 of Chemo is done but I ended up with an infection on my left side Friday I had it lanced and the VAMC keep me inpatient for the weekend on IV Antibotics
I was discharged Monday afternoon they have me
Sulfamethoxazole to take for 10 days 2X aday
they also gave me Lactobacillus(Probiotic) to off set the Sulfamethoxazole side effects
my next round starts Oct 2nd and last 10 days plus 7 days for white cell therope (SHOTS)
HOPE This is the end of it all can not take is Crap any longer
well I hope that all are feeling well and God Bless
Teddy Bear Hugs also
Larry
Good evening mr. bear hugs. Just because I don't ask about you often doesn't mean I don't think about you often.

I do not know much about cancer treatment but I always said it takes a special kind of person to go through that crap. I'm glad you posted to keep us up to date.

My family and I are doing well. I wish you a happy ending to this ordeal.
nat

Montréal, Canada

#33 Nov 12, 2012
Larry, where are you??? have you been posting and I missed it??? How you been, how are you????

Tender thoughts for you and family,

Nat

Since: Jan 12

Stuart, Florida

#34 Nov 13, 2012
nat wrote:
Larry, where are you??? have you been posting and I missed it??? How you been, how are you????
Tender thoughts for you and family,
Nat
Hi Nat

Well the Dr says PET Scan come back clean no more cancer and no more chemo now just have to get stringht back here's hoping this will be soon
and that my hair comes back also so God Bless and Big Hugs also

Larry
nat

Montréal, Canada

#35 Nov 13, 2012
TheRaz Stuart Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Nat
Well the Dr says PET Scan come back clean no more cancer and no more chemo now just have to get stringht back here's hoping this will be soon
and that my hair comes back also so God Bless and Big Hugs also
Larry
Holy moly Larry, why don't you shout it off the rooftops in this here forum!!!!! I'll do it for you:

LARRY IS CANCER FREE...NO MORE CHEMO!!!

Seriously, I'm glad you are part of the positive percentage that makes it through. Relax, eat well and get your strength back. We are all rooting for you!

Nat

Since: May 12

Sun City, CA

#36 Nov 14, 2012
So happy for you! I even cried a little.
nat

Montréal, Canada

#37 Feb 4, 2013
LARRY......it's been tooooo long since we received Teddy Bear Hugs... where are you and how are you????

Natalie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Diverticulitis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Regrets on having Diverticulitis surgery/colon ... (May '12) 9 hr sherie 2,251
Has anyone else had this problem? Thu TammyRH02 1
Diarrhea 6 months post colon resection (Sep '08) Wed kitten 223
Food and Recipes and How We're Doing (Jan '13) Wed Anne 876
Belly button after surgery Wed marilyn 9
1 week post op , so many questions please help!!!! Nov 18 Prime_Beef 11
Advice for After Colon Resection? (Jan '09) Nov 17 Jennifer1974 4,498

Diverticulitis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE