Pain feels like a bruised tail bone !?!?

Pain feels like a bruised tail bone !?!?

Posted in the Diverticulitis Forum

Jennifer

Kittanning, PA

#1 Aug 1, 2009
I am having my first attack of diverticulitis. For several months it feels like my tail bone is bruised when I sit. Sometimes it is worse than other times. Has anyone else experienced this? I just am wondering if the bruised tail bone pain has anything to do with the diverticulitis.
jane

Fallon, NV

#2 Aug 2, 2009
Jennifer wrote:
I am having my first attack of diverticulitis. For several months it feels like my tail bone is bruised when I sit. Sometimes it is worse than other times. Has anyone else experienced this? I just am wondering if the bruised tail bone pain has anything to do with the diverticulitis.
Hi Jennifer,
My 'tailbone' also started hurting. It felt like it was bruised also. I was diagnosed with colon cancer and had the surgery 3 months ago. It still hurts a little, but not near as bad so I'm thinking it was from the cancer and hopefully will heal as I recover from the surgery.
Good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Diverticulitis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how do i get a grip and stop worrying? (Apr '16) 14 hr Billyjet 4
Pain and Discomfort 18-months after Colectomy Dec 7 sampson2001 1
Regrets on having Diverticulitis surgery/colon ... (May '12) Dec 7 Peroni 2,611
Recurrent diverticulitis after bowel resection (Sep '13) Dec 7 Cathie228 24
Should antibiotics be taken with mild diverticu... Dec 7 donnadonna 6
Colon Wall Thickening as as Symptom of Divertic... (Jun '07) Dec 7 donnadonna 45
News Research findings question effectiveness of ant... Dec 6 Mom4 7
What to eat during flare ups (Apr '12) Nov 29 Bremda 77
More from around the web