New Diabetes Guidelines May Lower Patient Medical Bills

Dec 20, 2012 Full story: Revolution Health

New guidelines issued by the American Diabetes Association Thursday may reduce the number of people who need to take blood pressure medications, and they may help more people get insurance coverage for testing their blood sugar levels. "We're constantly looking at the data to try to make our treatment guidelines as personalized and as consistent as possible," said Dr.

Full Story

“Steps To Success”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1 Dec 20, 2012
Not sure if lowering the guidelines will help in the long run. Cost wise sure, but if loosing the guidelines for blood pressure means people could become less compliant. I think keeping the blood pressure guidelines the same, and working out a solid deal directly with the big companies(bayer, lifescan, etc.) to lower the cost of test strips, pumps, meters, etc. would be a MUCH better way to help. Our small organization is trying to do that now. Imagine what a HUGE org like the ADA or AADE could do...

Anyways, visit our diabetes self management & education site, www.steps-to-success.org

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Diabetes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
People with diabetes more prone to depression, ... 3 hr sydney 1
Farmers market expands, farmers needed (Apr '14) 21 hr farmer 6
Humalog 5 vials full size (Jan '14) Feb 27 Normajean826 4
Humalog Feb 27 theark1 3
Diabetes Cravings - Control blood glucose level... Feb 27 Kathy 1
Study: Vitamin deficiency more closely linked t... Feb 27 HumanSpirit 5
Telepsychiatry Improves Outcomes in Frontier Co... Feb 26 HumanSpirit 1
More from around the web