Phasing out generic, CFC-powered asthma inhalers

Sep 1, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Los Angeles Times

The Food and Drug Administration has decided generic albuterol inhalers should be taken off the market. via Los Angeles Times

Comments
41 - 48 of 48 Comments Last updated Aug 15, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: May 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2008

saveCFCinhalersDOTorg wrote:
Well, what about pirbuterol (Maxair)- which is much gentler in terms of cardiac effects than albuterol- and is still available in CFC form?
Well thankfully I have lost 300 pounds, I walk 5 miles a day now so that helps my breathing now a lot I take Atrovent as needed only now.
Dolores hein

Muscatine, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

Please, please, the HFA inhalers are awful!! they are going to cause deaths! Dont you think that if they were as good as the other ones, we would take them and even not complain about the costs? What is wrong with our government that space flights happen and our inhalers are what is making a hole in the ozone? And if the Democrats get in, this November we are sunk. A democrat chose to put these into the whole ozone package. They WONT take it out. I have had the zeponex and the one in the SMALL red sleeve.. Both have caused my ashtma to be worse.
sherry

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

I too suffer from asthma and our medication such as our rescue inhalers were taken away from us and were given something that does not work. I have seen the complaints =the petitions but have yet to see anyone do anything about it as we suffer - cough and cannot breath a full breath. Is anyone willing to take a stand on this and fight for our right as americans to get the medication that we deserve? Who will stand up and fight?
Beverly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

As I read all of the comments, I am just floored. I must have been in never never land. I was thinking the inhaler was malfunctioning. Instead, I am just not getting any medication. I find I have to take anywhere from 3 to 5 and even 6 puffs to get relief.
I urge everyone to contact your congressional representative and senator. The only way to get attention is to go to the decision makers. Sign the petition and call the offices.
IWAW

Belgrade, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

Robbie Brooks

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) online from http://inhousegeneric.info about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
Thornton

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

i wrote:
I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) online from http://inhousegeneric.info about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
http://inhousegeneric.info very clear and informative site, simple ordering process and very fast delivery. All round excellent service - will use again.
Yahir

Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Naturally, I am skeptical of everything online. http://inhousegeneric.com is legitimate. I placed my first order for the smallest amount possible. It arrived sooner than expected. I didn't pay the extra money for speedy air mail. I placed another order that was much larger and it came right on time. I will definitely use this company again for even larger orders now that I trust them. They also give you discounts every time you place an order which is cool. One thing to keep in mind is if you place a larger order, they will send half in one shipment, and then the other half after that to avoid customs scrutinizing your package. I am very happy, I no longer need to pay tons of money to see a doctor and therapist (and have them tell me a bunch of stuff I already know) in order to get my medication.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Diabetes Forum right now

Search the Diabetes Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
View Press Release 23 hr livinginavan 6
Dexcom G4 Transmitter Thu cbgdjg 1
Transmitter and sensors for sale Thu cbgdjg 4
Omnipod for sale (Sep '10) Jul 22 Rita 27
Omnipods (Dec '13) Jul 19 Dave 6
Follistim AQ Cartridge 900 IU for Sale (Jun '13) Jul 18 Follistrim 12
Quick Sets MMT-396 and Reservoirs MMT-332A For ... Jul 17 Cinch1342 1
•••
•••