Workers urged to take a stand

May 14, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: AdelaideNow...

A study has found office workers who spend half of an eight-hour working day standing use 13 per cent more energy than colleagues who are seated.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Next chain them to their desks and feed them bread and water...You want to up productivity get all the lame arse managers to stop wasting their workers time by asking stupid questions, because they are too feckin' lazy to read the emails they are sent...that should save about five hours a day where the actual worker can benefit the company and maybe the managers can benefit from the learning... dumb arses.
Ie...Emailed to boss...quarterly figures sent a week prior to him/her needing them...(Boss) asking worker "a week later" for the quarterly figures...(worker) tells boss "figures sent a week ago direct to his/her email....(Boss)Ok, but can you tell me what they are, while I am here?(worker)complies, and just wasted and hour and a half that will now put him/her behind with figures for next quarter...(Idea)...Fire the bosses give the workers his/her full salary as well as his/her own, and you will still be saving a fortune....Dumb arse company managers and bosses that wouldn't know if their arses were on fire, and that the worker had already put it out for them....

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

PS worker editor of quarterly magazine that must go out to all company heads, and has been waiting for Boss's editorial so that the magazine can go out on time?...Magazine late again though boss has been given three prompts for his editorial, and well aware of date he must submit this...but fails dismally....every damn quarter....sack the bugger, or let the magazine go out without his imput and make everyone aware of how it is more important for him to wander around all day scratching his arse and go to unnecessary company lunches, than do his god damn job on time. Save worker another half hour chasing him up every month.
sid

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

It's been my experience in the mechanical trades that the most useless mechanic was usually put in the position of workshop foreman or leading hand because it was way of getting an incompetent mechanic out of the way so he couldn't fcuk up any more expensive equipment and the manager didn't have to sack him. Quite often minor managers are put in those positions to contain damage.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

sid wrote:
It's been my experience in the mechanical trades that the most useless mechanic was usually put in the position of workshop foreman or leading hand because it was way of getting an incompetent mechanic out of the way so he couldn't fcuk up any more expensive equipment and the manager didn't have to sack him. Quite often minor managers are put in those positions to contain damage.
But owners of private companies wouldn't tolerate such incompetence because they are the ones that suffer the bottom line...big companies however seem indifferent to managers and the money they lose by their mere presence, and only too willing to blame the failure of productivity on the workers...go figure?

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
Ie...Emailed to boss...quarterly figures sent a week prior to him/her needing them...(Boss) asking worker "a week later" for the quarterly figures...(worker) tells boss "figures sent a week ago direct to his/her email....(Boss)Ok, but can you tell me what they are, while I am here?(worker)complies, and just wasted and hour and a half that will now put him/her behind with figures for next quarter...(Idea)...Fire the bosses give the workers his/her full salary as well as his/her own, and you will still be saving a fortune....Dumb arse company managers and bosses that wouldn't know if their arses were on fire, and that the worker had already put it out for them....
sid wrote:
It was aver so. This evokes connotations of the time-honored "Peter Principle" summarized here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Principle

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

* aver = ever

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It was aver so. This evokes connotations of the time-honored "Peter Principle" summarized here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Principle
So bloody true...
LOL

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
Next chain them to their desks and feed them bread and water...You want to up productivity get all the lame arse managers to stop wasting their workers time by asking stupid questions, because they are too feckin' lazy to read the emails they are sent...that should save about five hours a day where the actual worker can benefit the company and maybe the managers can benefit from the learning... dumb arses.
Do you want a job? I'll hire you as my productivity enforcer officer. Reply if interested
sid

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
But owners of private companies wouldn't tolerate such incompetence because they are the ones that suffer the bottom line...big companies however seem indifferent to managers and the money they lose by their mere presence, and only too willing to blame the failure of productivity on the workers...go figure?
that's true, the bigger the organisation the less sfficient it is.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

LOL wrote:
<quoted text> Do you want a job? I'll hire you as my productivity enforcer officer. Reply if interested
Why? if you had a brain you can easily follow the pattern, sack all company and local area managers and stand back and count your money.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

sid wrote:
<quoted text>
that's true, the bigger the organisation the less sfficient it is.
I too think that is the case, if you look at Telstra and bank CEO's the companies perceive these people as gods...what do they do to earn the money they make...does the companies investment in them justify the big bucks...Telstra's CEO took them to the cleaners big time and many others have left the company with millions after failing to lift the companies earnings. Huge waste of money methinks.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

EuroBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you care, you don't you anyway you fat welfare cheat.
Ah want to run that by me again Frenchy?
LOL

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? if you had a brain you can easily follow the pattern, sack all company and local area managers and stand back and count your money.
Are you interested or not? I'm offering 75k per annum package +9% super and the ability to work from home.
EuroBoy

Schwedt, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah want to run that by me again Frenchy?
Replace the second "you" with the word work, queen of the obese.
EuroBoy

Schwedt, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

LOL wrote:
<quoted text>Are you interested or not? I'm offering 75k per annum package +9% super and the ability to work from home.
Are you going to pay her to sit at home with you on Saturday night to keep you company so you don't have to post on topix all night ?

Where are you going to get $75,000, you don't have $75.00.
Maybe centrelink will give you your payment early ? Can they do that ?
LOL

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

EuroBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to pay her to sit at home with you on Saturday night to keep you company so you don't have to post on topix all night ?
Where are you going to get $75,000, you don't have $75.00.
Maybe centrelink will give you your payment early ? Can they do that ?
Did I hurt your feelings through a post?

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

LOL wrote:
<quoted text>Are you interested or not? I'm offering 75k per annum package +9% super and the ability to work from home.
Sounds like what I already have...might want to up that another 6% and I might give it some consideration.
sid

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

LOL wrote:
I'm interested, how many HJ's do I have to do every night, I'm a bit concerned about getting cramps in my jaw.
LOL

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

sid wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm interested, how many HJ's do I have to do every night, I'm a bit concerned about getting cramps in my jaw.
If that's what you want to do, I'm happy to profit from your labour.
LOL

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like what I already have...might want to up that another 6% and I might give it some consideration.
How about 85k?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Diabetes Forum right now

Search the Diabetes Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
EEOC lawsuit on behalf of diabetic Walgreen emp... 58 min Mgt_smarter_than_green 12
Donation of Medtronic insulin pump, CGM, linked... 3 hr surely4Him 1
Medtronic Quick-Sets MMT-397 For Sale 3 hr Shannon Graslie 19
Animas pump like new with supplies and Dexcom G... 10 hr PersonWithDiabetes 2
Looking to Purchase Transmitter for Dexcom G4 P... Thu PersonWithDiabetes 1
Rebuilding Hope for Diabetic Neuropathy Sufferers (Mar '07) Apr 16 Sopranokds 13
Novolog for sale (Aug '12) Apr 15 Robert 6
•••
•••
•••
•••