Stretching The Truth About An Artific...

Stretching The Truth About An Artificial Pancreas

There are 1 comment on the story from Feb 25, 2013, titled Stretching The Truth About An Artificial Pancreas. In it, reports that:

Let me be straight: I am not against the development of an artificial pancreas and I do believe some good will come from this work, but I do believe that the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation is playing very fast and very lose with the so-called facts of what an artificial pancreas can and cannot do.

Join the discussion below, or

Ravenna, OH

#1 Mar 3, 2013
The idea of a artificial pancreas is great! The practicality not so much. I've been a T1D for nearly 40 years, I was on a pump for about a year, the cost of the supplies outweigh the perceived benefits. "IF" the artificial pancreas becomes available, nobody will be able to afford it. The "affordable health care law" has forced insurance company's to shift the cost of chronic illnesses to the end users.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Diabetes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News defining a diabetes cure (Apr '09) 12 hr tomparson12 6
News What are the health benefits of butternut squash? (Oct '14) 13 hr tomparson12 6
News Genetic predeterminants for diabetes in African... (Dec '09) 13 hr tom 8
Medtronic & Animas supplies, Dexcom sensors, an... Tue Olya 19
Medtronic Reservoir and Quick-set infusion sets... (Apr '11) Nov 21 Ket 91
News Diabetes Drug Helps Some With Chronic Depression Nov 21 Cruka 1
News Blood sugar levels 'too high among pregnant wom... Nov 20 Omer 1
More from around the web