how do you deal with flagyl induced d...

how do you deal with flagyl induced diahhrea?? ouch...

Posted in the Diverticulitis Forum

randi

Hurst, TX

#1 Dec 16, 2012
the doctor took me off the cipro as i started having very bad cramps and joint pains. i could hardly use my hands and my feet hurt when walking.

i took it five days so he said to continue with the flagyl. but the flagyl is giving me diahhrea at least 4-8 times a day.

i'm so sore....

so what i can do to ease this diahhrea? treatment sure is worse than the cure, huh?

Since: Jan 12

Stuart, Florida

#2 Dec 16, 2012
randi wrote:
the doctor took me off the cipro as i started having very bad cramps and joint pains. i could hardly use my hands and my feet hurt when walking.
i took it five days so he said to continue with the flagyl. but the flagyl is giving me diahhrea at least 4-8 times a day.
i'm so sore....
so what i can do to ease this diahhrea? treatment sure is worse than the cure, huh?
Radni

You may want to try Taking some Probiotics with the flagyl this will help stop the loose runny BM's I am taking CLINDAMYCIN and that causes the runs like crazy. Taking the probiotics really help me. I got them at Walgreen's Nature's Bounty Acidophilus Probiotic for around 15$ 200 Pills hope this helps you and they say to take them one to two hours after the antibiotics

May God Bless and Healing Teddy Bear Hugs

Larry

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Diverticulitis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Advice for After Colon Resection? (Jan '09) 3 hr monty 4,608
Poll Recovery time for intestine resectioning surgery? (Nov '07) 5 hr Big hare 134
Regrets on having Diverticulitis surgery/colon ... (May '12) 7 hr whattodo 2,429
Food and Recipes and How We're Doing (Jan '13) Thu NJ John 1,294
severe nausea and vomiting after bowel resection (Oct '14) Sep 1 Raylin Sutter 12
Everything started after losing weight! Sep 1 Raylin Sutter 6
High fiber, really? Aug 31 BGK 4
More from around the web