Jeff

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

I look at over half of the "for sale" posts and I can start seeing a pattern of which ones are for sure scams, probable scams, and possibly legit.

I might not ever buy anything again from this forum. I recently got scammed on some Humalog, it wasn't a large amount, but after doing some research I see that there are dozens of examples of people being scammed. The two obvious scams I see posted over and over, 1) person selling Humalog/Lantus/Novolog/Levemir all for $25 per vial and 2) person selling Omni pods/Insulin Pumps/Sof-Sensors/Etc.

It's a great scam to pray on people that are in real life or death need of medicines, who can't generally afford the cost.

I would avoid anyone with a gmail address, as it seems that is the accounts of choice by the scammers, probably easiest accounts to create. And I wouldn't buy anything from people who are selling all different types of products. Only deal through Paypal, even though its not 100% safe, it's by far the best option.

There is almost no point in listing names of scammers, because they just change their name everyday.
Mike

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

I agree. You see the same stupid fake ads over and over for a ridiculous amount of diabetic supplies at too good to be true prices. Then they won't deal through Paypal, and basically want you to email them codes to Moneypaks, which have no means to recover funds.

I personally have stopped buying anything from this site. I would suggest others stay away as we'll.
Anonymous

Guangzhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

I see everyone experiences cheated I want to talk about their own experiences. I often through PayPal to buy diabetes supplies on Topix. I have encountered some crooks, they always ask me to use Western Union, but I have always insisted PayPal transaction, so until now, I have not lost my money.I am very glad, because PayPal is very safe for buyers and sellers. Through trading, I think if buyers and sellers is PayPal authenticated users, then the security of transactions will reach 70%. In the transaction process, when the two sides to talk about the good items cost and shipping cost, sellers need to provide electronic bill for buyers. When buyers receive electronic bills carefully check transaction information, and then be ready to pay. If the goods purchased are service projects in the electronic bill. the buyer must be careful, because PayPal does not protect service project. Seller before shipment needs to take photographs of the parcel, the benefits of doing so is to preserve evidence of disputes that may arise. Buyers receipt with the courier staff opened the package checks, check items and transactions described are consistent, check the items and the packaging is damaged, if the buyer is able to do this, I believe that a successful transaction has been generated.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Diabetes Discussions

Search the Diabetes Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
EEOC lawsuit on behalf of diabetic Walgreen emp... 4 hr Runnunonempty 36
Follistim AQ Cartridge 900 IU for Sale (Jun '13) 9 hr Ark22 11
Diabetes Supplies for sale 20 hr Brenda 3
Medtronic MMT-399 Quick Sets available Tue I live with diabetes 7
Omnipods (Dec '13) Tue Clay238 3
I have Omnipods PDA and omnipod pods available (Jul '13) Tue Clay238 10
Dexcom G4 Sensors for sale Jul 7 serge 1
•••
•••