Alison

UK

#1 May 27, 2010
Well I had my resection on Tuesday afternoon, can't remember alot about it but they managed to do it lap. Wednedasy was a hobbible day and I wondered if I had made the right decision, I will admit the cuts were the most painfull plus I had a drain, IV and cathater. Before you all think oh god I am not having this done read on. Today Thirsday I have had all drains and eveything else removed and am walking around and have had a shower, yes I am still a bit sore but not like yesterday. Keep thinking this is too good to be true, just hope I contine this way. Just thought I would let you know what I had experienced/
Alison

UK

#2 May 27, 2010
Meant to say horrible not hobbible, brain must still be asleep!!
biker

Cleveland, OH

#3 May 27, 2010
Alison, good luck. I had mine done three years ago, the same way. Each day will get better and better.
natalie

Longueuil, Canada

#4 May 27, 2010
YEAH Alison!!! Pleased to hear you're feeling better! I had mine 2 and a half years ago...already forgot the pain!!!!!!!
Debra

Las Vegas, NV

#5 May 27, 2010
ALISON, Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm having my surgery tomorrow, Friday, May 28th. It so helps hearing from someone who just had it done this week. The memories of how you are feeling are fresh. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Debra
Joy

Fremont, CA

#6 May 27, 2010
Debra wrote:
ALISON, Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm having my surgery tomorrow, Friday, May 28th. It so helps hearing from someone who just had it done this week. The memories of how you are feeling are fresh. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Debra
All the Best for your surgery Debra, let us all know how great you are feeling afterwards? Alison, glad you are feeling better already. I am sure that there will be a few ups and downs but the trend will be UP from now on. Keep us posted, Joy
Alison

UK

#7 May 28, 2010
Well I am now 3 days post op and still feeling pretty good. Yes I am still sore but I wouln't expect anything else. For those that are interested had first bm (or explosion) this morning so am now allowed to eat a soft diet (does chocolate count as a soft food?) Hopefully I can go home at the weekend.
I had my op Tue pm and Linda who I met here had hers Tue am and she is also up and about and hopefully going home weekend - she is 74 and I am 44.
So please I know it is no use me saying don't worry as I was a bag of nerves the week or two before my op and it isn't pleasant but it is not as bad as you are imagining.
Senior Moment

Princeton, WV

#8 May 29, 2010
So glad to hear Alison. Keep strong.
deborah

Trenton, MI

#9 Feb 6, 2013
had colon resection 2 years ago ouch!but started same problems before surgery severe dierrea bleedind this was the first attack am scheduling a colonoscopy soon what could it be

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Diverticulitis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Food and Recipes and How We're Doing (Jan '13) 8 hr Kimberly 937
ibs symptoms after esection surgery? Tue ladyrae 6
diagnosed chronic divaticulitus Dec 16 Rosalie 4
Diverticulitis and fistula, need advice from an... (May '10) Dec 15 Thomas-NZ 62
Regrets on having Diverticulitis surgery/colon ... (May '12) Dec 14 marilyn 2,274
Advice for After Colon Resection? (Jan '09) Dec 14 Louise 4,509
Has anyone tried the Pain Free Foods Diet? (Dec '13) Dec 14 Jedro 27
More from around the web