Parents to blame for kids diabetes

Parents to blame for kids diabetes

There are 24 comments on the AdelaideNow... story from Jun 18, 2013, titled Parents to blame for kids diabetes. In it, AdelaideNow... reports that:

Parents of 31,000 Australian kids suffering from Type 2 diabetes should wear the blame for their poor health an international expert says.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AdelaideNow....

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#24 Jan 23, 2014
sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't abide advertising of any kind - let alone ads which promote junk food - people see mass advertising as 'entertainment'- I have actually heard people discussing ads as though they are movies - "have you seen that ad where ....'?- unbelievable.
Don't watch ads, don't buy shit food or junk stuff and that's all that's on tv, rubbish.
Kat

Chermside, Australia

#25 Jan 23, 2014
The medical system does nothing? More ignorance. Diabetic educators (specially trained nurse) educates these people, whether they adhere to the advice and structure given is on them.
Goa Sex Tours

Sydney, Australia

#27 Jan 23, 2014
White boys have tiny pathetic weewees so they eat junk food to make them better and they become even fatter
Electicstorm747

Jasper, TN

#28 Jan 24, 2014
cos i can wrote:
My sister was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 3.
I dont think it had anything to do with the way my parents brought her up,as myself and my 3 other sisters never had it.
We had no family history of it,but saying that it may have not been unrecongnised in other generations.
I find it a bit unfair that someone has put the blame on my parents for her condition.
My sister passed away in 2009 due to complications arising from diabetes.
She had gone through the renal failure with her kidneys and my mother even donated one of hers to her which gave her another couple of years.
But in the end i think she had just had enough.
She was only 42 and i miss her alot.
So for someone to put the blame on my parents really pisses me of.
Hi sweetie.. Very sorry about your sis & may GOD rest her soul. Just wanted to clear up the fact that this article specifically says "Kids suffering with TYPE 2 DIABETES" My son is Type 1 also & being that your late sister was also Type 1, we know there is a HUGE difference in the two types. So much so, that Type 1 should be called something totally different that diabetes. Especially with the fact that Type 1 makes up only 5% off all diabetes cases. The other 95% being Type 2 Diabetes. Anyways, you shouldn't be upset that about the article here just because you made a mistake in reading it & I didn't want you to be. So, prayers with love always & GOD bless you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Diabetes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Medtronic Mio/Reservoir 18 hr lauren 1
Diabetes supplies, Medtronic, tandem, and more 18 hr lauren 3
Reversing Type 2 Diabetes Naturally 3 Inexpensi... Thu mike44w 1
Dexcom G4/G5 Sensors for sale Thu allen 4
Quick sets MMT 399 Thu ThePumper 2
MMT-397 infusion sets Thu Alex 2
G4 platinum and transmitter Wed natasha 38
More from around the web